Unofficial Preview Round 16 vs Fremantle - The Purple Pizza - Opposition Supporters Welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

(This is a sequel to last year's Unofficial Preview, at http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threa...thread-opposition-supporters-welcome.1025277/)

A friend had suggested that, with the Fremantle week, we go and try something new. His suggestion was the 'Purple Haze' pizza at the Mad Moose in Yarraville.

With only a slightly better result last year as Hawthorn stopped the domination of the Purple-and-Silver on Grand Final day, I felt better about this year's game. Undaunted, I trekked long and hard to the other side of the Yarra to try this pizza he was banging on about.

Wander in. My buddy already has a table. He waves me over and we order two "Purple Haze" pizzas.

"Are you here for the special?" asks the waitress.

"...what's the special?" I enquire, suddenly nervous.

"Well, with each Purple Haze pizza this week, you also get, for free, one badly-damaged BMW driven by a mate of Colin Sylvia!"

"...a WHAT?" I thunder as I look at my mate, who laughs as he gets up and leaves.

"Yup. The great man himself is in town, and in his honour we're trying to get rid of some of our garbage too."

I sigh. At least she's not Hayden Ballantyne. "Fine. Do I have to get the Beamer now, or can I pick it up later?"

"Later is fine. Be aware though, after awhile the engine starts to sulk and needs to be driven a long way away if it's got any chance of returning to normal." She hands me the key.

I muck around on my phone while waiting for the pizza. All of a sudden, the restaurant goes quiet, followed by intense muttering among the other tables.

Colin Sylvia is at the door. He nods in my direction.

s**t.

As he walks through, he grabs two Crownies straight off other tables and proceeds to down them. He smashes through them, then thuds down on the chair next to me before pulling out another beer from his pocket.

An Abita Purple Haze.

"H...hi Col. How's Ross and the west treating you?"

"It's a ripper, Striker. I can get boozed at midday on a Sunday! And it's normal! I can punch blokes in the WAFL and I'm doing the community a favour! And what's more, they've got this great beer. Wanna try some?"

"Nah, I'm good. Say, you didn't bring anyone else over with you?"

"Don't you know Striker? We're playing in the Top End this week. The Big D. The humungous pe-"

"Really? Well, that's good. And why aren't you up there Col?"

"I've got a much more...important job. Ross and the boys wanted me to bring this to you. Told me you would be here for sure."

"Bring what?"

Suddenly, the waitress comes over with the pizza. "One Purple Haze. Enjoy!" Oddly though, there was something on the middle of it.

A Polaroid picture. Of two gentlemen kissing.

Goddammit.

Freo by 26.

(This is a sequel to last year's Unofficial Preview, at http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threa...thread-opposition-supporters-welcome.1025277/)

A friend had suggested that, with the Fremantle week, we go and try something new. His suggestion was the 'Purple Haze' pizza at the Mad Moose in Yarraville.

With only a slightly better result last year as Hawthorn stopped the domination of the Purple-and-Silver on Grand Final day, I felt better about this year's game. Undaunted, I trekked long and hard to the other side of the Yarra to try this pizza he was banging on about.

Wander in. My buddy already has a table. He waves me over and we order two "Purple Haze" pizzas.

"Are you here for the special?" asks the waitress.

"...what's the special?" I enquire, suddenly nervous.

"Well, with each Purple Haze pizza this week, you also get, for free, one badly-damaged BMW driven by a mate of Colin Sylvia!"

"...a WHAT?" I thunder as I look at my mate, who laughs as he gets up and leaves.

"Yup. The great man himself is in town, and in his honour we're trying to get rid of some of our garbage too."

I sigh. At least she's not Hayden Ballantyne. "Fine. Do I have to get the Beamer now, or can I pick it up later?"

"Later is fine. Be aware though, after awhile the engine starts to sulk and needs to be driven a long way away if it's got any chance of returning to normal." She hands me the key.

I muck around on my phone while waiting for the pizza. All of a sudden, the restaurant goes quiet, followed by intense muttering among the other tables.

Colin Sylvia is at the door. He nods in my direction.

s**t.

As he walks through, he grabs two Crownies straight off other tables and proceeds to down them. He smashes through them, then thuds down on the chair next to me before pulling out another beer from his pocket.

An Abita Purple Haze.

"H...hi Col. How's Ross and the west treating you?"

"It's a ripper, Striker. I can get boozed at midday on a Sunday! And it's normal! I can punch blokes in the WAFL and I'm doing the community a favour! And what's more, they've got this great beer. Wanna try some?"

"Nah, I'm good. Say, you didn't bring anyone else over with you?"

"Don't you know Striker? We're playing in the Top End this week. The Big D. The humungous pe-"

"Really? Well, that's good. And why aren't you up there Col?"

"I've got a much more...important job. Ross and the boys wanted me to bring this to you. Told me you would be here for sure."

