Toast Round 8 = Carlton 79-85 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Fly's presser

Fly makes an opening statement:

Well said. To the game, Nick's ability to burst from stoppage and win you the match?

Can I ask you about what you said at the start. Do you think football needs to do more than this symbolic gesture concerning violence against women?

So what can you do in a practical sense?

You mentioned Harvey Harrison earlier and Sullivan and others stepped up with winning the clearance battle despite missing De Goey and Mitchell. You must be so proud of that?

Have you seen a mature age debutant like Lachie Sullivan handle the occasion the way he did with his performance and kicking a goal on debut?

Do you have an issue with your starts after slow starts against Port and Essendon, and again tonight?

Yes, the first quarter?

Your pressure rating was 192 in the second quarter. Do you feel all the positives and everything you're trying to do revolves around exerting strong pressure?

Do you feel you're a better defensive team this year than last year?

When you talk about Lachie Sullivan and the energy he gives you, but what does a result like tonight give you? Can it be a springboard for your season?

Was there a part of you thinking you were heading for a second consecutive draw?

What about that last five minutes with arguably the two best sides of winning close games, did you wonder who was best at controlling the footy in the last five minutes?

There were a lot of individual goal kickers (12 goals overall) from your team tonight. That must be very pleasing?

On Nick Daicos, he's obviously achieved an incredible amount already in a short period of time, what do you think a moment like tonight does for him?

Is it just concussion for Beau McCreery or are you concerned about his jaw and cheekbone?

Is there any update on Jordan De Goey compared to what you told us earlier in the week?

Weird the journo included tonight's game as a slow start. I didn't think it was at all.

Definitely think this was our best win for the year. Played much more like I'd expect & want us too.

I watched the replay tonight.
What I observed:
1) HH. The 1%ers. Damn good!
2) Sullivan. Seasoned and cool. He stays.
3) Frampton, great effort to fight back from a rough start. He’s got grit.
4) Shultz puts on a heck of a lot of pressure. He’s manic. He’s maybe not kicking enough goals, but he’s a big out vs the Eagles.
5) McCreery was great in the guts. When he comes back, I want to see him more @ centre bounces.
6) Pendles is FAR from finished. Sidebottom is finished.

That was enjoyable. The Carlolton salty tears of inept rage are as awesome as usual. Left a 5 goal win out there imo with a couple of blown chances and a few bad misses but the ending makes it all the sweeter.

Cripps should play for the storm he is the master of the flick pass, also when the pressure goes on currnow goes missing. Cameron is the best forward in the league

Cameron choked big time last night.

Just commenting to say I'd like this post... if I could. Maybe next week.
Me too, What's the harm in a like.
Quite a few of their posts were intelligent and saw the loss and its causes for what they were.

I look forward to liking again in the near future.

from my Delorean

Just on the MRP review on the Bruzzy incident.

While it’s great news that he rightly got off and Owies was laughably slapped down by the panel for diving……

I have to ask why the MRP made any comment at all. Maynard was not remotely guilty of any offence… it wasn’t even marginal. I feel it’s just because it was Maynard that it drew a mention at all and if it was any other player it would not have drawn a review.

It probably wasn’t even a free tbh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just on the MRP review on the Bruzzy incident.

While it’s great news that he rightly got off and Owies was laughably slapped down by the panel for diving……

I have to ask why the MRP made any comment at all. Maynard was not remotely guilty of any offence… it wasn’t even marginal. I feel it’s just because it was Maynard that it drew a mention at all and if it was any other player it would not have drawn a review.

It probably wasn’t even a free tbh.
Any tackle like that is going to get mentioned. The media & social media would have been all over it non stop during the week.

I'm glad they came out asap & clarified why the MRO didn't charge him. As much as the AFL want to stamp out dangerous tackles resulting in concussions, they equally need to stop players diving head first into the ground.

Pendlebury’s kick was for space to kill time rather than trying to find the boundary. Very smartly weighted. Even though it trickled over the line the lead up player just got close enough. Despite Hodge’s angst last night there’s no rule saying a player has to kick the footy forward.
It’s not as if he kicked it sideways, he kicked it in a 45 angle to a flank into space….

And if it was intentional…. It just made the win even better 1714865911763.png

Any tackle like that is going to get mentioned. The media & social media would have been all over it non stop during the week.

I'm glad they came out asap & clarified why the MRO didn't charge him. As much as the AFL want to stamp out dangerous tackles resulting in concussions, they equally need to stop players diving head first into the ground.
There are 15 tackles like that every weekend. Ball player and tackler fall forward together.

But you’re right about media and social media… hence my exact point about it being Maynard not some 20 year old from the Gold Coast who would not get a mention in the media

Last edited:
Is anyone else still boosted from beating the scum? My whole week is going to change, nothing is going to bring me down.

By far the best thing to come out of this win, was from my missus who used to absolutely not give two f@cks about footy. When Owies kicked that goal in the 3rd from playing for that free and celebrated like the spanner he is, she goes, “I hope Carlton lose, I f*cking hate how arrogant they are!”.

I swear she was more happier than me after the final siren. That's never happened before. The following day (yesterday) she admitted to me that she's actually starting to enjoy footy a lot more now. I always have the footy on, even neutral games.

Now I've got an 18-month-old daughter that shouts, “Go Pies!” and “Goal!” every time the footy’s on, even when the Pies aren't playing. I know also have the missus who not only loves the Pies, but shares the same hate I have for the scum. Safe to say this is a happy household to be in.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

There are 15 tackles like that every weekend. Ball player and tackler fall forward together.

But you’re right about media and social media… hence my exact point about it being Maynard not some 20 year old from the Gold Coast who would not get a mention in the media
We'll have to agree to disagree. I think any tackle deemed dangerous and where the players head hits the ground will be scrutinized by the media/social media.. because most are confused about what is reportable & worthy of suspension AND most importantly why. They needed to clarify and they did asap.

Is anyone else still boosted from beating the scum? My whole week is going to change, nothing is going to bring me down.

By far the best thing to come out of this win, was from my missus who used to absolutely not give two f@cks about footy. When Owies kicked that goal in the 3rd from playing for that free and celebrated like the spanner he is, she goes, “I hope Carlton lose, I f*cking hate how arrogant they are!”.

I swear she was more happier than me after the final siren. That's never happened before. The following day (yesterday) she admitted to me that she's actually starting to enjoy footy a lot more now. I always have the footy on, even neutral games.

Now I've got an 18-month-old daughter that shouts, “Go Pies!” and “Goal!” every time the footy’s on, even when the Pies aren't playing. I know also have the missus who not only loves the Pies, but shares the same hate I have for the scum. Safe to say this is a happy household to be in.

This feeling lasts until we next meet them. And then the nerves set in again because it's so important to beat them.

Sorry for the intrusion but that was a great win. I went on Friday night first time I went to the footy since 2017 with my bloos supporting Mrs.

We were sitting next to the carlton cheer squad and I had absolute morons sitting behind me. Yelling and screaming every five seconds. Go Harry!!! Drove me nuts.

Whilst I couldn't really show my hatred of carlton because of the Mrs, I secretly fist pumped a few of your goals and I had a big grin at the siren.

Thanks Nick, you are a star 💪

We'll have to agree to disagree. I think any tackle deemed dangerous and where the players head hits the ground will be scrutinized by the media/social media.. because most are confused about what is reportable & worthy of suspension AND most importantly why. They needed to clarify and they did asap.
It’s the Bruzzy tax though.

I'm walking on sunshine, oh yeah...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back