Review Round 3, 2015 - Brisbane Lions vs Richmond

Who were your five best players for the round 3 game against Richmond?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not sure the "bomb it to Green" panic-plan is helping the little guy, either.

Think he thrives when we can either get it in quickly and efficiently or where we have a proper KPF making a contest and bringing the ball to ground. When we bomb the defenders have way to much time to counter and set up.

Think he thrives when we can either get it in quickly and efficiently or where we have a proper KPF making a contest and bringing the ball to ground. When we bomb the defenders have way to much time to counter and set up.

100% agree. It's a real shame we never got to see a forward line of Close, Freeman and McStay this season. Our mozzies would thrive off those crumbs.

100% agree. It's a real shame we never got to see a forward line of Close, Freeman and McStay this season. Our mozzies would thrive off those crumbs.

Crumbs for days.

Greens main method of kicking goals is when he can get it over he back which requires the quick ball movement. He's a very average crumber but goes alright on the lead if he has some space to lead into.

Reading Fatcat08 and Kevvo earlier I was reminded of the psychology of the Great Depression ... how the fear of being burned leeches your confidence and eventually the whole place goes down in a sea of lack of confidence ( James North )

Remember how Rocky is just so good at putting the ball right where another player should be to receive it to best advantage and as a result those players tend to go to those places with an expectation of success ... and that success breeds more confidence just like what we have been doing lately saps it.

If I expect someone to be running into space I will be looking for it and will send the ball to where they will be - if I expect that no one will be moving I will either send it to a contest forward or make it someone else's problem sideways or backwards.

If I put an effort and am rewarded I tend to repeat - if I am continually ignored ... well those sharing the forward line over the last few years were all we could see was Browny know what happens there.

Green will come good when he is playing the opportunist / crumber - right now he is felling like a KPF and is *not* comfortable with the role or the responsibility.

Hopefully we get a mental circuit breaker sooner but if we don't I suspect that just having Rockliff and Hanley both back on field will have a synergistic effect (which will most likely mean we win games at the end of the season *again* ...

We *know* these guys have better skills than this - we *know* they have stronger hearts than this - we *know* they don't want to play this way ... our team is depressed right now and unfortunately most of the anti-depressant drugs would be against the code ... and I don't think we could even lose the paperwork properly they way we are doing everything else atm <- kidding

Can we get whatisname back who was our sports psychologist back in the day? Just for a little while?

I wonder if Redden might be carrying a niggle?

His TOG% on Saturday was almost 6% down on last years average and if you exclude his first season - falls into bottom four of his career.

He hurt himself during the third, got his leg caught under a player and limped straight off but did come back on during the fourth

Watched a little bit of the match on repeat. Really not as bad as it seemed in the moment when watching live at the game. Its funny how some perceptions of players can be coloured by overall team performance. I found I probably rated some players too harshly.

Alternatively, I would like to see how Freeman (CHF), McStay (FF) and Luey (FF/ruck) would work

Yeah, I like the look of this. That way you have two legitimate marking targets and Leuey as the contest creating type. Also means that Leuey could ruck for any forward stoppages as a result of it and Stef could set up as loose man back in defence.

Freeman had a lot of things to improve, but as a one-on-one marking target he showed some promise. Right now, we would dearly love a one-on-one marking target.

Yeah, I like the look of this. That way you have two legitimate marking targets and Leuey as the contest creating type. Also means that Leuey could ruck for any forward stoppages as a result of it and Stef could set up as loose man back in defence.

Freeman had a lot of things to improve, but as a one-on-one marking target he showed some promise. Right now, we would dearly love a one-on-one marking target.

Yep, Freeman impacts contests a lot more than McStay and Close imo

Back