Prediction Changes: Round 11 Vs Melbourne Demons + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I had marked down a Jeremy Cameron masterclass when I saw Ryan on him. Too slow, too short, not agile enough. It just didn’t make sense. Heart just sank. Was also about to get my pitchfork out for JL. But he was great… so if it’s Ryan to Fritsch, then so be it 😬
Shouldn't be that surprising though given his best year was when he won an AA playing as an undersized KPD in 2020. He has a fat arse that makes him really difficult to dislodge under the high ball.

As much as I love having Johnson in, I would have preferred to have replaced Walters with an actual forward and not an extra mid. Why Sturt isn't playing is beyond me. We are basically two goals + worse off without Sonny.

Hope Erasmus is sub or Brodie

Both will provide the drive we need in the last quarter

As much as I love having Johnson in, I would have preferred to have replaced Walters with an actual forward and not an extra mid. Why Sturt isn't playing is beyond me. We are basically two goals + worse off without Sonny.
Unless we see those goals as a result of better ball movement and i50 connection, so it won't matter who's on the end of them.

Not sure I agree.

Luke Ryan was on radio with Adam Papalia last night where the defensive efforts of Walker was raised and Luke both noted that (whilst the club was really happy with his defensive work) Walker was getting less of the ball and rebounding like he used to and that was something they were looking to address.

Other interesting point I found was that Ryan expects either to go to Frischt or Van Rooyen on Saturday.
He gets owned by Fristch. Always tries to talk, but Bayley is unshakeable in that aspect.

Wouldn’t have minded Emmett or Corbett.
Colyer would’ve been a safe call, he’s handy with his speed. But probably too much time out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As neither is on the plane, it ain’t gonna happen.

Glad Worner on the flight, reward for playing well. Sturt will be sub.

Although I’d like to see Worner as sub. Debut at the MCG.

Ok won't happen

Not sure why though as Brodie monstered the last game he was sub

Yeah should have been Sturt in the fwd line with a mid as sub.

Really don't get the selectors sometimes, we have a natural fwd who can kick goals and we refuse to play him

Yet we have our no.1 whipping boy who’s apparently a spud role player kicks more goals than the player that apparently is a natural forward and kicks goals.

If you were sitting in the stands last week you would’ve seen Banfield and Frederick start some centre bounces on the wing. That tells me our team is a midfielder short. Johnson was very good when he came in last week. It was the only realistic option.

Johnson and Erasmus are the future, whilst Sturt has so far been nothing but false hope. Erasmus should be on the plane instead of Sturt imo.

I would've played Sturt for Walters, that's as like for like as you can get

Both left footers

Both great skills

Both decent aerially

Both leadup forwards

Both good on the ground

Sturt is my long term Walters replacement, kind of weird we don't do a straight swap here

Both left footers

Both great skills

Both decent aerially

Both leadup forwards

Both good on the ground

Sturt is my long term Walters replacement, kind of weird we don't do a straight swap here
It’s not a straight swap though.
It’s Sturt for Banfield. Probably also why Corbett isn’t getting a mention. Those 3 are in the same group.

The lack of small forward craft is concerning. Would’ve have minded Stubbs as a preseason pick.

Both left footers

Both great skills

Both decent aerially

Both leadup forwards

Both good on the ground

We‘ve played a midfielder short and an extra forward the last three games.

It seemed to be okay when Fyfe was sub but last week Banfield started several centre bounces on the wing (it was at least five). Frederick is probably more of a natural winger than Banfield but he’s also a best 22 forward - he started there 2-3 times as well. Fyfe obviously went forward at times whilst Erasmus didn’t so that thrown things out just a touch imo.

An extra mid better balances the team and we’ve got two very talented second year mids that’ll be a big part of our future.

Johnson has earned his chance in the best 22. Was building very nicely before the suspension and did very well as the sub last week. We almost wouldn’t be rewarding performance if we overlooked him. Having said that Erasmus didn’t deserve to go out either.

It’s not a straight swap though.
It’s Sturt for Banfield. Probably also why Corbett isn’t getting a mention. Those 3 are in the same group.

The lack of small forward craft is concerning. Would’ve have minded Stubbs as a preseason pick.

I don’t think this board appreciates just how good Schultz, Frederick and Switta actually are tbh.

Whilst they’re not in the AFL’s elite there’s many teams that’d dream of having those three and Walters all in their team each week.

If we lose on Saturday these guys won’t be the reason - as group they’ve performed every game this year even if one of them has had a bad game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back