Unofficial Preview Round 16 vs Fremantle - The Purple Pizza - Opposition Supporters Welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

I love the fact the crowd protected him and tossed him clothing after his run and he got away.

Maybe we should nominate one Freo and one Dee's supporter to run the gauntlet if you if will, in a team coloured mankini, and see if they can dodge what passes for law enforcement up in Darwinistan.

I nominate nickgrant from our side.

Think it's fair to say Roosy was nothing short of appalled with how we played on the weekend. Probably the closest I've ever seen him to being angry.

I reckon it's because during the final 2 and a half quarters we had the game mostly on our terms, so he was super peeved that one, we gave them a 5 goal headstart, and two, despite this we were the better team for more of the match and still lost.

I really enjoy weeks where we don't play teams whose supporters are idiots i.e. Bulldogs, North, Essendon. It's been a while.

Do Bulldogs supporters have a bad rep on here?

I've always found them to be one of the best supporter groups on prematch banter threads.

Not sure weather to feel insulted or proub of all this Darwin bashing... Was born in the NT raised in the NT and only recently left.

On a side note I know the streaker from the origin last year... Few years older than me buti know him pretty well

I've always found them to be one of the best supporter groups on prematch banter threads.
Maybe I'm letting my impression of a few cloud my judgment. MoC, etc. Their supporters at games certainly don't improve things...

I reckon it's because during the final 2 and a half quarters we had the game mostly on our terms, so he was super peeved that one, we gave them a 5 goal headstart, and two, despite this we were the better team for more of the match and still lost.
We played like absolute garbage on the weekend though even when we were on top, I'm almost glad we didn't win.

Maybe I'm letting my impression of a few cloud my judgment. MoC, etc. Their supporters at games certainly don't improve things...
Still better than Norf

Great writing in the OP. Most of the jokes over my head but its still funny.
Curious to know what you blokes think of Col and if you reckon he's going to go any good on Saturday.
He is certainly doing his best Matt De Boer impersonation since coming into the side. Tackling anything that comes near him and running his guts out.
Roos certainly has your mob playing a harder brand and this game is no gimmee for Freo.
Looking forward to it.

Not sure weather to feel insulted or proub of all this Darwin bashing... Was born in the NT raised in the NT and only recently left.

On a side note I know the streaker from the origin last year... Few years older than me buti know him pretty well
This the bloke?
iu

I really enjoy weeks where we don't play teams whose supporters are idiots i.e. Bulldogs, North, Essendon. It's been a while.
I just came in here to read the unofficial preview and have a good time and I'm honestly feeling so attacked right now.

I just came in here to read the unofficial preview and have a good time and I'm honestly feeling so attacked right now.
Hahaha you have to learn not to take anything said in the Unofficial Preview threads seriously mate. I rarely mean any of it. Apologies for any offence taken! Most of my best mates go for Essendon and I barracked for them until I was 5ish so I enjoy getting stuck in ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ditto really.

Still better than Norf

BF wise... I agree with this. They have some good posters on their boards, but a higher d*ckhead quota than just about any other team board I've encountered.

Could be the hate they have for Lyon, and the fact his teams have reamed them for so long (up until earlier this year unfortunately), but they have a few genuine kn0bs on there that're hard to chat with civilly.

As for the game, everything points to it being an arm wrestle, and a very contested defensive game. The team styles, and atmospheric conditions... will still be warm at night, and could end up dewy if it's anything like Brissie night games.

Even if it doesn't rain it could end up a contested struggle with a lot of kicking for territory as in the wet weather game against Brissie.

I reckon it'll be pretty competitive for the first half, and then Freo will start to pull away as the physical toll (impacts, and running requirements) accumulates for the younger Demon mids.

Well i was going to say how nice it was to put up an unofficial preview without having numpty supporters chiming in and whinging a la Norf fans.
Then this muppet:p Hogan's not going anywhere, and when (if) Frawley goes to Freo, Hogan is going to go Buddy Franklin on him and kick 13 straight and keep Chip to a single touch... that he will get while Hulk's off the ground... Eating... Cause he's a monster

That scenario may actually happen. With us winning by 26 of course.

Will be interesting to see a young midfield against a mature midfield and see how the 2 master coaches try and wrangle an advantage there. Dockers should win that battle comfortably but have not been in top form.

There's that ManofClay guy who is obsessed with Melbourne, not sure if you've ever noticed his main board work, only takes one really bad bitter opposition troll to tarnish an entire supporter base. That guy is nuts though.

BF wise... I agree with this. They have some good posters on their boards, but a higher d*ckhead quota than just about any other team board I've encountered.

Could be the hate they have for Lyon, and the fact his teams have reamed them for so long (up until earlier this year unfortunately), but they have a few genuine kn0bs on there that're hard to chat with civilly.

Norf it's an at-the-game thing too. The umpires were horrendous at the Dees-Norf game and huge numbers of Dees supporters were laying into them (and rightly so may I add). Two separate groups of Norf supporters turn around and start laying into the Dees supporters for laying into the umpires, calling them a pack of idiots and saying they should learn to watch football.

Third time I've seen it happen with Norf supporters, too.

There's that ManofClay guy who is obsessed with Melbourne, not sure if you've ever noticed his main board work, only takes one really bad bitter opposition troll to tarnish an entire supporter base. That guy is nuts though.

He's really the only one that justifies the tag. The rest I don't think anyone has a problem with.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back