AFLW Round 5 Richmond v Fremantle, 1:05pm Fri 29/09 @ Ikon Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Is that Hoskings second hammy this season?
Did she miss first Rnd because of one?

If she did that’s bloody hopeless.

Thought Poppy was good in the third but then that fluffed chest mark in the last was a shocker.
Lynch around the stoppages in the third was good, I dunno why they didn’t keep going with that.
Would’ve won with Elle and a couple of good things from the new recruits.
Shevlin just isn’t hitting targets like she has, Reid unsighted.
Gabby looks like she could be a hit up player CHF took some good marks.
We just broke down going fwd.
Grieser really needs to keep hitting packs.

If Ellie isnt back for the next 2 matches we will miss finals. 6-4 would be touch and go to make it, prob need 7-3. Hard to see us beating Geelong in current form, weve been pretty awful apart from round 1. Even our preseason games were poor.

Last edited:
Haven’t watched a huge amount of AFLW, but every time I see Brennan play, I’m disappointed. Obviously has elite skills for the comp, but doesn’t do anywhere near enough.

Maybe she should play off half back?

Have only watched the 5mins or of highlights and I can't remember even seeing her - says enough!
She had 30p but not her normal level of influence, CJ missed two sitters from 20m out , g train a kick off ground in sq ,,, freo did deserve it tho they jumped us and made us look sec rate , too our credit we clawed away and with an ounce of luck could have snatched it

Haven’t watched a huge amount of AFLW, but every time I see Brennan play, I’m disappointed. Obviously has elite skills for the comp, but doesn’t do anywhere near enough.

Maybe she should play off half back?
She’s starting to get on a bit over 30 now and I think her marking ability is on the decline , still a great kick of the footy and would be high up on comp goal kicking ladder , don’t be too disappointed, pretty sure was AA last year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is that Hoskings second hammy this season?
Did she miss first Rnd because of one?

If she did that’s bloody hopeless.

Thought Poppy was good in the third but then that fluffed chest mark in the last was a shocker.
Lynch around the stoppages in the third was good, I dunno why they didn’t keep going with that.
Would’ve won with Elle and a couple of good things from the new recruits.
Shevlin just isn’t hitting targets like she has, Reid unsighted.
Gabby looks like she could be a hit up player CHF took some good marks.
We just broke down going fwd.
Grieser really needs to keep hitting packs.
Very injury prone the hoskos not sure they have that much left to offer to be brutally honest , Reid contested ability is literally non existent, 100% she ll lose it every time , love yassir developement, has a genuine crack can take a mark and kick a goal , we missed bec miller , If she can get back I’d use sheerin on ball , it’s our only hope ,,,Greg’s is a worry with her ball use

She’s starting to get on a bit over 30 now and I think her marking ability is on the decline , still a great kick of the footy and would be high up on comp goal kicking ladder , don’t be too disappointed, pretty sure was AA last year
Well said - gets lots of attention and gets worked over. That she keeps coming up week in week out despite the shocking delivery we give our forwards is a testimony to her.

Well said - gets lots of attention and gets worked over. That she keeps coming up week in week out despite the shocking delivery we give our forwards is a testimony to her.
Credit she is in great nic still moves well , just about all of her goals this year have been in play , prob best kick in W comp

Very injury prone the hoskos not sure they have that much left to offer to be brutally honest , Reid contested ability is literally non existent, 100% she ll lose it every time , love yassir developement, has a genuine crack can take a mark and kick a goal , we missed bec miller , If she can get back I’d use sheerin on ball , it’s our only hope ,,,Greg’s is a worry with her ball use
What was Wicksteed's role this week? I once throught that Sheerin would be the answer to our mids dilemma, but they way she plays off half back is just too valuable to give up - it's plugging a multi leaking dyke with a finger. We need to persist with Lynch and Wicksteed midfield - get games into them whilst both Hoskings and Ellie is out

What was Wicksteed's role this week? I once throught that Sheerin would be the answer to our mids dilemma, but they way she plays off half back is just too valuable to give up - it's plugging a multi leaking dyke with a finger. We need to persist with Lynch and Wicksteed midfield - get games into them whilst both Hoskings and Ellie is out
She’s looking quite solid , quickly about to overtake hosko value in the team , Sarah has done hammy . Woods did a few good things , nice kick of footy , not sure who comes in next

She’s looking quite solid , quickly about to overtake hosko value in the team , Sarah has done hammy . Woods did a few good things , nice kick of footy , not sure who comes in next
Tailor-made for a debut for Charley Ryan, but she's not ready yet.

That's what I mean

Ryan and Kiely played a scatch match this Friday on managed minutes, so no chance (round 6 at earliest)

JHosking gone for the season, probably D'Arcy as well.

Miller wont be ready next game, She had surgery Monday on finger injury, has her follow up appointment with the surgeon this week

SHosking done another hamstring could be season ending, depending how bad it is

Ellie at least another 2 weeks, maybe more

the emergencies Knoll and Peck are KP players and Train-on player Shannon Danckert (ex GCS) are it, no more fit players

the players and emergencies we had this week are the only players we have available.

GCS next game, could be season on the line as far as finals go

Remove this Banner Ad

Back