"Bring what?"

Suddenly, the waitress comes over with the pizza. "One Purple Haze. Enjoy!" Oddly though, there was something on the middle of it.

A Polaroid picture. Of two gentlemen kissing.

Goddammit.

Freo by 26.

I'm sure that was good but the references went waaay over my head....notwithstanding the second post of this thread.

So what are we expecting from the two most defensive coaches in the league in top end heat? A Nil all draw?

They're mostly Sylvia-related jabs.

Although there's another ex-Demon thrown in there for good measure.

I'm sure that was good but the references went waaay over my head....notwithstanding the second post of this thread.

So what are we expecting from the two most defensive coaches in the league in top end heat? A Nil all draw?

Im hoping we can counter attack and then Jeremy Howe to fall over Sandis outstretched leg in the 90th minute to earn a penalty

Great writing in the OP. Most of the jokes over my head but its still funny.
Curious to know what you blokes think of Col and if you reckon he's going to go any good on Saturday.
He is certainly doing his best Matt De Boer impersonation since coming into the side. Tackling anything that comes near him and running his guts out.
Roos certainly has your mob playing a harder brand and this game is no gimmee for Freo.
Looking forward to it.

Great writing in the OP. Most of the jokes over my head but its still funny.
Curious to know what you blokes think of Col and if you reckon he's going to go any good on Saturday.
He is certainly doing his best Matt De Boer impersonation since coming into the side. Tackling anything that comes near him and running his guts out.
Roos certainly has your mob playing a harder brand and this game is no gimmee for Freo.
Looking forward to it.

Colin Sylvia is the Ultimate 'Pick My Own Moments' to shine player
He very much would do nothing for weeks on end then destroy Richmond
For this reason im expecting him to get 3 brownlow votes and then back it up the week after by getting 4 touches and clubbing someone

Anyway, been impressed with what Roos has brought to the table at Melbourne this year, even though there seems to be a bunch of fossils on the main board who think it's a better quality game when a team loses 180-80 rather than 62-60.

I had to write a blog for work this week on the 8 Archetypes of Leadership and I used Roos as my example of the 'change-catalyst'.

I was tempted to use Ross Lyon as the example for the other 7 but I don't think that would have made it past my boss's edit.

Anyway, been impressed with what Roos has brought to the table at Melbourne this year, even though there seems to be a bunch of fossils on the main board who think it's a better quality game when a team loses 180-80 rather than 62-60.

I had to write a blog for work this week on the 8 Archetypes of Leadership and I used Roos as my example of the 'change-catalyst'.

I was tempted to use Ross Lyon as the example for the other 7 but I don't think that would have made it past my boss's edit.

A few? Seems like two thirds of the MB.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably not, but you'll need to bring some of your earlier season form. Ross was unhappy with the boys' effort against the Weagles and he's still cranky!
Think it's fair to say Roosy was nothing short of appalled with how we played on the weekend. Probably the closest I've ever seen him to being angry.

Freo looking to put in decent performance to encourage young Hogan to continue deferring Dees contract talks (btw, wasn't there an Age article 2 weeks ago saying he was on the verge of recommitting for another 2 years?). Attaboy Jess! He'll be following Frawley across the Nullarbor!

Freo looking to put in decent performance to encourage young Hogan to continue deferring Dees contract talks (btw, wasn't there an Age article 2 weeks ago saying he was on the verge of recommitting for another 2 years?). Attaboy Jess! He'll be following Frawley across the Nullarbor!
Well i was going to say how nice it was to put up an unofficial preview without having numpty supporters chiming in and whinging a la Norf fans.
Then this muppet:p Hogan's not going anywhere, and when (if) Frawley goes to Freo, Hogan is going to go Buddy Franklin on him and kick 13 straight and keep Chip to a single touch... that he will get while Hulk's off the ground... Eating... Cause he's a monster

The last time Freo played in Darwin, there was a pub "incident" involving a polictian & Chris Tarrant whilst Mark Harvey ended up getting king hit. Safe to say Darwinistan isn't kind to Freo'.

I'm fairly certain it's the first time the club has been invited back to playing TIO since.

There was also a mankini streaker....

5streaker.jpg

I bet you that he was screaming "If this streak not be success I be execute"

I love the fact the crowd protected him and tossed him clothing after his run and he got away.

Maybe we should nominate one Freo and one Dee's supporter to run the gauntlet if you if will, in a team coloured mankini, and see if they can dodge what passes for law enforcement up in Darwinistan.

Our mids looked like they were starting to tire last week, and ideally we would have the depth to rotate a weeks rest through the group.

But we don't have the depth, and with a few injuries and suspensions starting to creep in, I'm expecting that to really start to show from here.

Freo are not a good midfield for us to meet this week. I'm tipping our first big loss since round 2.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back