Autopsy Round 7, 2024: Port Adelaide v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Never play Howard again

Quick search of "Howard" on this forum and the amount of excessive criticism let go is off the charts! I have to lol

At least i know most of us think it even if a certain sook doesn't like it. :D

Hey delete this too!

Yep this is the part that scares me the most. We are genuinely the only side in the comp without a potential star mid. Steele has been awesome this season but he isn't a damaging game winning type.
Owens and Poo I hope can become full time mids but unless we expose them to it it will never happen.
King is going to rot as a key forward with our game style and lack of mids.
We will never bottom out for 5 years.
How do we get that game winning mid?

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Top end is still our biggest issue. We have zero star quality players that win matches. Bont, Petracca, Danger, Cameron, Dusty etc all play or played footy that elevates their sides.

We need one of our kids to be an absolute star and keep finding them.

On 2024 form Darcy Wilson looks closest.

Easy to blame the list, but nobody thought it was that bad at the start of the year.
You are using the saints board for that judgement. Look at the media predictions before the season started, 11th to 16th was the most common territory and a couple 9th positions.

Saints board optimism is built on the foundation of the assumed improvement of a bunch of 21 year olds.

Agree man, the adjudicating of the game, the way everything is going now is just putrid. It feels to me like a lot of people are only still following the game for lack of alternatives and/or nothing better to do! The soul has been ripped out of our game, it's a basket case and a shadow of its former self.
Yep that’s how I feel
The whistle blows ….its a friggin lottery
4 umpires….games never been umpires worse
How you pay that jones one when it was out - even he thought it was out is stuffed
400+ more frees to Crows/Port at home over 10 seasons….whst more than that do you need to realise the game is in trouble
It’s actually impacting results so much it’s a turn off

Almost fell asleep watching that. Kick, mark, kick, mark, kick…..mark. No speed on the game, everyone’s scared to lose. It’s not good for our young players to be developed with this mindset.

Nobody thought we’d have this many injuries, debutants and people returning from injury at this point either.

We are one of the fittest teams around. The industry knows this, yet you don’t.

We have one of the best modern coaches around. The industry knows this, yet you don’t.

The earth is round, the industry knows this - what say you?

Just trying to gauge what you are like with the last question.
We don't have that many injuries. Crouch, Wood, Henry is about it. King has missed a couple.

The rest are borderline 22.

References to flat earth just make you look utterly ridiculous and expose how seriously offended you are at any suggestion Lyon is not performing.

The "industry knows". Thanks for the laugh, as if you have any idea what the industry knows🤣

I have eyes, and we sure AF are not fitter than other teams this year.

Agree man, the adjudicating of the game, the way everything is going now is just putrid. It feels to me like a lot of people are only still following the game for lack of alternatives and/or nothing better to do! The soul has been ripped out of our game, it's a basket case and a shadow of its former self.
Hence why I no longer watch. I've deleted all AFL apps, stopped following all AFL content on news/social media and never watch any footy on TV.

I only keep track through this forum occasionally because you're all funny bastards and, unlike St Kilda, this forum actually brings me joy.

Almost fell asleep watching that. Kick, mark, kick, mark, kick…..mark. No speed on the game, everyone’s scared to lose. It’s not good for our young players to be developed with this mindset.
Spot on. Game plan sucks. Would rather lose by 10 goals taking the game on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep this is the part that scares me the most. We are genuinely the only side in the comp without a potential star mid. Steele has been awesome this season but he isn't a damaging game winning type.
Owens and Poo I hope can become full time mids but unless we expose them to it it will never happen.
King is going to rot as a key forward with our game style and lack of mids.
We will never bottom out for 5 years.
How do we get that game winning mid?

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app
We have to either bottom out this year and hit with a high pick or meander around mid table and try score a free agent such as LDU or brayshaw. Doubt either will happen and we’ll be back rebuilding against an expansion club in 5 years.

We have to either bottom out this year and hit with a high pick or meander around mid table and try score a free agent such as LDU or brayshaw. Doubt either will happen and we’ll be back rebuilding against an expansion club in 5 years.
Bradshaw is not even close to a match winning mid. He's an above average accumulator. That's it.

P
that showed how important max is for us. Hammer and membrey offer next to nothing. Hopefully we can inject some spark in this team with a few inclusions such as Dow and hunter next week.

Wilson a shining light though, the boy is getting better every week.
Disagree with Hammer - 20 odd games as a key forward coming off a non existent pre season last year - busts his gut. If King had his grunt he would be the best forward in the game.

Members I think, unfortunately, might be just about at the end.

Wilson - yes!

We weren’t great. Handling errors, turnovers and slow play killed us. You don’t want to talk about umpiring but it just became blatant. Enough said.

I thought we would get killed so to lose by 10 points is I suppose a result. But then you think about our missed opportunities and what might have been. But they didn’t kick straight so I suppose we’re let off a bit. And their injuries. Although Roma was pretty incapacitated most of the game.

We had a very young team tonight. A few ticks there. Wilson particularly. Garcia kept Butters down for most of the game. Caminiti tried his guts out, Hastie looked ok despite Burgoyne burning him off a couple of times.

Be good to get a run at Marvel and get some soldiers back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back