Review Round 14 vs Crows at Metricon Stadium, Sunday 19th June, 3:20pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
First game back at Metricon in five weeks.

Who comes in and who goes out?

I presume Weller will be unavailable for this one so I'd be very tempted to put Bowes straight in to replace him on the half back line.

I'd certainly bring Casboult back, most likely at the expense of Day.

Will Luko be available?

Our VFL team plays tomorrow before another bye next week so we should have a better understanding of the options tomorrow.

Your thoughts?

Ainsworth might get looked at for his hit. Maybe a week?

Weller out.

Half a dozen players worthy of coming in.

Casboult certainty.

Rock Paper Scissors for Lukosius, Sharp, Bowes, Hollands, Constable, Fiorini, Lemmens, Flanders…

Last edited:

I think Benny definitely gets a week for his hit on McKay. I thought he was a bit poor yesterday, actually. Work rate was up but very off in terms of skills.

Also think it's time to bring Bowes back into the side, but not sure for who.

Would love to see Mally keep up this form when he's not playing in Darwin in front of friends and family.

I thought Day was okay, but I think it's pretty clear Chol is the exact same type of forward, only better. If Casboult is good to go, I'd expect him to come back just because he offers something of a point of difference.

OUT: Ainsworth (susp), Weller, Day
IN: Sharp, Lemmens, Casboult

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still can’t believe we are a chance to be sitting with a positive W-L after the bye in a season. Crazy times.

For changes
Weller > Lemmens
Ainsworth > Sharp
Day > Casboult
Davies > Bowes

Davies was actually much better with a bit more time in the centre. But Bowes is ready to go and I think Davies may have been keeping his spot warm for him for now, but that’s just IMO.

Tough to break into the team when you’re putting up back to back 60+ point wins.

First game back at Metricon in five weeks.

Who comes in and who goes out?

I presume Weller will be unavailable for this one so I'd be very tempted to put Bowes straight in to replace him on the half back line.

I'd certainly bring Casboult back, most likely at the expense of Day.

Will Luko be available?

Our VFL team plays tomorrow before another bye next week so we should have a better understanding of the options tomorrow.

Your thoughts?
I’m going to miss this game as I’m away but damn I wish I was going. The feeling at the Freo game was awesome and I fully expect some bandwagoners to jump on board

Those of you going, I’m jealous

Still can’t believe we are a chance to be sitting with a positive W-L after the bye in a season. Crazy times.

For changes
Weller > Lemmens
Ainsworth > Sharp
Day > Casboult
Davies > Bowes

Davies was actually much better with a bit more time in the centre. But Bowes is ready to go and I think Davies may have been keeping his spot warm for him for now, but that’s just IMO.

Tough to break into the team when you’re putting up back to back 60+ point wins.
While old Caleb is holding that that oh so important crucial 3rd tall role - and doing it better than expected, I'd see Lemmens being unable to break in for the moment. Sharp on the wing replacing Weller, Casboult back if fit, Hollands for Ainsworth but only if he is suspended and Bowes as Sub. This is also assuming Luko still out thru injury. Been a long time we could cover these sort of injuries and STILL have guys pushing to get in! Good times, at least for now.

One of the few that I'll be there for, feel like I need to make the effort and hoping the crowd reflects the same

Regardless of team - this is a Must.Not.Lose.Game.

A loss undoes all the good work to date.

If we want finals - we win this and win it well.

The crows are no push-overs.

Laird, Keays Crouch and Hately are a very good mid group.
Taylor Walker has turned back the clock, and Fogarty got another 3 vs Eagles - 6 in the last 2 games.
Dawson has been a super pick-up down back.

The weakness for the crows seems to be their transitional speed - they are a slow side.
That's where we win - pace across the centre
I'd like to see Markov and Rankine play lots of centre time, and keep Ellis and Sharpe on the wings and keep pushing up and back.

This will be a 4 quarter game - when the Crows get a head of steam up - they come hard. We must be ready.

Danger game. A hesitant 6 - 10 point victory.

Not confident tbh.

I think we will get a decent crowd to this one. Just had a mate ask about getting tickets who hasn't been for a few years and is getting more interested now that we are a finals chance and is fed up with NRL/Titans. Yes I know he's a bandwagonner but hopefully put on a good show to convince these more casual fans to stick around. It's an important step in growing a loyal fanbase.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back