Preview Round 22 – GWS Giants vs West Coast Eagles, Saturday 18th August, 4.35pm, Spotless Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting I was posting on their board and I saw a lot of love. Seems to be female fans a lot for some reason.
A couple if the players have mentioned he drives the constant need to imorove around the club, so I'd say with that and his on-field efforts he's definitely doing the job he was recruited for.
Probably i need to re word when i said freo fans wanted him gone.

What i mean was he was a well loved player but skill wise fans kept wanting him dropped as there were much more skilled players not getting a game

In his last couple of years at freo he was not what they needed. But the likes of kelly, torranto and cogs were.

They would have won a flag with that sort of midq

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Probably i need to re word when i said freo fans wanted him gone.

What i mean was he was a well loved player but skill wise fans kept wanting him dropped as there were much more skilled players not getting a game

In his last couple of years at freo he was not what they needed. But the likes of kelly, torranto and cogs were.

They would have won a flag with that sort of midq

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I get it.
Most lists do. Perversely ours probably needed the Matt De Boers and the Sam Reids, who add consistency and stability.

All year Kelly has been a really good accumulator and distributor but tonight he was pretty bloody breathtaking.

It was the complete performance of a genuine Group 1 star with precision, skill, hard work and toughness.

Ive said previously that he is a nice player but hasn't ever dragged us over the line.

Tonight he did, it was a masterclass.

Pay him whatever he wants and pray he takes it.
To see him come back on after that clash with J Kennedy was so courageous. And to play the way he did with what must have been some discomfort must have helped to inspire the boys. He is a star.

To see him come back on after that clash with J Kennedy was so courageous. And to play the way he did with what must have been some discomfort must have helped to inspire the boys. He is a star.

Yep.

The twat behind me who spent the whole time moaning loudly about free kicks and unfair umpiring and Josh supposed to be getting a free kick while both Joshs were down for the count was a disgrace to the Giants' guernsey though.

Yep.

The twat behind me who spent the whole time moaning loudly about free kicks and unfair umpiring and Josh supposed to be getting a free kick while both Joshs were down for the count was a disgrace to the Giants' guernsey though.

That could have been me :$ I did at one point in the second 1/4 enquire as to whether their other arm worked.

Yep.

I wonder if you were sitting near me? Someone yelled out that Kennedy played Kelly dirty and deliberately smashed him. People can be too one-eyed. I thought both Josh's had eyes for the footy and yelled out as much. Don't think I've seen either of them do anything dirty.

Where did that image come from? People with this on shirts? I need this!
I designed it myself. Last season some wit in the crowd called out to the Tigers as they left the field, "welcome to the church of giantology". I've always thought Cal looked and plays like a god so I got the idea for the image. I ironed it onto a shirt myself. Last night at HQ I got Cal's signature on it too. He loved it. Quite happy.

I designed it myself. Last season some wit in the crowd called out to the Tigers as they left the field, "welcome to the church of giantology". I've always thought Cal looked and plays like a god so I got the idea for the image. I ironed it onto a shirt myself. Last night at HQ I got Cal's signature on it too. He loved it. Quite happy.

Then we spoke last night.

I did make mention in the Merch thread that this shirt needs to be put into mass production. I also told you in person how cool the shirt was, just after Cal had signed it.

If only I'd known....

Mate, very nice work. A great bit of fun. Not sure if the club would go with this in our PC world, but hey should pick this up as design. It is your design, so your call. No pressure, but would love a high def version to create a shirt too?

Certainly some disappointing aspects to GWS play last night: composure at times, skill errors at times, kicking into the forward line, some umpiring decisions (but need to learn how to cop with those). But the important thing was to be able to close out the tough game in that last quarter - just need to apply that effort & skill level earlier in games. We aren't blowing teams away this year, but finding a way to win (or draw!) most weeks. We are well set up for the run into finals, but the situation is still fluid given that we could finish anywhere between 1st and 4th. Well done on the win, now starting looking at next week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We took our 3.5 month old baby girl to the game. Got there at quarter time and watched the rest of the match. She was a bit worried by the noise and the cool air but ok. Future Giants supporter!

