Autopsy Round 18, 2023 : Hawks wallop Roos

Remove this Banner Ad

Took the opportunity to check the game out with the rest of the family jetlagged and asleep ...already knew the score .

Certainly wasnt our best performance but I saw some really good signs

• this was a classic game we would have lost over the pasr 3 seasons .
  • should have won by 80 plus but 48 is nothing to sneeze at . Also did nice restricting their scoring .
  • we belted them, keeping in mind at seasons start most had them better than us .
  • heard North really set themselves for this game so to snuff that out and dominate is another tick
  • persist with DGB forward , looks dangerous and creates space .

I think we will beat Richmond next week .

I do feel for some North supporters they really have gone backwards again
Agree. Not sure about pick 3 as priority but they need something. It’s not fair a team being this bad for this long. Since free agency the draft just isn’t enough of an equalization method. Give them pick 11 and 19 and make them trade them for players. Do feel for them.

I know Kellie Underwoods commentary can improve although which commentator is great...

Have u listened to BT or Darcy these days...both have past there used by dates years ago.

Onto game...agree with others DGB needs to play as second fiddle if we want to beat others bar Norf and Weagles.
BT and Darcy need to be packed off to the glue factory. Football has gone well past them.
Animated GIF

Agree. Not sure about pick 3 as priority but they need something. It’s not fair a team being this bad for this long. Since free agency the draft just isn’t enough of an equalization method. Give them pick 11 and 19 and make them trade them for players. Do feel for them.
Then we trade them scrimshaw for 11….

No doubt they need help. The issue i see with giving them pick 11 & 19 they have to use to trade in players is who the hell would want to go there & what happens to those picks when they can't get a player to agree to join them.

They completely sabotaged their list to ensure they were terrible to give them a better chance of FA compo in the top 5. We cannot increase the incentive for self-sabotage by handing out additional picks for extended poor performance. GC has shown you can ave all the talent in the world but what makes a difference is culture, player development and coaching. Give them additional footy department cap space. Even fund it for all I care. but don't give out picks. They won't help in the short run anyway. Additional coaching and development resources can help from day 1. Picks take 3-7 years to benefit the side (in terms of wins).

Im totally against high priority picks . They have now had 3 drafts at it before this one . Plus Im tipping the Mckay compo will be far higher then his ability warrants.

High priority picks also punish other clubs at the start of their rebuild pushing them down the line due to another clubs failure to get things going.

It says to me coaching/development is the major issue .
I would perhaps give them an early 2nd but look at ways to bolster the above areas at the club .

Edit - just saw Brishawks post and agree. AFL may as well pump $$$ into their coaching area . Give them the leg up there .

You want the AFL to make more rules on the fly to suit these types of clubs. Why? We certainly wouldn't get any assistance I can assure you of that.

Do you think anyone would give a s**t if we were last and self destructed to the point that North have?. And yet Hawthorn was being accused by a North supporting media nuffie that it was tanking. We have been rebuilding in the same period under the same conditions as them and have never once suggested anything about the difficulty of a rebuilding process.

I say, * them. They tell us they are a financially stable club and their supporters continually harp on about how great their talent is. How many more handouts do they need?

You want the AFL to make more rules on the fly to suit these types of clubs. Why? We certainly wouldn't get any assistance I can assure you of that.

Do you think anyone would give a s**t if we were last and self destructed to the point that North have?. And yet Hawthorn was being accused by a North supporting media nuffie that it was tanking. We have been rebuilding in the same period under the same conditions as them and have never once suggested anything about the difficulty of a rebuilding process.

I say, * them. They tell us they are a financially stable club and their supporters continually harp on about how great their talent is. How many more handouts do they need?
Yeah forgot about DB for a minute ......form of tanking 😄

Eh watch them perk up at preseason.

North players magically get better the less games they play.

Still remember them talking about Charlie Comben with 0 games to his name like he's the second coming of Carey.
Has anyone tagged Psicosis into that fun thread yet. 😇

Yeah and I can also see this point of view also.

Darcy is inept.

BT and Darcy need to be packed off to the glue factory. Football has gone well past them.
Animated GIF
BT is funny, but does get the player names wrong - was always going to be tough filling in shoes of Bruce and Dennis. Wheatleys is my fav caller at the moment- he needs to get the 7 job

Some of VFL callers are better than the current 7 crew...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has anyone tagged Psicosis into that fun thread yet. 😇

This time last year I did. Called him out for no showing after the bullshit he spewed all preseason.

Just feels sad to do it now... Was all fun and games last year - there was at least some hope on the horizon for North. Feels like they've gone backwards now.

This time last year I did. Called him out for no showing after the bullshit he spewed all preseason.

Just feels sad to do it now... Was all fun and games last year - there was at least some hope on the horizon for North. Feels like they've gone backwards now.
Ok fine, I’ll do it.

Love Moorey but I think sometimes his decision making can be a bit lacking.
Love him too- but I was hoping for a more consistent season from him.. he seems to have some great games but as a leader you’d like to see him step up more when the team is struggling- been quiet in a few of our losses this season

Don’t feel sorry for them, they don’t want our pity😂

Give it a week if they happen to fall over the line vs WC and it happens to coincide with Clarko return, you will question why you even thought this way

Out they come, out they come,
Out they come to spray,
More vile and delusion,
Before they begin to pray

They completely sabotaged their list to ensure they were terrible to give them a better chance of FA compo in the top 5. We cannot increase the incentive for self-sabotage by handing out additional picks for extended poor performance. GC has shown you can ave all the talent in the world but what makes a difference is culture, player development and coaching. Give them additional footy department cap space. Even fund it for all I care. but don't give out picks. They won't help in the short run anyway. Additional coaching and development resources can help from day 1. Picks take 3-7 years to benefit the side (in terms of wins).
I'm 100% in your camp.

They had assistance with picks last year they should not get more this season. They aren't even last.

It's off field where the help is needed. Problem is they have loaded up on Clarko which I suspect means the team will be skinny as not enough $$ to go around.

There has to be a point where you stop helping them and make them sort their own house out.

North Melbourne v Hawthorn​

10 James Worpel (HAW)
8 Karl Amon (HAW)
6 Jai Newcombe (HAW)
2 Jarman Impey (HAW)
2 Luke McDonald (NMFC)
1 Conor Nash (HAW)
1 Blake Hardwick (HAW)

BT is funny, but does get the player names wrong - was always going to be tough filling in shoes of Bruce and Dennis. Wheatleys is my fav caller at the moment- he needs to get the 7 job

Some of VFL callers are better than the current 7 crew...
It's funny because when BT was only a radio caller (like 20+ years ago) I enjoyed his call. But now that I can see the game he is calling...eeerrgh its bad and getting worse :drunk:

And yeah, the seven commentators are generally bad. The industry needs to be better at developing talent through VFL and radio calling. Otherwise we get stuck with ex-players who become institutionalised in the role because there is no one else.

North Melbourne v Hawthorn​

10 James Worpel (HAW)
8 Karl Amon (HAW)
6 Jai Newcombe (HAW)
2 Jarman Impey (HAW)
2 Luke McDonald (NMFC)
1 Conor Nash (HAW)
1 Blake Hardwick (HAW)

Norf board going to be up in arms with 2 votes to Luke McDonald. Epic trolling by Sam.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back