Prediction Round 19: Changes Vs Sydney Swans + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

You have seen Reidy play yeah?
I havent but he’s the next cab off the rank ruckman on our list. If he can halve the contest that’s plenty.. I’m not sure we should be asking Jackson to ruck all day in a season that’s done.

IMG_3821.jpeg

So an average of 67.5 games for our 23. That sort of inexperience will definetely be a factor regardless of what anyone says. It’s not an excuse it’s reality

Age compared
A bigger deal needs to be made about this.

For 2 reasons:

1. It's why the season has been below expectations - teams as young as us typically don't perform.

2. List management deserves heat for having us in this position 7 years into a rebuild.

For 2 reasons:

1. It's why the season has been below expectations - teams as young as us typically don't perform.

2. List management deserves heat for having us in this position 7 years into a rebuild.
Its why a team like Geelong makes finals every year, they bring in players specifically for need and make sure they have lost of experience in the team. Mind you it is a lot easier to sign Isaac Smith to a 2 year deal in Geelong then it is is to try and convince him to move to the other side of the country.

For 2 reasons:

Majority of our list issues re age and experience stem from list management pre rebuild though.

It’s all spilt milk now but Acres and Logue are the losses that continue to bite for mine.
Acres for me. I’ve seen Logue play for North and don’t think he offers really all that much more than cox and Pearce. Where’s Acres offered a lot defensively as a winger that no one else in our team does.

Acres aint that much. Our biggest loss by far has been Brodie, he was huge last year and is nowhere this year. Our contested ball dominance by our mids is gone.
Acres and Logue only feel like big losses because NOD and Chapman have been out/out of form all season due to injuries, we thought we had those positions covered.
The coaches (Corey) not being able get the midfield to work with Brodie and JOM in it was not accounted for in the list management decisions being made at the end of last year and has hurt our game plan immensely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back