Game Day Round 17 - Port v Bombers

Remove this Banner Ad

It's been a bad season. There is hardly any posting (I mean how much hand wringing can we do??)

We must win today. I need to erase the vision of how bad Carlton are .. and we lost to them :eek:

Sorry was caught up with a few other discussions. Not lack of enthusiasm.

I think we'll win this one. Port by 30.

We've been better recently, gotta get the job done here. Bombers are useless.

Surely this is a big chance for Lobbe to play himself into some form, he has been slowly improving.

Lose this game and our season is officially dead, even though it's on life support now. You know what I say to that?

Come on, our season died when we lost to Brisbane and Carlton. This is about next year now and who needs to be moved on and who needs to be brought into the team

This season has been tough, but if there's one thing I'd like to get out of it, it's a win over fcuking Essendon! That loss to them at Adelaide Oval was over 12 months ago now, it's been a long time to wait to get revenge for that so I hope to God we get it tonight!

And if we lose I'm not going anywhere near the Essendon board. Made that mistake last year, place of vile filth!

This is exactly the sort of game we've been losing this year. For mine I can't ignore that trend. Bombers by 5.

....However if we are actually switched on and ready to buck the trend we should win by 15-20

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Come on, our season died when we lost to Brisbane and Carlton. This is about next year now and who needs to be moved on and who needs to be brought into the team

Where did this mentality of development not equaling immediate success come from? We can do both you know. You start saying it's about next year, and what's the point of actually playing games? Win every game we can as far as I'm concerned. In 2000, Williams went to the board halfway through the year and said that it was possible to tank our way to picks 1 and 2. The board said 'No, we're ****ing Port Adelaide, you win as many games as you can.' We end up with a flag 4 years later, and St.Kilda who finished last ended up with picks 1 and 2 and a big fat zero in terms of premiership success with them.

You play the players that actually deserve to play and don't gift games. Playing for Port Adelaide is a reward in itself that should be cherished.

Wow you know enthusiasm is waning when there's no Game Day thread yet at 10am.

Anyway I had a dream last night that we lost by 98 points. Carry on!

shame we couldn't deliver the ton

I just hope its a good game but very disappointed we aren't rolling our Plamer, Harvey or another debutant.

Stop teasing Ken and give us a taste of what will be different in 2016.

What should and I hope will happen is a 10-15 goal win with fast movement and a mark and goal of the year contender.

What will probably happen in this bizzaro world of season 2015 is we kick the first three goals, lead by 2-4 at half time, have a poor third quarter and come back to win by 1-2 goals or lose by under a kick in what is described as the bombers best win of the season.

A win is a win is a win and I will take it by 1 or whatever but it would be nice to enjoy watching us god mode a game.

Anyways c'mon Port!

oh and we lost to Carlton (and beat Hawthorn)

I must admit footy isn't very exciting at the moment. Seeing Wingard AKA the form player of the league is pretty exciting though.

#kickittochad

This is exactly the sort of game we've been losing this year. For mine I can't ignore that trend. Bombers by 5.

....However if we are actually switched on and ready to buck the trend we should win by 15-20
yeah i agree, $3.25 essendon right now.... but i also like port @ $9.50 to win by over 10 goals.....

we should thump them, our best we should win by 15+ goals, our 2015 anything could happen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back