Opinion Round 14 Changes vs. Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How did you get that???!

My comment was regarding St Kilda. Ross has debuted plenty in his time at Freo. The reason Weller and Blakely are still waiting (only half a season mind you) is because I don't see who you drop?? Keeping in mind Mzungu can't even crack in.

You said that Ross not playing youth at St. Kilda was justified because they were all crap. Presumably that means that also our youth are not getting games because they are crap.

If you can't see who you drop from our side then I don't know what to say. But I would probably start with the midfielder averaging 12 possessions over his career.

Last edited:
I think Duffield in form is in our best 22, just don't think he is playing well at the moment.

Hopefully he turns it around on Sunday and plays a blinder.

I heard he played well last week?

I saw him in Peels first game and he was rubbish and then played for Freo the week after and went well so I think he can lift in any case.

I heard he played well last week?

I saw him in Peels first game and he was rubbish and then played for Freo the week after and went well so I think he can lift in any case.
Pretty average for Peel last week Scham. I know stats aren't everything, but 13 of the Peel boys had more possessions than Duff. I would have rated quite a number better than him on the day.

You said that Ross not playing youth at St. Kilda was justified because they were all crap. Presumably that means that also our youth are not getting games because they are crap.

If you can't see who you drop from our side then I don't know what to say. But I would probably start with the midfielder average 12 possessions over his career.

Maybe so (even though his role doesn't require him getting 30 touches a game) but do you not think Mzungu is next in line? Then maybe Crozier?

We're trying to win a flag here, not win a popularity contest amongst the rookies. They are good and will get their chance but the bigger picture is, who do you want running out during finals time?

Now, I am only talking about the current rookies. Freo have blooded a fair few over the last few years, Neale, Pearce, Crozier et al.

He's never played as a running defender?

Must admit, that I am a little confused by what people are saying about the Gu but being a Perth supporter I can confirm that Gu was playing a half back role (with the ability to run forward) in the year he dominated the WAFL.

He is a genuine utility though who can play forward, wing, backline and tag. Less time has been spent forward than the other positions.

Gu is also the undisputed best runner in the team and very good overhead.

I would also love to see some of the young guns get a game but understand the reasons they are not at this time. My only real disappointment is Gu not getting a game.

I am delighted with the position we are in, so I will keep my powder dry but we must have a team of rip snorters to keep him out IMO.

Must admit, that I am a little confused by what people are saying about the Gu but being a Perth supporter I can confirm that Gu was playing a half back role (with the ability to run forward) in the year he dominated the WAFL.

He is a genuine utility though who can play forward, wing, backline and tag. Less time has been spent forward than the other positions.

Gu is also the undisputed best runner in the team and very good overhead.

I would also love to see some of the young guns get a game but understand the reasons they are not at this time. My only real disappointment is Gu not getting a game.

I am delighted with the position we are in, so I will keep my powder dry but we must have a team of rip snorters to keep him out IMO.
I want Gu in so bad! Understand this weeks need for Duff tho.

Going to issue thread bans to both of you ydraw and Lost_Deputy if you cant drop this bickering.

I think we should ban a pure changes thread going up before the game is even done, to be honest. Maybe we can start parceling out assignments for people to write proper preview threads. More productive than knee jerk catcalls for whoever you think played s**t in the last game.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Their reasons were that DeBoer was older and more experienced. Pretty s**t reasons if you ask me.

But you seem to be missing the point of my post and that is to rebut your argument from authority. You are essentially trying to argue that the match committee is always right. I gave an example of a time they were clearly wrong. They are not omnipotent and I don't accept the argument that whatever they decide is always the right decision.

Hindsight is a beautiful thing.

Wasn't really hindsight. Plenty of people were puzzled by the decision to make Lachie Neale the sub in the GF at the time. He had a really good 2nd half of 2013, but then was made sub for the GF after a single quiet game in the prelim. In that same prelim, De Boer only had 7 touches but was named to start on the ground ahead of Neale in the GF.

It was a terrible decision at the time, no need for hindsight.

He is right though. The selection committee are not infallible. Something is not proven right just because the selection committee or even Lyon himself agrees. Lost Deputy uses that as proof/evidence/justification of an opinion etc a fair bit... I understand reluctance to criticise the club we support, but we should be even more concerned about becoming a bunch of mindless sycophants.

A few deep breaths and a bex might be in order for a few around here.

ydraw please move on. I believe Lost_Deputy has already accepted Seppo's resolution and for the sake of the thread, please follow suit. I don't want this thread becoming your personal crusade.

Not surprising since he was the offender. Of course he's happy with a solution that punishes me and leaves his insulting post up. You're making me out to be the instigator, where the post history is clearly there for you to see.

If you had deleted the post as requested the issue would have been done with an hour ago.

Anyone know the average age of our side this weekend? Would have to be pushing the levels we had back in 2008

If the named 22 play on Sunday we will have an average age of 26 years 242 days (26.242) with a total of 2801 games experience.

Our most experienced team ever was the rd 19, 2014 team with 2948 games (27.50 ave age).

The '06 PF team was 25.251 - 2497 games.

The '13 GF team was 26.63 - 2528 games.

The '14 SF team was 26.58 - 2611 games.

The '08 teams were much younger.

BTW both 2014 GF teams were slightly older and more experienced than we are: Hawthorn 26.294 (3026 games), Sydney 26.309 (3020 games).

So yes we are old but not off the charts old...yet.

Last edited:
I think we should ban a pure changes thread going up before the game is even done, to be honest. Maybe we can start parceling out assignments for people to write proper preview threads. More productive than knee jerk catcalls for whoever you think played s**t in the last game.

Yeah, all the recent change threads are pretty much arguing at same thing anyway. I suspect if the mods rename this thread to "changes vs Hawks" nobody would have noticed the difference.

Wasn't really hindsight. Plenty of people were puzzled by the decision to make Lachie Neale the sub in the GF at the time. He had a really good 2nd half of 2013, but then was made sub for the GF after a single quiet game in the prelim. In that same prelim, De Boer only had 7 touches but was named to start on the ground ahead of Neale in the GF.

It was a terrible decision at the time, no need for hindsight.

Send your resume in to the FFC then, Nostradamus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back