Prediction Round 9: Changes Vs Sydney Swans + prematch discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lobb has been our key in the past few wins against the Swans, they hate his height and he loves playing them

Unfortunately we won't have him
Keep the faith. In the 2022 Round 18 game against Sydney which we, lost Lobb kicked 1.4

Amiss will do better than that.

Hey GB. Hope you are well. I bought a ticket too. When you go into ticketek and open the match to book. Click “find tickets”, and then when it asks what category of ticket, select “opposition supporters”. And I think it’s bay 2 from memory

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
hi, simmo! I was thinking of getting the interstate membership as they are coming again for the gws game. If I do that, does it allocate to the opposition bay automatically? Haven’t done this before as in Adelaide, I got free tix with the cheer squad.

Think everyone is getting a bit too confident after we beat up a terrible hawks who were missing both jiath and breust

Could be a back down to earth moment on Saturday

Swans get Hickey back who is better than ladhams and if they were to ever miss a kpd, it's this week against us

Sydney are backs against the wall atm and this Buddy Boo saga likely energises them in a big way. imo we'll get jumped in the first qtr and spend the rest of the game futilely playing catch-up, but if we turn up in the first then I suppose anything is possible. If it's close when fyfe comes on we'll win

Sydney are backs against the wall atm and this Buddy Boo saga likely energises them in a big way. imo we'll get jumped in the first qtr and spend the rest of the game futilely playing catch-up, but if we turn up in the first then I suppose anything is possible. If it's close when fyfe comes on we'll win
Don’t say that, I have a 2-2 win loss record when I watch live games away (includes 2x 89 point drubbings at AO during the Ross era), i don’t know if I can brave the rain for a thumping. 😬

The Swans were pretty good against the Pies for three quarters so we just have to start well and keep the hammer on, if that’s at all possible

Edit. Or what Righteo said

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Swans were pretty good against the Pies for three quarters so we just have to start well and keep the hammer on, if that’s at all possible

Edit. Or what Righteo said

Shots on goal for Sydney against Collingwood:
  • Q1 - 3 (1 goal) -
  • Q2 - 10 (4 goals)
  • Q3 - 2 (0 goals)
  • Q4 - 3 (1 goal)

For Collingwood
  • Q1 - 10 (4 goals)
  • Q2 - 2 (1 goal)
  • Q3 - 5 (2 goals)
  • Q4 - 7 (5 goals)

They were well beaten in three out of four quarters but smashed it in the 2nd quarter. They weren’t really in the game otherwise - Their second quarter was so good it papered over the cracks that was the 1st and 3rd quarters.

Can’t let them control the game for a quarter. They’re genuinely one of the most underperforming teams in the league the last month - there’s no reason we shouldn’t be competitive. Having said all that this season probably prepares us all for disappointment.

unsurprisingly we beat the weakest team in the league last week and we looked good doing it. Swinging between pragmatic and expecting to be shown this week we are off the pace, and glimmers of hope that the win got us back into synergy and form like WC and Hawthorn did for Geelong in the early rounds.

We've picked the strongest team we possibly could and our sub is fitter than he was last week so we're improved. Playing away and against better opposition will obviously make it harder to win, but we've at least given ourselves the best chance at the selection table.

We've picked the strongest team we possibly could and our sub is fitter than he was last week so we're improved. Playing away and against better opposition will obviously make it harder to win, but we've at least given ourselves the best chance at the selection table.
Swap Sturt for Banfield and I agree

Shots on goal for Sydney against Collingwood:
  • Q1 - 3 (1 goal) -
  • Q2 - 10 (4 goals)
  • Q3 - 2 (0 goals)
  • Q4 - 3 (1 goal)

For Collingwood
  • Q1 - 10 (4 goals)
  • Q2 - 2 (1 goal)
  • Q3 - 5 (2 goals)
  • Q4 - 7 (5 goals)

They were well beaten in three out of four quarters but smashed it in the 2nd quarter. They weren’t really in the game otherwise - Their second quarter was so good it papered over the cracks that was the 1st and 3rd quarters.

Can’t let them control the game for a quarter. They’re genuinely one of the most underperforming teams in the league the last month - there’s no reason we shouldn’t be competitive. Having said all that this season probably prepares us all for disappointment.

They were good for a quarter against Collingwood
They were competitive in all three quarters without being damaging on the scoreboard. We still have to compete first and from the get-go. If we can’t match them they will get enough inside 50s to build scoreboard pressure

If anyone thinks Sydney are going as poorly as we are this year then they haven't been watching the Swans. They could easily be 5 and 3 but for a couple of kicks, and they weren't that bad last week. We have a chance, but it's more about Sydney's confidence being shot as opposed to us playing good footy - we haven't really done that all year so i'm not holding my breath.

Swap Sturt for Banfield and I agree

Like it or hate it Banfield gives us a better chance of winning this week that Sturt does.

Realistically Sturt outside his debut and a five minute burst against the Bulldogs hasn’t really shown he’s belonged at AFL level.

He has more potential to be a better player than Banfield which is a completely different argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back