• Eagles by 37 or more

Votes: 20 16.3%
  • Dockers by 1-6

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Eagles by 1-6

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Just like how it made no difference having Mcpharlin out and Silvangi in?

Take out both and Johnson as well and tell me it wouldn't of made any difference to your defense.

Then take out Sandilands and Walters (Ballantyne is barely a loss) and see how your mid and forward pressure looks.
Considering WC passed around our defenders so easily.. the defenders missing wouldnt have made a massive difference.

I am extremely confident if we play the eagles in a final or grand final we will win

You would be very confident. Especially as the Eagles only have Nic Nat, LeCras McGovern and Selwood to come back in. However Fremantle have um um um yeah. Ballantyne.

Actually there werent that many one outs inside 50.

There were a few and Silvangi won all of 1.

But you can't tell me it would of gone better for you to have Silvangi and Pearce as your two KPD and Mcpharlin and Johnson both missing. You say it does not have a major impact but just the loss of Johnson has hurt you greatly through the year.

You would be very confident. Especially as the Eagles only have Nic Nat, LeCras McGovern and Selwood to come back in. However Fremantle have um um um yeah. Ballantyne.
Mate, your team won and won well, but your post is a little one eyed. Johnson back after 9 weeks, mcpharlin out and Fyfe just back is a fair bit of improvement to come. It will be close if it plays out

There were a few and Silvangi won all of 1.

But you can't tell me it would of gone better for you to have Silvangi and Pearce as your two KPD and Mcpharlin and Johnson both missing. You say it does not have a major impact but just the loss of Johnson has hurt you greatly through the year.
I don't think it would have made a major difference. Johnson was back and we still played badly. McPharlin is a lot better than Silvagni but Kennedy still would have beat him on all those leads because Kennedy is a really good KPF on the lead.

Selwood is useless. Nic nat is crap v sandilands anyway. Ever heard of mchparlin? Hes also to come back in. Hush now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think it would have made a major difference. Johnson was back and we still played badly. McPharlin is a lot better than Silvagni but Kennedy still would have beat him on all those leads because Kennedy is a really good KPF on the lead.

Well Johnson was coming in off a looong layoff. Even so he was still better then Silvangi or Pearce (if he played back there).

Also there was more then a few contested marking contests that Kennedy and Darling won (especially in the first half).

Selwood is useless. Nic nat is crap v sandilands anyway. Ever heard of mchparlin? Hes also to come back in. Hush now

Geezus. That is frightening everyone in the top four. Having the pensioner return. Must be worth five or six goals.

Swings and round abouts.

West coast had three very good players out
West coast had way more to play for and played with more intensity
West coast got the benefit of some dodgy umpiring early and the same calls weren't made Freos way
West coast are a very good team and played better

Freo had a few underdone players who didn't start well at all (Johnno and Fyfe)
Freo could lose and still be two games clear on top of the ladder
Freo was undisciplined at times early
Freo played very average and lost by 4 kicks

I'd be super surprised if we don't find ourselves with a home prelim and then we will be favourites to make the grand final. Then all the planning, go slow and maintenance that has happened all year will be to our benefit. See how we go.

Last edited:
It's finals. Players step up for finals. We've done it before and we'll do it again. Considering we had half a side facing the Power last year and only just came up short, I don't have a problem with it. We can score enough goals to win. The last quarter showed that. End of story.

What story?

Freo "loaded up" for the Derby and fell short.

Can't score enough against the best sides?

Come finals the Hawks, Tigers and Eagles will hold no fear and plenty of confidence coming up against Freo.

It's who can hold their nerve that's the story. Freo need to make and win the GF this year. If they don't their confidence will be shot as will their aging stars.

Freo and the players are under serious pressure to deliver this finals series. More pressure than any other side IMO. Been favorites all year and starting to splutter.

What story?

Freo "loaded up" for the Derby and fell short.

Can't score enough against the best sides?

Come finals the Hawks, Tigers and Eagles will hold no fear and plenty of confidence coming up against Freo.

It's who can hold their nerve that's the story. Freo need to make and win the GF this year. If they don't their confidence will be shot as will their aging stars.

Freo and the players are under serious pressure to deliver this finals series. More pressure than any other side IMO. Been favorites all year and starting to splutter.

I don't bet but even I know Freo hasn't been favourites for about two months. At least.

If you read the media and big footy we are pretenders who have no chance. I say we are the underdogs. Pretty clearly.

We are actually equal second favourites now. Not even clear second favourites.

It's a real concern imo reading some of the docker posts that they believe their team has been on a go steady programme for the last month or so and that they are going to switch on come finals time and stroll home with the cup

Back