Preview Round 22 team v Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty much. You could have Nicoski in as well, and I still think Ash Smith should be in the side but it's hard to find someone he would replace.
Touch and go whether these guys are best 22, isn't it?

Butler, McG, Hill and Selwood would be the guys in the crosshairs.

LeCras walks in, probably for McG. Not so sure about Nicoski and Smith.

There is zero chance of A. Selwood being sub.

I also think they'll put McGinnity on Shaw, tag him pretty tight.

We need Hill, Masten, Shuey and McGinnity to put on lots of ground level pressure. The pies have killed us with rebound.

Embley, Rosa and Gaff all have reasons to be sub, I think one of them will get the vest, and Kennedy, Darling or maybe Lynch will get the red vest.

FB: Beau Waters - Darren Glass - Sam Butler
HB: Shannon Hurn - Eric MacKenzie - Will Schofield
C: Matthew Rosa - Matthew Priddis - Andrew Gaff
HF: Josh Hill - Jack Darling - Patrick McVaginaty
FF: Chris Masten - Josh Kennedy - Nic Naitanui

F: Dean Cox - Scott Selwood - Luke Shuey
I: Andrew Embley - Daniel Kerr - Quinten Lynch - Adam Selwood

Our best team this year, really confident this team can go deep into September. They just need to lift a few levels and find some form.

What a luxury to start Kerr and Embley on the bench.

My only concern in the team is Butler. Needs to show some willingness to attack off HB.

Surely the sub has to come from Embley, Kerr, Lynch or selwood as they are named on the bench, my money is on selwood subbing on for mcginnity if McG cant play the defensive forward role well enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How far off our best 22?

LeCras for McG and it would be just about there.

As far as this season goes yep seems right.

Real chance now to make a statement that we can still win it all this year.

So earlier on in the year Worsfold acknowledged that our forward press has dropped right off. He attempts to fix this by moving Mcginnity forward. It hasnt worked and his disposal into the forward 50 has been horrible. But fair enough, we didn't have any options. But now we have a genuine forward pocket that is in good form and Mcginnity is chosen in front of him?

I have never been a Worsfold hater and I love what he has done for the club but his love for loading up on defenders and sticking by his favorites despite poor form and obvious difficiencies is incredibly frustrating at times.

Anyway, stoked Kennedy is back. Just wish our team looked a bit more balanced.

[quote="Butler, post: 25347314, member: 105432" genuine forward pocket that is in good form and Mcginnity is chosen in front of him?[/quote]Patience, Wooshas wicked plan is coming to fruition.

That would have to be the most experienced bench 4 ever surely. 822 games between the 4 of them.

Also, we always pick extremely conservative. We don't even pick young players over experience if they are in equal form.

I still can't figure out all this dislike for Hill?
Are you all the same experts calling for priddis' head a couple years ago (and some still today) ?
Hill has been very good for most of the year. He would be best 22 even with a full list available.

IN: JK

58757857.gif

Great changes, we have probably the best depth now since the start of the season. Its a good time to get players back as well...

Hopefully Dick has a big game this weekend and forces himself in at least as the sub next weekend. His skill and X factor will be a pretty big boost coming into finals and give us a really dangerous crumming forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back