VFL Round 8, 2018: Sandringham v Werribee - TBB Oval, Sunday 27th May, 2:00PM AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s got bugger all to do with courage...

Armo has it in spades, we know that, he always has had, but he’s slower than a period drama now and can’t bend over anymore. He’s getting 40 touches at VFL level because he’s an AFL-level talent, but also because the speed of the game suits him; it’s slower!

Armo is averaging 16.8 disposals at AFL level. His direct competitors, Luke Dunstan and Jack Steele, average 23.1 and 21.2 possessions respectively. Blake Acres averages 23.3 touches, and Seb Ross 28.3!

Ed Phillips plays a different role but is averaging 21.3, Sinclair similar on 18.6, and even Dan McKenzie had 13 in his first game back at the level, in a variety of roles. Playing part forward, Jack Newnes has proved more effective too.

With the season - and the team - where it is, unfortunately he’s being squeezed out. He’s been a warrior, but Father Time and a battle-worn body aren’t sentimental.

Barrels, what a great turn of phrase!

Have the greatest of respect for Armo, but he's done.
The melts on here on Thursday if he's named will be of epic proportions.

I'm sure what a few keyboard warriors on Big Footy will influence anything in reality.

Never indicated that it would, nor does anyone on here think they have any influence at all...but it won't stop the melts nevertheless :D

I think Connellan would play better at a higher level. He has good traits, quick, huge kick nice size.

Put him in a game where his spread is used and players can deliver to him. Might be a dangerous forward

I agree.

I think Walsh, sorry Connellan should definitely get a gig this season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bummed we had such a convincing win yet battle couldn't really cash in. Kinda game you'd hope he kicks 6 and demands a spot. won't be long till bruce is back in the mix and it's that much harder to get a gig

What more do you want him to do?
And who else could come instead?
At least he had a red hot crack after effectively being dropped. That's what you expect from a 1s player - to go back to Sandy and have a really good game.

Was at the game Punter and Armo is doneski, will prob play a game or two if Dunstan or Ross get injured but 40 possies doesn't account for much when I would say less than half hit a target or were effective. Minch had less of it but his impact was higher in my point of view so bettera off promoting him to play if it is going to be at HFF.
Armo should only come in if it is in a inside mid role, and we know with Richo only Steve, Ross, Dunstan and Steele get to attend centre bounces, we wouldnt want any creativity with our setups now would we??

Think Roma will come in for Carlisle this week and play CHB, but I feel he is a touch to big and slow to play against JK and Darling, would prefer to give Hugh a taste for a couple weeks and hopefully that fires him up to find some improvement

Was at the game Punter and Armo is doneski, will prob play a game or two if Dunstan or Ross get injured but 40 possies doesn't account for much when I would say less than half hit a target or were effective. Minch had less of it but his impact was higher in my point of view so bettera off promoting him to play if it is going to be at HFF.
Armo should only come in if it is in a inside mid role, and we know with Richo only Steve, Ross, Dunstan and Steele get to attend centre bounces, we wouldnt want any creativity with our setups now would we??

Think Roma will come in for Carlisle this week and play CHB, but I feel he is a touch to big and slow to play against JK and Darling, would prefer to give Hugh a taste for a couple weeks and hopefully that fires him up to find some improvement
I wasn't at the ground but watched it , do you think Goddard is more mobile than Roma ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back