Preview Round 18, The Needle and The Damage Done - Jimmy Diesel and the Injectors v Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am excited to see how Essendon will perform against one of the top teams. It will be a great indicator, and a chance for us to improve on areas before the finals.

The one clear advantage we have is in the ruck, but as Hawthorn have shown throughout this year and previous years is that you don't need have to have good ruckmen to win clearances and games.

Expect Essendon to recall Zaka, Winderlich, Howlett, with question marks over Hocking and may be Pears.

Stratton is having a consistently good year, gets the job done. :thumbsu:

Looking forward to Friday night, and the build up.

Good post, but I'm not so sure about the bolded part. Sorry to say it, but the drugs scandal casts a pall over any performance increases.

Good post, but I'm not so sure about the bolded part. Sorry to say it, but the drugs scandal casts a pall over any performance increases.

I am. It will be a great indicator, particularly with our best player out.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-07-22/rioli-carrazzo-face-scrutiny

Hawthorn star Rioli could be cited for applying a bizarre 'chicken wing' style tackle on prone Western Bulldogs star Ryan Griffen in the first quarter of their clash at Aurora Stadium on Saturday.

Griffen appeared sore initially but played out the match full of steam and was one of the best players afield.

Rioli's effort drew comparisons with the infamous hold that earned Carlton superstar Chris Judd a four-match suspension for twisting the arm of North Melbourne midfielder Leigh Adams last year.

A Rioli ban would further weaken an already under-strength Hawks line-up for their blockbuster against Essendon at the Etihad Stadium on Friday night.

Anyone know where to find the footage? o_O

Like he time we finally got the fixture at the mcg and the bummer bandwagginers went on strike to replace the albino with the chemistry teacher, meaning huge amounts of empty seats

4 of the past 5 games between Essendon and Hawthorn have been at the MCG, with all crowds in the top 7 for non-finals games between ESS-Haw at the 'G.

All jokes and current situation aside, this is the rivalry. Essendon and Hawthorn in the 80s had many gladiatorial clashes. To some extent that feeling has continued. I respect that rivalry, that history, and expect another epic clash. You can shove your franchise clubs, the Johnny-come-latelys and the manufactured marketing hyped games, because this sort of clash, the depths of feelings and history is as visceral and close to true rivalry as it gets. It's what footy is all about in its most primal sense.
But hell, don't insult them. That shit is wrong, dude. Can't do that to an enemy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You Hawthorn fans are the most arrogant bunch of assholes. You have probably gone past Collingwood in that regard, so take a bow.

The investigations are still ongoing and no one has been proven guilty or not guilty so keep your mouths shut, along with the rest of the football "experts" you have absolutely no idea what the hell you are talking about, you such assume like the media.

Can't wait until Geelong beats you in the GF again you w***ers. What is it now 17 in a row since the 08 GF? (where you got kissed on the dick by a fairy anyway) Bunch of chokers

Stay classy Hawthorn

Yeah, coz we'll have our absolute 100%, strongest side out there, too...

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I think you misunderstood. I acknowledge Hawthorn won't be at full strength, but no team is throughout the year.

Hawthorn should be deservingly favourites, the players that have been brought in have played their role. Hawthorn are far more advanced than Essendon, and after playing some of the lower teams recently it would be good to play a genuine contender.

You Hawthorn fans are the most arrogant bunch of assholes. You have probably gone past Collingwood in that regard, so take a bow.

The investigations are still ongoing and no one has been proven guilty or not guilty so keep your mouths shut, along with the rest of the football "experts" you have absolutely no idea what the hell you are talking about, you such assume like the media.

Can't wait until Geelong beats you in the GF again you Moos. What is it now 17 in a row since the 08 GF? (where you got kissed on the dick by a fairy anyway) Bunch of chokers

Stay classy Hawthorn
Jobe admitted to taking a prohibited substance. Your club instituted a systematic program of drug cheating (even if by ignorance) amid a climate of experimentation. Why don't you write to your club and express your severe disappointment instead of coming on here an complaining our jokes at your expense are the problem?

There is nothing in it. He tackled a guy by grabbing one arm and then the player fell awkwardly and Cyril never let go of his arm. I was not aware that you had to let go of a guy in footy now because he might get hurt. Please.
Is it ironic appropriate that a chicken wing tackle will be assessed by a chook lotto?

l285295703.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back