Unofficial Preview Round 16 vs St Kilda @ Adelaide Oval 7/7/18

Remove this Banner Ad

Former Ports premiership player Peter Mead umpired our games for about 20 years after he stopped playing - including all of our winning grand finals in the late 70s/early 80s. He was probably the best umpire of his era and I never heard any suggestion that he shouldn't be doing Port games.

Having ex players taking up umpiring is a good thing and despite our experience with the ex carlton tosser - there should be no restrictions on who they umpire against, given they are competent enough. And if they're not competent enough to be given games involving their former team, they're not competent enough to be umpiring at all.

could Dixon be rested this week. Play Hoff deep with Marshall and Watts coming in?
Dixon is fit and needs a game where he can get a bag of goals, could be a good opportunity.

could Dixon be rested this week. Play Hoff deep with Marshall and Watts coming in?

I would be yes, slippy ball, more nimble tall forward too and Ryder can rest Forward also

confirmed on the St. Kilda website

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2018-07-05/injury-blow-for-key-saints

St Kilda talls Jake Carlisle and Josh Bruce have been ruled out of this weekend’s clash with Port Adelaide through injury.

Set to return to the senior side after recovering from a back injury, Bruce suffered a fractured fibula after colliding with a teammate in a marking contest at training.

The injury is likely to keep him sidelined for the remainder of the season.

Carlisle will miss the clash with Port Adelaide due to a complication in the treatment of a rib injury, which had him in doubt for this Saturday’s clash.

During treatment of the injury prior to training on Thursday he, unfortunately, sustained a minor puncture to his lung.

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2018-07-05/injury-blow-for-key-saints

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How do we know that Fisher has a conflict of interest? Perhaps he takes his job seriously and has integrity? I'd love more former players to be umpires. They would have the best feel for the game

The perception of a conflict is enough in most professional organisations to remove a person from a position where that conflict can materialise.

We loved him when he was our assistant for one year before you poached him very late.
Yeah he cops a lot and is more of a ‘players’ coach than a tactician just needs some higher quality assistants. IMO.

Ps. No Carlisle FML we can’t catch a break this year. Hope the rain stays around for the game!!!

i wouldnt.. resting players is a sign of complacency

Nooooo, this attitude is all wrong.
Resting players who are injury prone or will benefit from the break is the whole point of a strong squad.

Look how the Crows ran their players into the ground and had horrendous back up because of it.

I think the Saints were around $6.00 this morning :oops:

b0ee27f5-5f1b-45e3-9e46-4f8fe5d3e731.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back