Round 9 A-LEAGUE DISCUSSION THREAD (Starts Thurs)

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 24, 2008
MuMuLand
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Celtic, West Perth, Glory, S'Roos
SYDNEY FC V PERTH GLORY
Thurs 7.30pm EST @ SFS

CENTRAL COAST MARINERS V MELBOURNE VICTORY
FRI 7.40pm EST @ North Sydney Oval

NEWCASTLE JETS V WELLINGTON PHOENIX
SAT 2pm EST @ Hunter Stadium

ADELAIDE UNITED V WESTERN SYDNEY WANDERERS
SAT 4.30pm EST @ Hindmarsh

MELBOURNE CITY V BRISBANE ROAR
SUN 5pm EST @ AAMI Park

Who would have thought the ladder would look like this heading into round 9?

Perth 19
Melbourne Victory 18
Adelaide 17
Sydney 16
Wellington 12
Brisbane 7

Central Coast 6
Melbourne City 6
Newcastle 4
Western Sydney 3

Amazing season thus far.

It's amazing isn't it. I thought we'd be 6 points clear.

Dry :D

In all seriousness, after 7 completed rounds who would have thought both of last year's grand finalists would have been outside the top 6? Let alone one on the bottom of the ladder, and the other close to it?

Also, with all the promises coming from across town, who would have thought a David Villa led Melbourne City would have one win to its name after 8 rounds?

It's the best opening to a season and not just because we're actually doing something. The quality has been a step up as has the support and coverage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To quote those great prophets 'Queens of the Stone Age' I think I just lost my headache.

Awful game by both teams but, man, justice rides a black horse. First win against those FFA backed biased *s in Sydney since 2008. We're not going anywhere trendsetters.

To quote those great prophets 'Queens of the Stone Age' I think I just lost my headache.

Awful game by both teams but, man, justice rides a black horse. First win against those FFA backed biased ****s in Sydney since 2008. We're not going anywhere trendsetters.

Can't wait until 2nd of Jan!!! We going to see some Glory crowds as big as the old days?

Nah. Even in the last few years of the NSL crowds were 10-11,000. The novelty worse off with a few. The old days of a packed shed and all that are gone and not coming back. The A-League is a different beast.

10846265_10152401936837261_589045283682637760_n.jpg

I love this photo for so many reasons. Smeltz was a dog for the way he celebrated that penalty last night. He wasn't seen otherwise the mercenary 2001 haircut *. Compare that to Keogh.

With Melbourne Victory's understandable and very public concern over the playing surface, there will be hell to pay if a player receives an injury attributable to the playing surface tonight.

With Melbourne Victory's understandable and very public concern over the playing surface, there will be hell to pay if a player receives an injury attributable to the playing surface tonight.
Amazing that nothing has been said by anyone than Musky. If we were playing on that pitch id be livid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back