Autopsy Round 8, 2024 : Hawks leash the Dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

This is the first game in years the leaders have stepped up, not the kids.
We have been bullied all year (even north bullied us), the leaders stepped up and threw their weight around to let the kids play their game. Even gunston - I've been critical of him not being an onfield coach given he's slowing down. Today he actually led, got the players making space, pushing up to be an option etc. His leadership impacted that game

Calsh Dear - needs to be in for the year. He hits the ball at the right spot (not overrunning it in flight). He also makes leads, which our forwards haven't done for years. Leads lead to frees (which he got for his second)

Meek is arguably our MVP this year. He's providing grunt in the middle. A few bruises to the oppo ruck and suddenly they aren't being a loose man for the rushed kick

Sicily - good to see him show some emotion after the game, clearly meant a lot to him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wiz missed a sitter but his pressure on the wing in a 2 on 1 which he equalised was elite.

If he doesn't break even in that contest there they rebound and we would have been toast.

Get around him he's special. Once he starts hitting it through the middle he's going to be smashing it.

2 scoring shots as a small forward in a quarter and bit of footy is elite.

Wait til we have a full team available

Well, I thought I'd pop on here early. Nup, 8 pages already
So proud of the team.
We can see the potential when we play like this. So much to like.
Calsher Dear is such a great story. Could have debuted with 3 or 4 goals, had 4 tackles and just kept presenting. Well done young fella.

A very well deserved win.

Dogs challenged us hard in the last quarter and we arrested the momentum twice and played it really smart to close the game out in the death. Terrific growth from the team.

Fantastic captain's game from Sicily. Put his body on the line constantly and definitely paid the price, and you could see how it lifted all his teammates to see him do it. Not the best look with his tantrum about Watson missing that certain sealer, but I can't say I wouldn't have let my frustration boil over if I was in his shoes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back