Unofficial Preview Round 5 Early Thoughts - Sydney Swans v Fremantle Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a shame these threads always seem to get someone's nose out of joint. I always look forward to the friendly pregame banter. And Cockburn aren't the worst team going around.

I mean, they do owe all their recent success to us. Ross Lyon took Swans footy to St Kilda and called it Saints footy. Then he took it to Freo. And then poached Kirk to get a little more Swans into the Dockers. You're welcome Cockburn. A simple thanks will suffice.

Thanks

Are you blokes using the reverse psychology thing here ?

I am worried about this game.

You should be!

It's on our turf. I watched you live away from your comfort against the Hawks. To say your team was insipid that night is being generous.
I have no doubt that for the first half we will mix it well with you. Not sure what will happen after that when the Bloods spirit either kicks in or whether it was gone when Jude Bolton retired.
That is my only fear. not Freo or any other team.
Not even Buddy. My fear is whether we have some ticker when inevitably, Freo comes hard at us.

The ingredient that has been missing since late last year.

No, we need a forward line.

You can't call something one dimensional if it is not there.

And you can't kick midfield goals if the coach has instructed you to long bomb it into the nonexistent forward line.

The issue is the game plan. It sucks. We all know it sucks. The opposition knows it sucks. This random guy I saw on the street drunk was babbling on about it. He knew it sucked. The team is playing like they know it as well.
You have a forward line.. Not ideal, but you have franklin and small forwards. When pav cant play we make do with what weve got, midfielders kick more goals. How can you guys be so reliant on tippett and throw in the towel... I mean really !?!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Starting to feel for buddy, left the hawks who are playing magnificently and come across to a team who resemble a bottom 4 side. Freo defence to have a field day on us tomorrow. From what I've seen this year, I see no way we can kick a winning score against freo

Don't feel sorry for him. He gets good coin for his troubles apparently.

So is Sydney just a dry weather footy side? I think it is more in the head, rather than the weather conditions.
Simple way to fix it.
If it rains, Jetta sits in the stand under shelter. I'm sick of him switching off in those conditions.
That will automatically allow us to play with the same amount of players as the opposition.

I feel exactly how I felt going into the rnd 11 clash with the Saints in 2004. They were 10-0. We were so so. I had zero expectations. Turned out to be an scg ambush and a great game for us.

For those worrying about negativity: suck it up. Readjusting expectations and 'giving up' are very different things. GO SWANS.

Awesome weather here. 1-3 and we are no doubt on the back foot and more so if we drop this one. Have heard they have lost passion/hunger and the culture is dead etc etc , there is no better way being on the back foot and the media smashing ya week in week out and if they cant get up for this game and play for the jumper show passion/hunger for each other after all the s**t that's getting around well maybe there are issues because what more will it take for them to get the passion back and could be a long year. No excuses today , dry game , on the back foot and if you go 1-4 its a massive climb back so if there not crashing in showing fight well they might as well put the cue in the rack if there not willing to fight back regardless of the score board. Go Boys

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This game will either set our season up it up or destroy it.

If we win, we beat one of the hardest teams to penetrate and announce ourselves as still serious threats with Tippett, Reid and goodes to come in.

We lose and 2014 is over and we should blood as many players as possible

Beautiful looking day in Sydney. If it keeps up like this there won't be any wet weather excuses for losing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back