Review Round 3, 2015 - Brisbane Lions vs Richmond

Who were your five best players for the round 3 game against Richmond?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Beams, Rich, Martin, Zorko and Paparone for me.

Midfield was much better this week, just that they had absolutely no one to kick to. It's deflating and just kills any confidence you have. Richmond were always gonna run home 60+ point winners.

Harris Andrews did some small good things, clearly looked a bit lost with the pace of the game but I thought he could hold his head high tonight.

Jaden McGrath keeps getting involved as well which is good.

Got inside 50 quite a bit tonight, just couldn't convert to put some scoreboard pressure on.

Last positive is that at least we don't have an aging list like Carlton.

Need to swap the Robinson for Robertson. Mitch is a clown.
Staker? Really we would be better of bringing in hammelmann and getting some games into him.
Clayes first good game for the year.
Andrews looked ok.
Dayne Beams had a lot of it but not many were effective disposals.
Thought Paps played well.
I think we need to look at bringing in Cutler and Golby can't do any worse.
Really missing Hanley, Rockliff,
merrett, harwood, Freeman would also be handy.

Not sure why we are rushing to extend Leppas contract.

All in all a pathetic effort that will be in all likelihood repeated next week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are a long way off it. A loooong long way.

Club needs to sort it out, and it requires a deeper examination than the "which kid should we scapegoat this week and which combination of players being dropped will make us world beaters" reactionary drivel we will no doubt see on here all week.

The whole team as a unit needs a serious reprogramming.

And we need more Daniel Riches. That kid has some heart.

Inside 50 count was better but really hard to know where to go from here, we dropped 4 players and got a very similar effort level.

Zorko was better tonight, Beams was solid, Stef tried hard, McGrath/Andrews did some nice things, thought Paparone bounced back a bit from last week while being iffy, Rich was alright. But it's more the team as a whole dropping away than individual players being disappointing - our whole second halves seem to be red time lately (and it wasn't the case in round 1 so it makes it even harder).

Long road ahead.

Need to swap the Robinson for Robertson. Mitch is a clown.
Staker? Really we would be better of bringing in hammelmann and getting some games into him.
Clayes first good game for the year.
Andrews looked ok.
Dayne Beams had a lot of it but not many were effective disposals.
Thought Paps played well.
I think we need to look at bringing in Cutler and Golby can't do any worse.
Really missing Hanley, Rockliff,
merrett, harwood, Freeman would also be handy.

Not sure why we are rushing to extend Leppas contract.

All in all a pathetic effort that will be in all likelihood repeated next week.
Claye was brilliant rnd 1

Yeah, Beams racked the disposals up but had no impact whatsoever. Need more boys giving him a chop out so he can push forward and be a goal threat like back in his Collingwood days.

I think when Rockliff and Hanley are back we'll start to see the best of Beams as he adjusts. His clearance work was solid enough given the performance I reckon.

We really lack leadership at the moment. We're learning how important Pearce and Rocky are to our performance - structurally and as communicators. Rich has stepped up and Zorko to an extent tonight but other than that... Bitterly disappointing start to the season and it's hard to see things changing any time soon

I swear I saw a different game compared to some of you, sure we lost, but there are some clear improvements from the past couple of weeks.

Four really important stats were equal-ish.. inside 50's (until that last quarter), contested possession, tackles and clearances.

We lost through dumb errors, and a weak forward line. One will improve with experience, the other is my main concern.

Both McStay and Andrews (He is only just 18, not bad) showed glimpses of the future, Staker was better than the NAB games...

The blowout scoreline was not a true reflection of the game. In my opinion.

That five or so minutes of dropped marks, turnovers and general terribleness in the second quarter really hurt.

Rich is a freak. He has the cleanest and most damaging disposal at our club even after sitting out the majority of last season. Unbelievable.

Seriously did anyone else see that guy towards the front of section 68 absolutely lose his s**t in the fourth quarter?

Screaming that McStay is f***ing crap and then screamed (with kids in the vicinity) that the whole team are "f***ing useless c***s". Then he stormed out when someone tried to calm him down.

Haven't seen a fan meltdown like that in years. Totally inappropriate and over the top.

Back