Josh Kelly showing he is worth the silly money offers.

Deledio's possessions are so constructive. Makes good position, uses the ball with purpose. Has taken Stevie J's role.

Midfield much more rounded with Coniglio and Hopper back.

That was the type of win you expect from a premiership team. Got the job done.

I am satisfied with the win. We are getting the job done in tough draw and against teams that have matched up well with us in the past. Had we been more clinical in the third, particularly up forward, we would have broken that game open. Frustrating at times, but you have to admit entertaining.

Umps? Well, really for me it's Schmitt that gives me the shits. His holding the ball decisions and non-decisions are all over the shop. Hate when he does our games, which seems often.

Individually, you can't go past Kelly for an awesome display. Really liked watching Phil have a bit more freedom. Reminded us he is much more than a lockdown defender. Wilson is a weapon with his pace and kicking.

Great crowd and atmosphere. Wonderful finish to the H&A season at Spotless.

Sat scoreboard on fox has
Mumford - ankle injury
Kelly - head injury

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Watching Mummy get restrapped after half time confirms for me it is the usual struggle he has with the left ankle. The thing that had me shaking my head was why they did this directly after the break. Harry had to drop into the ruck at very short notice. Must have become apparent after cooling down in the sheds and running back up the race.

I am satisfied with the win. We are getting the job done in tough draw and against teams that have matched up well with us in the past. Had we been more clinical in the third, particularly up forward, we would have broken that game open. Frustrating at times, but you have to admit entertaining.

Umps? Well, really for me it's Schmitt that gives me the shits. His holding the ball decisions and non-decisions are all over the shop. Hate when he does our games, which seems often.

Individually, you can't go past Kelly for an awesome display. Really liked watching Phil have a bit more freedom. Reminded us he is much more than a lockdown defender. Wilson is a weapon with his pace and kicking.

Great crowd and atmosphere. Wonderful finish to the H&A season at Spotless.
It's frustrating all right. Feels like we haven't got out of second gear all season. I thought we were building after the last 2 weeks but then there is another regression to what has been dished up all year. It will be amazing if we actually turn it up in the finals and destroy the other teams playing like we know they can.

No use having a Ferrari if all you do is drive to Woolworths, time for the boys to put their foot down and be ruthless.

It's frustrating all right. Feels like we haven't got out of second gear all season. I thought we were building after the last 2 weeks but then there is another regression to what has been dished up all year. It will be amazing if we actually turn it up in the finals and destroy the other teams playing like we know they can.

No use having a Ferrari if all you do is drive to Woolworths, time for the boys to put their foot down and be ruthless.
Woolworths time ends in 3 weeks.

Watching Mummy get restrapped after half time confirms for me it is the usual struggle he has with the left ankle. The thing that had me shaking my head was why they did this directly after the break. Harry had to drop into the ruck at very short notice. Must have become apparent after cooling down in the sheds and running back up the race.
Damn. Hold on big fella only 6 weeks to go.

That could have been me :$ I did at one point in the second 1/4 enquire as to whether their other arm worked.

I wonder if you were sitting near me? Someone yelled out that Kennedy played Kelly dirty and deliberately smashed him. People can be too one-eyed. I thought both Josh's had eyes for the footy and yelled out as much. Don't think I've seen either of them do anything dirty.

The guy in question spent a lot of the rest of the time trying to get Giants cheers going and moaning when people were too on edge to get behind it, so I'm not sure if that fits the description of either of yours. :)

FWIW if it hadn't been a mark it probably would've been a free kick against Kelly for tunneling.
Just tough fearless play by both. Fev on gameday thought Kelly just lost track of where he was. Looks that way in 2 second video grab, but Kelly new where he was going, just misjudged the flight and realised too late that he was going to be sharing the same space as Kennedy.

Mate, very nice work. A great bit of fun. Not sure if the club would go with this in our PC world, but hey should pick this up as design. It is your design, so your call. No pressure, but would love a high def version to create a shirt too?
Let me think about it. I was concerned about offending Cal tbh but he really loved it. I'm also concerned about the pc nature of it. I'm a lapsed Catholic so the original image is familiar to most. It does make people smile though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back