Opinion Round 23 Changes vs. Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Of course they are going to say Pav is not worth the risk when they are hoping for the local side to win that final top 4 spot.
He is more than a 50 50 chance to line up given the stakes.

Furthermore "there might be a call made shortly" makes no sense, we're ruling him out already by Tuesday? Sounds a bit like wishful thinking from the SA media to me.

I vote we head straight to the port board, tell them we have inside connections at Freo, and promise with absolute conviction that Barlow and Pav won't play.
Will destroy them psychologically when they are both inclusions with 24 hours to go.
Talk over hear Pavlich might not be worth the risk, there might be a call about it shortly?

This is like watching a movie... anyone got the ending?

I vote we head straight to the port board, tell them we have inside connections at Freo, and promise with absolute conviction that Barlow and Pav won't play.
Will destroy them psychologically when they are both inclusions with 24 hours to go.

Good thing the Port board don't actually play on the field. haha

Talk over hear Pavlich might not be worth the risk, there might be a call about it shortly?

Incredible. Only took 18 minutes to set the elephant trap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You guys do realise though that when it comes to injured players the opposition tend to target that injury whether it is big or small. I doubt it will be an easy game as both sides have something to lose.

Whoever wins it will be in my guess within 10 points.

You guys do realise though that when it comes to injured players the opposition tend to target that injury whether it is big or small. I doubt it will be an easy game as both sides have something to lose.

we know, only had to look at the hammering Fyfe's shoulder took against Geelong.

Say it ain't so. I'll get on the blower to Ross, pronto!!!

If Barlow doesn't get up, would anyone be open to bringing in Pearce for one of Suban or DeBoer?

If Barlow doesn't get up, would anyone be open to bringing in Pearce for one of Suban or DeBoer?

I would, bit of sub x-factor. Can really break the lines with his tremendous boot.

I can picture it now..... C.Pearce on halfway through the third, all players on the field buggered except Clancee who rebounds Ports very few inside 50s every time with an accurate 60m bullet saving the legs of our runners... allowing us to run the game out and trounce Port by 10 goals

I'd rather have Morabito than Pearce. Not sure if Pearce is much of an upgrade on Suban.

If his other appearances are anything to go by (and I think they are), then he's going to be no chance at keeping up with the Port spread and speed. Would be a liability unless we want to risk him coming on as Sub (the risk being that we have to bring him on early). Not worth it I'm afraid.

I wouldn't be. Think Subes and Matty are both borderline 22 now, but also think they'd be way better equipped to deal with the intensity and tempo this game is likely to bring.

Unfortunately, I tend to agree. Especially if Barlow doesn't play, both Suban and MTB provide grunt at the contested ball which will be a must, an absolute must, if we're going to win.

We will not win if we are going to rely on taking the ball off them in open play. We need to win contested ball to have a chance. So C.Pearce's ability to kick long and clean would be lovely, but winning the ball is the higher priority AFAIC and Suban and MTB help in that regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back