Review Round 6, 2024 vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

The handballs today were so awful, they cost us a lot of goals. Legit just getting that basic crap right stops some of the bleeding.
Tbh I thought even in the first qtr the skill level was terrible from both teams though we had the upper hand. I remember a sequence where we had 2 mongrel kicks from our defence to attack which led to a goal. Ironically probably our smoothest transition for the game as both shank kicks found an uncontested leading player.

You *ers realise he doesnt get paid for being on the board right? Lol

He has to be a politician as he is on the board. He absolutely doesnt go from untenable to ballcupping overnight. He will be steaming. Trust. Public front is different to behind the scenes - he isnt like Koch and Richo and their slimy *headedness also reflected in the boardroom. Tredrea is professional in the media as he is a board member, but he is 100% gonna be pushing the sack hinkleys during meetings.

Watch the club come out and be like REMEMBER 2023 UNTENABLE THEN WE WON A BILLION ON OUR WAY TO A FINALS BANGDOWN DONT WORRY SEE YOU AT THE FOOTY WOOHOO

1713607891997.png

Why is it that I can write this on Tuesday and here we are on Saturday night and its happened.

And why is it that we continuously get burnt by spuds? Do they spend hours trying to work out how to Daicos and nobody else.

Micro analysis doesn't work imo. The issue wasn't personnel. The issue was Collingwood were allowed to kick 8 goals straight without our coaches making any change to gameplan or the tempo.
Agreed particularly re tempo, which should have been at the forefront of discussions during the half time break, and it has been a huge problem throughout kern's tenure.

He has seldom attempted to slow a game down and deny the oppo the ball when they are on top, which when done properly can force them to reset and look for different ways to score.
Instead he hopes for individual efforts to change the course of a game, eg as recently as last week against Freo.

Virtually every time it's the old situation, ie if plan `A' doesn't work (or it stops working), it is usually game over very early in the 2nd half and the only interest left for us long suffering Port supporters is to hope the team's percentage won't take a huge smashing in the process.

Drew was absolutely terrible today. I don't think he has played a worse game. Fumbly, players running past him, going for hack kicks off the ground.
Port thought this game was going to be easy when they got the jump. Didn't think Collingwood would change gears and put on the afterburners on not long afterwards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed particularly re tempo, which should have been at the forefront of discussions during the half time break, and it has been a huge problem throughout kern's tenure.

He has seldom attempted to slow a game down and deny the oppo the ball when they are on top, which when done properly can force them to reset and look for different ways to score.
Instead he hopes for individual efforts to change the course of a game, eg as recently as last week against Freo.

Virtually every time it's the old situation, ie if plan `A' doesn't work (or it stops working), it is usually game over very early in the 2nd half and the only interest left for us long suffering Port supporters is to hope the team's percentage won't take a huge smashing in the process.

We’d have been better off losing that game, you learn more from a loss. Good sides( coaches) do.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I've been out today, purposely trying to avoid scorers. Walked past a tv at quarter time when we were up and the scores said it was impossible to lose. At least getting past the score board at 3 quarter time saved me heartbreak.

Is the "Hinkley is a good coach he's never finished below 11th" thread thriving yet?

Jesus ******* Christ wtf was that.

Indefensible

Midfield and defense were putrid.

Every week I look at our clearance leaders and so often we have so many players with 3-4 clearances and few to no standouts.

This weekend alone Cripps has had 13, Soligo 10, daicos had 8 against us. This week our leading clear winner had 5. Last week 4.

A skinny twig playing on the wing was 2nd for clearances for us today. We’ve got gun midfielders and a bunch of capable clearance winners so why? Who’s responsible for that? Hinkley or Carr?

And my god our defense. We keep adding players but it’s getting worse not better.

I know it wasn’t perfect before but at least it was organised. Yes we got beaten by taller kfs monstering our backs when they got good delivery but outside of that we were very well organised most of the time.

This is the most disorganised I’ve seen our defense since the carlile / pettigrew / surjan days.

Esava has had a few good moments but largely he’s been a bust. More often than not he’s getting in alirs way. Zerk was poor to average today but has had an alright season. We’ve completely got the wrong mix with the rest of the backline. I raised it as an issue that playing 3 talls might do that. Burtons having a career worst season. Jones is having one of the all time worst seasons by any port player. Farrell has been decent but now we’re super reliant on him as a backline general rather than being a component of a backline

I thought Bergman was having a decent game. Burgoyne was having a very good game I thought, arguably one of our best. Maybe his best game for us.

Sweet was a massive mistake. He was like the worst of lycett. And we managed to play soldo out of form.

Thought Mitch and Todd were decent. Made something out of limited chances and pretty efficient. Certainly more so than our fleet of smalls. Rioli spp Dbj just killed us more often than not when they got near the ball.

Wines mead and drew were just invisible. At least two of them have credits, ffs mead.. it’s not enough to play football for 5 mins each game.

I want a performance like that at home. The way the crowd simmered against Freo was ever so close to becoming hostility. We are on the precipice.

Hinks served up the Bulldogs Prelim and Russell Ebert Tribute Game in back to back home games, and within a matter of months he was being roundly praised for “putting Port back together”.

We’re essentially Christian Bale in The Big Short, half-baffled/half-incensed that we’re trapped in a fraudulent system and everyone is either in on it or completely oblivious.

Let's talk more about Marshall. Why doesn't he just buy a front row seat if he wants to lead that wide all the time and then spray shots all over the place? Any danger of standing up at some point and taking control of the forward line in Dixon's absence?

And yet, the inanimate carbon rod, the cardboard cut out, the oxygen thief, the inarticulate bogan, the fraud masquerading as a coach stood next to the bench emotionless, not even a change in facial expression, no anger, no motion to the runner to get Rioli off or even send a message out. Tell me what we're paying him sh*tloads of money for?
So you want Hinkley to start throwing things around on the boundary line? That makes him a better coach? I’d rather hear him talk about what went wrong and tell us how they’re going to fix it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back