Opinion Round 23 Changes vs. Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 tags/run with roles? Sounds like long bow. 1 is max and I imagine Lyon will need to choose between Boak and Gray which is tough as they are both now genuine A graders.
Crowley always tags, Mzungu always runs with. The only addition is De Boer who traditionally is a defensive half-forward but as he can play in the midfield he's a good be to get a job in there.

3 tags/run with roles? Sounds like long bow. 1 is max and I imagine Lyon will need to choose between Boak and Gray which is tough as they are both now genuine A graders.

Wow you talk about Freo with a fair bit of authority don't you mate? 3 "tags" (1 hard tag and two light run with roles) really isn't beyond the realms of possibility.

Port aren't the only team that have more than 1 taggable midfielders. We'll be fine

Wow you talk about Freo with a fair bit of authority don't you mate? 3 "tags" (1 hard tag and two light run with roles) really isn't beyond the realms of possibility.
Yeah, getting quite sick of QPower. Been around since 06 but 'disappeared' after their world famous grand final disaster.

Yeah, getting quite sick of QPower. Been around since 06 but 'disappeared' after their world famous grand final disaster.

haha I was at that game, that was an absolute disgrace. How the hell did they even make it to the GF that year?

Just listening to Micky Barlow on 882 and he said that he currently is wearing a splint that he would not be allowed to wear on the field, hence the new thumb guard being made for him.

He has ruled out playing this week though, but hopes to be back the following week.

Just listening to Micky Barlow on 882 and he said that he currently is wearing a splint that he would not be allowed to wear on the field, hence the new thumb guard being made for him.

He has ruled out playing this week though, but hopes to be back the following week.
:(

Astonishing to miss a game of this importance with an injury of this nature. He should have had his thumb amputated last week and then everything would have bee fine by Saturday.

Astonishing to miss a game of this importance with an injury of this nature. He should have had his thumb amputated last week and then everything would have bee fine by Saturday.
He's not going to miss but if he does it's because of the games that come after this one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What difference is a week going to make with a broken thumb? Sigh
Heaps if it's a fracture.

His role is thumb dependent – being able to grab at opponents and tackle them to the ground, hand balling. The worst case scenario is if he plays and we lose but he stuffs up his thumb for the rest of the finals.

His role is thumb dependent – being able to grab at opponents and tackle them to the ground, hand balling. The worst case scenario is if he plays and we lose but he stuffs up his thumb for the rest of the finals.

Fair point.
I assume he can play if absolutely necessary, but the big question is how it'll affect his ball handling/marking/tackling in general.

I completely understand what you mean, but for some reason I still find this turn of phrase very amusing.

Hopefully Barlow can at least sit in the stands and let Crowley know whether to finish Gray off:

Pollice+Verso.jpeg

would be amazed if he played a week after a fracture because generally they would wait 1 week to see if the fracture has settled. If it has the likelyhood of it moving again is very low which is why next week would be ok. its a 6 week job to get back to normal but he'll definitely play next week unless the fracture got worse.

De Boer will make way for Pavlich.

If Barlow makes a miraculous recovery, feel Ibbo will get dropped before Suban. Suban plays well at home and we could use him as the sub.

Ibbo does seem a bit surplus to needs and when you consider the inside quality that's out Suban to remain in is a no brainer IMO.

Ibbo does seem a bit surplus to needs and when you consider the inside quality that's out Suban to remain in is a no brainer IMO.

Ibbo is not surplus, if we play Sydney next week who have Goodes, Tippett and Franklin in the forward line we will need Ibbotson to play the intercept role as Johnson will be needed to man up Goodes, and Ibbotson needs the match practice. (Reid can also play in the forward line but is out injured)

Yeah I'm not sure, Port have a quite mobile and not so tall forward line. Westhoff is their tallest forward and he roams around so I think Dawson/Silvagni/Johnson have height/size mismatches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back