Round 17 FANTASY

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks for the reply.

With both Ablett & Rocky out, possibly Beams & Selwood out and only one average bench cover player, my mid isn't in good shape. At least he has 3 of them as well but he has 2 bench covers. I'll see who's named and decide what to do on Friday :)

Probably trade Jelwood before Breust then as i reckon he's likely to be a late out either this week or next. Frankly, he sucks this year anyway and i regret picking him up.

How much cash you got banked? I'm in a similar posistion to you with those same 4 mids with 60k in the bank. My plan of attack is to trade Jelwood for my boy Ellis (finally) this week and go Ablett to Stevie J leaving me with a bit over 100k for next week. Suckers like the bad smell he is clings onto his spot for 1 more week (Jaensch for you) until Mitchell can be bought next week at around 430k. That leves plenty for me to get rid of Swan to whoever I want next week, most likely Priddis.

Probably trade Jelwood before Breust then as i reckon he's likely to be a late out either this week or next. Frankly, he sucks this year anyway and i regret picking him up.

How much cash you got banked? I'm in a similar posistion to you with those same 4 mids with 60k in the bank. My plan of attack is to trade Jelwood for my boy Ellis (finally) this week and go Ablett to Stevie J leaving me with a bit over 100k for next week. Suckers like the bad smell he is clings onto his spot for 1 more week (Jaensch for you) until Mitchell can be bought next week at around 430k. That leves plenty for me to get rid of Swan to whoever I want next week, most likely Priddis.
I've got $217k sitting there from a downgrade (Shenton -> Honeychurch) last week. Sounds like a good plan there.

Sorry about the Beams comment, I had just heard he missed training and the funeral info didn't come through until late arvo.

So my midfield is screwed this week.

Ablett, Goddard, Rockliff and Treloar all confirmed outs for this week.

Completely stuck as to what to do now to avoid a zero.

Is Treloar just for one week? Worth trading? Opponent has Rockliff out too but surely he wont trade him out for one week.

Actually still tossing up whether to Upgrade Jelwood or Suckers this week. They both need to go this week and next.

Do you guys think the points gap between Suckling and Hanley will be more than Jelwood and Ellis this week? That's what it comes down to.

I'm predicting a 30 point gap in both
Suckling 75 > Hanley 105
Jelwood 90 > Ellis 120

So it's a 50/50 which one turns out better for mine. Which one would you go?

Actually still tossing up whether to Upgrade Jelwood or Suckers this week. They both need to go this week and next.

Do you guys think the points gap between Suckling and Hanley will be more than Jelwood and Ellis this week? That's what it comes down to.

Suckling 75 > Hanley 105
Jelwood 90 > Ellis 120

Trade suckers.

Suckling 75 > Hanley 105
Jelwood 90 > Ellis 120

This week: Jelwood > Ellis (Low Break Even this week)
Next week: Suckling > Mitchell (High Break Even this week). This is what I am doing next week anyway (If Mitchell fails though, Hanley/Kelly/Hodge will be on my radar)

This will make you more money in my opinion and get you unique players.

Last edited:
THIS IS MY F*CKING START TO THE CARNAGE.

DEAR ESSENDON MEDICAL STAFF, F*CK YOU

DEAR MATTHEW SUCKLING PULL YOUR F*CKING HEAD IN AND GET A GOOD SCORE IN PLACE OF HIBBERD

DEAR MRP, F*CK Y'ALL FOR SUSPENDING ROCKY

DEAR MY AFL FANTASY SIDE. GOOD F*CKING LUCK.

THIS IS MY F*CKING START TO THE CARNAGE.

DEAR ESSENDON MEDICAL STAFF, F*CK YOU

DEAR MATTHEW SUCKLING PULL YOUR F*CKING HEAD IN AND GET A GOOD SCORE IN PLACE OF HIBBERD

DEAR MRP, F*CK Y'ALL FOR SUSPENDING ROCKY

DEAR MY AFL FANTASY SIDE. GOOD F*CKING LUCK.

how many out?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Playing Claye Beams and Zorko (clingy little s**t, I said I'd get rid of you two weeks ago) in the middle this week. Next week him and Ellis (more than a cash cow now, 80 something and 97 in the last two weeks) are out. On the positive, got in Mitch Duncan and Priddis this week for Ablett and Treloar ( :( ).

While I don't have Treloar, I do have Ward who is now surely going to be Crowleyed to 20... @$#@$#!! Would trade him but with Gaz and Goddard out...

Playing Claye Beams and Zorko (clingy little s**t, I said I'd get rid of you two weeks ago) in the middle this week. Next week him and Ellis (more than a cash cow now, 80 something and 97 in the last two weeks) are out. On the positive, got in Mitch Duncan and Priddis this week for Ablett and Treloar ( :( ).

You came off lucky. For me with treloar, gablett, rocky & hibberd (4 f'n premo's) out I am going into my rookie stocks.

Lucky with my trading history I have langdon & miles playing with (shenton/kerston reserves in the mid/forward)...... plus suckling and danger having to start.

I guess not the worst but who else has 4 premo's out this week?

You came off lucky. For me with treloar, gablett, rocky & hibberd (4 f'n premo's) out I am going into my rookie stocks.

Lucky with my trading history I have langdon & miles playing with (shenton/kerston reserves in the mid/forward)...... plus suckling and danger having to start.

I guess not the worst but who else has 4 premo's out this week?

That's just plain unlucky. But lucky you have Miles, I missed the boat big time with him. Langdon I traded out too early. It's gonna be a tough weekend!

option a- trade ablett for one of priddis/barlow/kennedy
trade suckling for mitchell
meaning ill have to keep tex for another week or two worried about there being a late out in the rucks and have no cover atm i have martin there

option b- trade ablett
trade walker to duncan
i like this but if it wont give me enough money to swap swan to rocky next week even with a downgrade

option c- trade ablett
walker to ben brown and swap him and martin around so he becomes my f6
gives me $300 000

sorry for everyone that has goddard rocky and treloar in the same team

So I bought in Hibberd 3 weeks ago - he played one game, scored poorly, and now has been out for two weeks. I'm trading NDS into my backline this week, and it was going to be for Suckling, but that means copping a 0 for Hibberd.

It's a waste to trade him out really, but at least I'd have a full backline - any ideas on what to do?

Still unsure... These are the three ideas in my head.

Option 1
Ablett -> SJ
Georgio -> Hanley
Jaensch as bench cover for now.
No mid cover if Selwood out. Although I feel they'd be more likely to rest him against GWS so he gets 2 weeks off.

Option 2
Ablett -> SJ
Selwood -> Priddis
No back or mid cover.

Option 3
Ablett -> SJ
Z. O'Brien -> Miles
Honeychurch as mid cover.
No back cover.

[edit - lets add this too]
Option 4
Ablett -> SJ
Breust -> Harvey
No back or mid cover.

YXNDpLQ.jpg

Last edited:
Kinda still want to get rid of Suckling, but Ablett and McGovern are higher priorities now methinks. Currently thinking:

Ablett -> Towers (with Miles on field)
Shenton -> K. Jack Bartell

Thoughts?

EDIT: Actually, which of McGovern and Shenton is a better prospect? Thinking McGovern might be worth holding for one or two more weeks as WC have Brisbane and then Richmond.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back