Preview Round 18 Preview: Sydney Swans vs Hawks (Combined match talk and banter thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
After reading all the media hype of Hawthorn's 'horror run of injuries' I was surprised to see that they have bugger all outs. What gives ? Why don't the media tell it like it is ?

The reality ? It's more about the impact of any injuries. Hawks just have very little depth.

This is a stark contrast to the Swans of 2013 who genuinely had a long injury list, a factor which has helped us to ensure considerable depth to our side this year.

In this game we are likely to have as many 'key' outs as Hawks so I regard it as a fair litmus test. No excuses from either side.

After reading all the media hype of Hawthorn's 'horror run of injuries' I was surprised to see that they have bugger all outs. What gives ? Why don't the media tell it like it is ?

The reality ? It's more about the impact of any injuries. Hawks just have very little depth.

This is a stark contrast to the Swans of 2013 who genuinely had a long injury list, a factor which has helped us to ensure considerable depth to our side this year.

In this game we are likely to have as many 'key' outs as Hawks so I regard it as a fair litmus test. No excuses from either side.
Lost Gibson, Rioli, Mitchell for 10 weeks.

Sewell has missed 7 weeks.

McEvoy has missed 6 weeks.

Spanger has missed 8 weeks.

Stratton has missed 6 weeks.

Lake has only played about 5 games.

Plus a lot of backup players have had injuries. Hallahan, Woodward, Langford.

Not to mention Anderson, Whitecross out for entire season

Yet the Hawks sit 2nd on the ladder, I would think this demonstrates fantastic depth.

Lost Gibson, Rioli, Mitchell for 10 weeks.

Sewell has missed 7 weeks.

McEvoy has missed 6 weeks.

Spanger has missed 8 weeks.

Stratton has missed 6 weeks.

Lake has only played about 5 games.

Plus a lot of backup players have had injuries. Hallahan, Woodward, Langford.

Not to mention Anderson, Whitecross out for entire season

Yet the Hawks sit 2nd on the ladder, I would think this demonstrates fantastic depth.

Speaking for myself sometimes people like to wind visitors up.

Ideally the mods would change bombersno1 's team to Sydney. Save us all a lot of confusion.

Lol I'm one if the few that is actually defending the academy! Honestly Eddie and co are just so annoying!

Please don't tell me the Hawks are complaining their reserve back is out when Hanners is out for Sydney?
No one is complaining about anything.

Just pointing out that a Hawk tall backman is out.

It is a thread about all things Hawks V Swans.

But why the Essendank sore arse?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sure, no problem.

Strange to see an Essendon supporter taking a very very keen interest in another team.

Live in Sydney, my sister goes for Sydney. Actually travelling to
Melbourne for the game. My sister isn't well, Swans actually do a lot for her. Should change my username lol

Melbourne for the game. My sister isn't well, Swans actually do a lot for her. Should change my username lol
Yep.

Nah just change your location from "Sydney" to "in denial I'm a Swans Supporter" :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back