Preview Round 16 - Friday night lights Swans v Cats, Season defining game SCG, 7:50pm 30th June

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep me too. I'd also just play Tmac

But what do we know
Yeah, he had talls in the reserves and refused to play them last time. Took Mills from mids, played him on Hawkins. That was always going to work lol.

I think he has made a terrible selection mistake yet again. Horse gets it wrong mostly at the selection table. His in game coaching is pretty good. Except when he runs out if ideas, like in Grand Finals. Mind you he killed himself at the selection tables there too.

If T Mmac is fit he should play. He can get concussed just as easily in the reserves.

On CPH2471 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I agree it's something that he would 100% do.

With mccartin out again, it seems horse is more cautions with injuries during home and away games than he is grand finals
In Grand Finals he always makes bad calls at selection. It is a good thing we had a healthy list in 2012 or he would have played an injured player and we would have lost

In Grand Finals he always makes bad calls at selection. It is a good thing we had a healthy list in 2012 or he would have played an injured player and we would have lost

Fairly revisionist considering we played 3 injured players in the GF in 12.

Fairly revisionist considering we played 3 injured players in the GF in 12.
Commented this a while back. No one cares about the selection of injured or underdone players if they win the flag.

Even the Master Coach Clarkson did it with Rioli.

The way they worded it is weird. "Calf tightness" didn't sound like a big deal, but a "tear" sounds like a few weeks out at least. And just when it sounded like we were finally over the injury curse. So disappointing.

I have no idea what they're doing with McCartin. Surely if he's fit, he plays? It doesn't make any sense to me.
This is precautionary. A tightness is a precursor to a more complex problem. So, to rest him is a very good idea as he could strain or pull a calf muscle and that would set him back 3-6. Better safe than sorry.

Calling it now. Fox to take Florent's place in the back-line. Florent to take Warner's place in the mids.

(Hope I'm wrong - would rather have Mills in there.)
Fox for Florent back.
Florent for Warner on the outside.
Hayward replaces Clarke.
Mills on the inside takes minutes from others, spending less time forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, he had talls in the reserves and refused to play them last time. Took Mills from mids, played him on Hawkins. That was always going to work lol.

I think he has made a terrible selection mistake yet again. Horse gets it wrong mostly at the selection table. His in game coaching is pretty good. Except when he runs out if ideas, like in Grand Finals. Mind you he killed himself at the selection tables there too.

If T Mmac is fit he should play. He can get concussed just as easily in the reserves.

yep if he is playing footy on the weekend should be seniors

Hayward should be the down the line marking target on our quicker breaks IMHO. If he can clunk a few 70m out then I like Logan and Joel's chances in the 50.

McLean the target if we have to go slower

he is a strong mark, could work

Mills played infinitely better on Hawkins than Gould did.

If McCartin is fit, of course he would play. What evidence do you have that suggests he is being protected from concussion? He’s best 22. He plays if he is up to it.

Mills missed a month or so with a calf injury. Warner won’t be back next week.
Calf tightness is a precursor to further injury. If you catch it early like this, you can prevent further damage. Therefore, limiting time out. Peter Marker, the ex Glenelg captain, used to get bad tightening in the calf muscles. He was suffering over a period of games and it is a wonder he didn't pull a muscle. But he, or the physio, was telling a dance teacher about the problem one day and she suggested some dance exercises that fixed the problem. The footy club paid for her to come and do loosening up exercises which made them more supple.

The modern. Aerobics programs are full of those exercises. You see dancers have the fittest and most flexible bodies in the world

When’s the last time we had a late strategic/funny buggers in. If McCartin was fit enough he’d be in the 22. Florent is not replacing Warner either. Fanciful. He’s played bugger all mids anll year and has likely not trained there either. Mills, Parker, Gulden, Papley, Rowbottom will share centre bounces.

Hayward will get zero stats but will play on Stewart.
5 is not enough in the mids. If you do that you will get flogged in the last when all our mids are walking not running

Bring the pressure and effort from last week and most of the lions game and we have a shot.

Cats have been in and out of games, and not as good away from home this year

They are beatable

If McCartin is fit, of course he would play. What evidence do you have that suggests he is being protected from concussion? He’s best 22. He plays if he is up to it.
He played 3 quarters against VFL oppo. Probably not quite there yet to match it with Hawkins.

I didn't say he was being protected from concussion. I just made the comment you can get concussion just as easily in the reserves so why play a fit player in the reserves as he is best 22? It doesn't make sense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back