Preview Round 2, 2024: Hawthorn v Melbourne, MCG 4.35pm 23rd March

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keep calm and start smoking what Delecate Des is on.

Good vibes.

Lets smash these merger voters

high wiz khalifa GIF

Never, the line in the sand is an attitude. What is the AFL going to do, suspend? Fine? From the outside looking in, it seems that the Hawks are taking a lot of crap from the AFL. The club needs to demand a lot more respect. What do you want? The Demons by 55 and we surrender meekly, returning to our place at the end of the line, or belt the living sh*t out of them for four quarters (legally of course), and lose by 15 but give them a reminder of who we are? Remember 2004?
Welcome to the greatest club of all. I totally agree and have been thinking the same thing recently. i want to see teams fear us and have our pressure, tackling and relentless attitude to get to the ball first and if not then run down opponents and instill the fear of god into them. That still can be done without crossing the line. That intensity was totally missing last week and we need to bring that every week. Once we have that built into our DNA then we will start seeing more and more pieces of the puzzle fitting together. It must be tough in a workplace full of swans fans, just keep reminding them of Capper and the Swanettes along with 2014.

Welcome to the greatest club of all. I totally agree and have been thinking the same thing recently. i want to see teams fear us and have our pressure, tackling and relentless attitude to get to the ball first and if not then run down opponents and instill the fear of god into them. That still can be done without crossing the line. That intensity was totally missing last week and we need to bring that every week. Once we have that built into our DNA then we will start seeing more and more pieces of the puzzle fitting together. It must be tough in a workplace full of swans fans, just keep reminding them of Capper and the Swanettes along with 2014.
Agree, but we need to accept that our young list simply needs more games under the belt. I guarantee that the Hawthorn side of 2003- 2004 and 2005 did not have the 'Unsociable Hawks" tag at that stage - I just remind you of the Hawks Geelong game of 2022 and the opening bounce...Unsociable Hawks? - it is coming...Go Hawks!!!

Agree, but we need to accept that our young list simply needs more games under the belt. I guarantee that the Hawthorn side of 2003- 2004 and 2005 did not have the 'Unsociable Hawks" tag at that stage - I just remind you of the Hawks Geelong game of 2022 and the opening bounce...Unsociable Hawks? - it is coming...Go Hawks!!!

Yep, I agree too. It takes time, it doesnt happen overnight, its something that has to build over time, and yes we have a very young list so it will take some time. But at the same time, its our leaders who need to bring it each week and show the youngsters how its done. Gunners and Punky arent really the types, but I am confident this is something that Sam will help instill as we progress and we have other on field leaders such as Moorey, Newk and Sic who have this in them that can lead the way for the rest of the younger brigade.

If we can push them, and be competitive against them, the way we were last year, even if they run out 4-5 goal winners in the end I'll be reasonably happy.
Agree. Melbournes side on paper would be one of the best in the comp this week so I’ll be happy with a competitive effort.

I hope Ben Brown plays he is not good anymore. Feel like we will be competitive but if Finn is sub again I’m turning off. Partly as it’s a stupid idea partly because it removes the potential joy of the post match press conference melt…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It'd be nice if big Reeves could float forward and snag a goal. Feel like he needs to get a bit more dangerous around the ground. Even resting him deep forward while Chol gives him a chop out could work if we just bomb it on his head and get the smalls to swarm around the drop zone

It'd be nice if big Reeves could float forward and snag a goal. Feel like he needs to get a bit more dangerous around the ground. Even resting him deep forward while Chol gives him a chop out could work if we just bomb it on his head and get the smalls to swarm around the drop zone
Steven May loves this.

If he doesn’t Jake Lever does.

If he doesn’t Max Gawn does.

Bombing it into our forward line is the worst thing we could do today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back