round 8 ins and outs

Remove this Banner Ad

Just heard on the tv up here in Brisbane that Clark Keating is going to miss the match against the Crows.

Bradshaw also wasn't named in their team.

Only leaves Merret & Wood as their talls.

No Jared Brennan, Jamie Charman, Clarke Keating, Beau McDonald & Tom Logan in this team.

I smell a win for the Crows. :)

Jars458 said:
Trying to get a kick for the Roosters. Though Jericho hasn't done much better but at least he's a bit younger.

I was hoping the Count would be back myself.

You checked Ladhams' recent games? He's been racking up kicks AND goals. Probably better and more consistent form than Jericho, has only had 1 average game.

Jars458 said:
Trying to get a kick for the Roosters. Though Jericho hasn't done much better but at least he's a bit younger.

I was hoping the Count would be back myself.
Might be the end for Ladhams as he is playing in a winning side and jehrico aint so you would think ladhams is getting more of the ball than Luke.

Brisbane's Ins & Outs

A TV Report on Channel Ten Brisbane

Ins Josh Drummond, Daniel Merrett
Outs Clark Keating, Joel McDonald

Stiffy_18 said:
Not surprised by the changes but I don't agree with them.

I would have brought in Ladhams instead of Doughty but we all know Dogga is NC's love child :rolleyes:

But I reckon they brought in Doughty as a direct replacement for Johncock. Ladhams was never going to play that role and if it wasn't Doughty it probably would have been van Berlo.

But I feel the same as you, I would have liked to see Ladhams get a game somehow.

**** said:
But I reckon they brought in Doughty as a direct replacement for Johncock. Ladhams was never going to play that role and if it wasn't Doughty it probably would have been van Berlo.

But I feel the same as you, I would have liked to see Ladhams get a game somehow.
fair point and I agree but its just that I feel that Doughty has been our biggest passenger so far this year. He had one REALLY good game and one shocker but the other games have been average.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who else do we have to replace Johncock?
No one.

Good on Dogga. I dont know why people regard him as Craigs golden haired boy :confused:

I agree his game against Collingwood (i think) was a shocker but there are others who havent deserved thier spot ahead of him; such as Begley.

Disappointed that either Stevo or Fergus didn't get a guernsey, but oh well, maybe going in with a smaller forward line (as the Doggies did) might be the way to go. Surely Welsh and Trent are due for good games! :eek:

I notice that the Lions have 6 players with less than 10 games experience each. Sherman, Adcock, Moody, Selwood, Merrett and Drummond. This is definitely a plus for us.

However, it's quickly offset by the fact that we never seem to curtail the brilliance of Lappin, Voss, Black and Akermanis, and they are all there tomorrow night.

Still think we'll get over the line in a tight one. Rain is forecast for tomorrow.

Posted this on another thread that isnt as popular as this one. Anyway...

Im pretty disappointed with the side named. One possitive inclusion with Jericho, but thats it. Pretty gutless effort at the selection table this week. It seems the necessity to take some risks and make things happen only applies to the players. The coaching staff can take the careful, low risk and probably low return option every time. Seriously, we're playing against one of the best defensive groups going round and we name a forward line that looks impotent, and has in recent weeks lived up to its potential. If we lose this week, I think it will be a defining game in our season. The week we needed to inject some attacking flair, we took the defensive option. I'm tipping we wont kick more than 8-10 goals again. Hope Browns having a bad night or he might out score us on his own.

Not happy. :mad:

I think that the selection panel and the coaching staff have a well defined plan of what they want to achieve this season and are not going to make mass changes. I think that the the club is showing resolve and are keeping to a plan.

So far we are seeing a much better effort from the club on and off field this season. The forward line has been a worry for the crows over the last few years and it may just take a year or two before we see some consitant improvement in this area.

Crowked said:
Posted this on another thread that isnt as popular as this one. Anyway...

Im pretty disappointed with the side named. One possitive inclusion with Jericho, but thats it. Pretty gutless effort at the selection table this week. It seems the necessity to take some risks and make things happen only applies to the players. The coaching staff can take the careful, low risk and probably low return option every time. Seriously, we're playing against one of the best defensive groups going round and we name a forward line that looks impotent, and has in recent weeks lived up to its potential. If we lose this week, I think it will be a defining game in our season. The week we needed to inject some attacking flair, we took the defensive option. I'm tipping we wont kick more than 8-10 goals again. Hope Browns having a bad night or he might out score us on his own.

Not happy. :mad:

I couldn't agree with you more! If we are brutally honest with ourselves, our attack has been fairly impotent for 3 to 4 years now. We keep throwing up the same names hoping they will come good (either by form or overcoming injury) but alas we are still labouring in our forward line. I, like everyone have been excited by some of our performances so far this season, but I feel we were somewhat exposed last week, with our goal scoring ability. If the results in the next 2 weeks don't go our way, I would hope the AFC starts playing the younger group and exposing them to senior game time. If you look at some of the other clubs they have blooded alot of new players this season and so far it hasn't hurt them, in fact, I think it has provided some teams impoteus(sic) and encouragement for their futures. Its could well be time for the AFC to begin making the change.
In my Opinion anyway.... ;)

KingAragorn said:
The forward line has been a worry for the crows over the last few years and it may just take a year or two before we see some consitant improvement in this area.

or it will never improve if there arent any changes made.

I'm sick to death of the lip service the coaching panel are giving in their non attempts to improve the team. IMO, they have done nothing. Playing the same old players week in week out regardless of their poor to average performance. Doughty for Begley? next week it will be Begley for Doughty. No value, short term or long term. If your not going to play your dangerous forwards like M.Stevens or Ladhams at least play the young guys like VB or Watts, not bring back the known to be very average again. We are going to get to the end of the season, finish mid table for a no mans land draft pick and have blooded no one. I'm starting to think NC is full of ............!

KingAragorn said:
I think that the selection panel and the coaching staff have a well defined plan of what they want to achieve this season and are not going to make mass changes. I think that the the club is showing resolve and are keeping to a plan.
Cant fault that. They live by the sword , they die by the sword.

So far we are seeing a much better effort from the club on and off field this season.
Off the field certainly. On the field? I think our back 6 and the improvement from our second tier is great. I think our forward line is dysfunctional.
The forward line has been a worry for the crows over the last few years and it may just take a year or two before we see some consitant improvement in this area.
Didnt they say this 2 years ago? My philosophy is one of equality. If Player Welsh hs had 5 bad games , then what difference in effort will Player Jericho/Watts/Meeson provide? BUT my philosophy is that at least with player JWM they are learning their craft. As was posted in another thread why have 2 22 year olds not had a game yet? I can understand with ruckmen as they tend to develop later( but I see this as a copout sometimes) but if a club and a coach are always looking ahead, then every player SHOULD get a game this year. How can you ascertain Matthew Smiths abilities at AFL level if he doesnt play a game?

topjars said:
Dogga played a good game tonite against Brisbane as did Biglands.
So to all you critics out there... :p

And as for the coaches Golden Haired boy macca23, Reilly will be lucky if he's picked next week :D

Very ordinary game from Reilly tonight, TJ. He'll have to lift.

Good game from Doughty - did a lot right and didn't do much wrong at all tonight.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back