Round 15 Trades (AFL Fantasy)

Remove this Banner Ad

C.Cameron -> Kersten
Zorko -> Harvey

Leaves me with $40k.

Shame to lose so much money on Zorko...would have kept him as an emergency if I could.

Still zero cover in defence. Need to fix that up next round. Still have Langford and Bews back there.

When do the new positional changes come in? Hoping someone handy to pick up defender dpp.

Cant imagine Ben Brown having very good job security? He'd be handy as a R/F with Martin.

Last edited:

Yeah. Any news on that? I'm assuming he will play.

Could be costly if he doesn't. Will reassess when we know more.

Think he will miss this week with a bleed in his shin apparently. Shame.. its made me wet seeing him playing pure midfield last few weeks. Most consistent defender this year.

Yeah I love Hibbo more than words can say. Might have to go to Bartel or something.

The only solid news I've heard is from Bomber Thompson right after their win. He said Hibbo would probably miss Geelong but don't see how he had enough information to call that...unless he was due for a rest anyway.

Dropped like 150 places.... orbitted out of top 30. FMAFDT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zorko, Dalhaus, MONTAGNA, Simpson, Hanley etc. etc. etc. x 10 million. Team fking useless. I swear all my trades have just made my team worse.

Only positive was I brought in Martin last week and had to use his score because of Chapman being rested. Otherwise entire team was crap. I guess that means I technically have 23 premiums....... just can't score properly.

Had a total of 108 points from Langdon, Shaw, Simpson and Zorko last week. Would like to replace Dangerfield with Westhoff who is back to getting +100 scores. However I will have to wait and see if Shaw and Langdon are out long-term. If they are I can go for Hibberd , haven't thought about who else yet.
Dangerfield is just waiting for someone to trade him out so he can make them pay with a big 150 score. Are you sure you want to be that guy? :p

Dangerfield is just waiting for someone to trade him out so he can make them pay with a big 150 score. Are you sure you want to be that guy? :p

Can't at the moment anyway as Shaw is LTI and I don't have an acceptable defensive sub so I need to do something there. And with Dangerfield my team is bleeding value as his BE goes up every week. Whereas Schulz and Westhoff with their last 3 weeks scores have minimal BE scores, Schulz's is -3.

Anyway, I'm a Port supporter and whereas the media in this state is falling over themselves to extol the virtues of Dangerfield, the truth is he's playing through an injury and will be on 60-90 scores for the near future. I just feel that enduring 5 weeks of sourdough bread for the slim chance of a cream bun isn't worth it.

Last edited:
Can't at the moment anyway as Shaw is LTI and I don't have an acceptable defensive sub so I need to do something there. And with Dangerfield my team is bleeding value as his BE goes up every week. Whereas Schulz and Westhoff with their last 3 weeks scores have minimal BE scores, Schulz's is -3.

Anyway, I'm a Port supporter and whereas the media in this state is falling over themselves to extol the virtues of Dangerfield, the truth is he's playing through an injury and will be on 60-90 scores for the near future. I just feel that enduring 5 weeks of sourdough bread for the slim chance of a cream bun isn't worth it.

I bet you he goes 120+ either this week or next.

With the teams named and hibberd in, I am tossing up between 2 trades:

Tex & Langford > Kersten (F7) & Boomer
Bird & Langdon > S.Martin & Boomer (Tex F7)

The first trade gives me way more cash for next week (~25k) and Bird has an easy run coming up. The second trade gets me 2 inform players but not sure if I missed the boat with S.Martin as he will be the 2nd ruck soon.... Not sure. Thoughts?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They're going to need to drastically cut back on the number of trades in this game next year.

It's quite ridiculous that everyone has a team of all premos and 20+ trades at this point of the year.

You have 20+ trades?????? I dont.

You have 20+ trades?????? I dont.

In AFL Fantasy, before making my trades for this week, I have 22 trades, and I don't really know what to do with them. My team is pretty much all "premiums". I can only really try to ensure I have the highest averaging players for every position at this point, but there's a worry there that if I trade out a good player because of a couple of down weeks, they'll start smashing them out, while someone I trade in could drop off in form. When I've played DT in the past, the goal was always to just get a team of all premiums and then have enough trades left over in the back end of the season to cover injuries/suspensions going into DT finals. Now, it's round 15, that goal is accomplished, and I have 22 trades to play with.

Though exact trade numbers might differ a bit, I assume it's pretty much the same for everyone else; a team full of premiums and a heap of trades remaining.

In AFL Fantasy, before making my trades for this week, I have 22 trades

I had 18 before this week. now 16 :(

I have a full team of premo's. with a lot of cash on the pine. different challenges though in this type of game. you cant have the exact team as the guy next to you. even though the temptation is there. you need to take risks with PODs

Zorko down to S.Martin?
or
Zorko up to B.Harvey?

In AFL Fantasy, before making my trades for this week, I have 22 trades, and I don't really know what to do with them. My team is pretty much all "premiums". I can only really try to ensure I have the highest averaging players for every position at this point, but there's a worry there that if I trade out a good player because of a couple of down weeks, they'll start smashing them out, while someone I trade in could drop off in form. When I've played DT in the past, the goal was always to just get a team of all premiums and then have enough trades left over in the back end of the season to cover injuries/suspensions going into DT finals. Now, it's round 15, that goal is accomplished, and I have 22 trades to play with.

Though exact trade numbers might differ a bit, I assume it's pretty much the same for everyone else; a team full of premiums and a heap of trades remaining.

You can't have 22 trades left. It's 2 trades a week use em or lose em so everyone has 18 before this week and 16 next week. Please show a screenshot to prove me wrong.

You can't have 22 trades left. It's 2 trades a week use em or lose em so everyone has 18 before this week and 16 next week. Please show a screenshot to prove me wrong.

I have since made a trade.

3O90GJh.jpg

Anyway, you're wrong. You don't lose the trades regardless of if you use them or not; like previous instances of DT, they remain if you don't use them. Of course, considering you have enough trades to make two every week, there's no reason not to use that allotment each week, and saving them achieves absolutely nothing.

3O90GJh.jpg

One thing I would say regarding trades, it is still quite tough as you get a big discrepancies in good verse bad trading, rage trading and not having the same team as everyone else so you can make up ground. One thing I would say, without seeing your team is I have a much more valuable team then you: REMAINING SALARY: $24,804 > TEAM VALUE $13,196,975 (That means I pretty much have 2 extra premo's over you with trading over the year)

3O90GJh.jpg

Anyway, you're wrong. You don't lose the trades regardless of if you use them or not; like previous instances of DT, they remain if you don't use them.

Nah. I'm absolutely correct here.

While the number of trades left may remain the same on your page, that actual number of trades you have left decreases by 2 each week whether you use them or not.

You have a maximum of 16 trades after this week just like everyone else.
Only difference is at the end of the year it will show you as having 4 trades (if you trade every week from now).... 4 trades you can't use.

I'm confused because it seems you already understand that you can't actually "save" trades

There's no reason not to use that allotment each week, and saving them achieves absolutely nothing.

Then why did you came out and say

I have 22 trades to play with.

when you know that you really don't?

Last edited:
I currently have done:

Zorko -> Miles (still has some cash and will be better bench cover than Langdon)
Montagna -> Rockliff (he's not going to get any cheaper :()

Remove this Banner Ad

Back