Preview Round 22 team v Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Bradwce -- woulddn`t be putting that much expectation on Kennedy`s game massive class difference between magpie and bulldogs defence
What expectations? I haven't put any expectations on Kennedy to have a massive game. I was just thinking him getting an early goal would obviously be great and the crowd would love it.

I know there's a massive class difference between Collingwood's defence and the Bulldogs. It takes 23 seconds more for JK to kick a goal against Collingwood. :p
http://stats.rleague.com/afl/stats/games/2012/071820120401.html#prog
http://stats.rleague.com/afl/stats/games/2011/041820110529.html#prog

Actually having a look back, the last 2 times JK has played against Collingwood he's kicked the 1st goal of the game.

Still not happy with mcginnity as a hf, would prefer him out and someone else in. The side lacks pace, is the only reason he could still remain. He should be the sub.

I will admit to have been a little concerned with the team lineup this week, even with the big ins of rosa and jk. Mostly due to the lack of a crumber. It does appear that masten will spend a bit of time there (would not be surprised to see masten v shaw at some point) and with rosa back likely embley as well.

It seems like we are going to try and stretch the pie defence by putting the ball in the air and hope that one of our talls will mark. They better, otherwise we will get killed on the rebound. Jolly out means we can sit a ruckmen at ff for longer. it actually would not surprise me to see nn play in the pocket for 60-70% of the game as our crumber! :eek:

There is zero chance of A. Selwood being sub.

I also think they'll put McGinnity on Shaw, tag him pretty tight.

We need Hill, Masten, Shuey and McGinnity to put on lots of ground level pressure. The pies have killed us with rebound.

Embley, Rosa and Gaff all have reasons to be sub, I think one of them will get the vest, and Kennedy, Darling or maybe Lynch will get the red vest.
I hope so, I have Shaw in my dream team.

Kennedy and Rosa back...vanilla changes?

shut up.
Is that a real criticism?

How radical did you want it to get in R22?

Maybe "vanilla change" was used harshly. Changes were expected.

I'm delighted to see JK back, and Matty Rosa should be nice and fresh.

My frustration comes from McG & A.Selwood being selected continously.

Guys like Strijk, Stevenson & Dick who have very good WAFL form, who have outstanding football skills.

Our team would look alot better with Strijk at half forward instead of McG and Dick/Stevo as the sub :(

Our team would look alot better with Strijk at half forward instead of McG and Dick/Stevo as the sub :(
I do believe that to be true, but mcginnity played pretty well last week. It would be pretty harsh to drop him after his best game in a while.

As strijk has been the emergency recently, it wouldn't surprise me to see him as early as next week.
Dick has had serious injury concerns, and as sucky as it sounds, it is in ours and his best interests to see how his body holds up, put him through a full preseason, get his fitness in and work for round 1 2013. Reading some of the comments on the pies board, everyone agrees he has so much talent, but his body just couldn't hold up. I would hate to rush him back, have him injured again and put his career in doubt. Especially if that happens within 5 mins in any of our next 3 games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The problem I have with the side and it has been the same all year, we do not have enough players to go through the midfield. Our usual midfield rotation(not including nn cox) is shuey,Selwood, priddis, then we have kerr, masten, maybe embley, gaff and rosa on the wings,Adams midfield days are past mcginnity is not that good. We lack depth and also the quality. Compare that to Collingwood Swan,Pendles Beams, then sidebottom thomas blair didak wellingham sinclair, fasolo seedsman shaw occasionally. It is evened up a little by the agility of both cox and Nic but with our recent poor midfield clearance form our defence is going to have to have a blinder to hold out the collingwood hordes.

The lack of midfield options has caused the wearing down of selwood and priddis who have had to shoulder a lot of the work and us getting smashed by sydney, dockers and adelaide. The tall forward line is going to be a boom or bust, collingwood have intercepted our I50 entries too often in the past and it is up to our midfield to pinpoint their kicks better. There forwards are in poor form, however cloke kicked 5 against us last time and the recent form of mackenzie is a real worry, schulz had 6 scoring shots against him last week, hawkins had his measure early, pav kicked 8.

This is our big chance to beat collingwood and nearly sew up 5th spot but can we do it. We have to get on top in the clearances so we dont allow collingwood to get their numbers back and clunk the ball down forward, our midfield has been average lately and need to play out of their skin, if we don't win tomorrow we will more than likely miss out on a home final so it is a must.

I do believe that to be true, but mcginnity played pretty well last week. It would be pretty harsh to drop him after his best game in a while.

He played okay/good against a bottom 4 side, what a champ. Has had numerous chances and with nearly our full complement back he is not in our best 22 IMO. Hams/Dick/Strijk are better forwards, dalziell/stevens/swift are better mids and brennan/stevenson are just better players.

I still can't figure out all this dislike for Hill?
Are you all the same experts calling for priddis' head a couple years ago (and some still today) ?
Hill has been very good for most of the year. He would be best 22 even with a full list available.

No, those of us calling for Priddis to be moved aside and be played in a less prominent role actually get footy, hence we quite like Hill...

We also note that we are getting smashed regularly at clearances and killed by teams who have the talent to just attack our plodding mids....

We also note that we are getting smashed regularly at clearances and killed by teams who have the talent to just attack our plodding mids....

Apart from Priddis, then, who are our plodding mids? Kerr? Shuey? Scooter? These are the blokes who should be winning the clearances. I wouldn't really call them plodding.

Selwood is fairly plodding. He's played good attacking footy against the weak sides, but gets fumbly and bombs it when there's pressure put on him. He seems a little confused about his role out there. I'd rather he sticks to racking up tackles and stopping blokes.

collingwood have intercepted our I50 entries too often in the past and it is up to our midfield to pinpoint their kicks better.

Exactly why Maxwell is a bigger out than Jolly IMO. Harry O(how I love playing west coast)brien will hopefully have to be more accountable especially with JK back even not at 100%.

rosa would want to improve on his form prior to getting injured.

hopefully he plays with some aggression and manages to hit a few targets - two things he has been struggling with majorly this year.

You don't simply tip against a team who have won their last 8 against you (and the last ten interstate games).

I doubt we'll win but I would love to be proven wrong!!
Our stats for winning at home are about equally as good though. The only interstate side to do it in the last two seasons is Sydney.

rosa would want to improve on his form prior to getting injured.

hopefully he plays with some aggression and manages to hit a few targets - two things he has been struggling with majorly this year.
Change the record please.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back