Unofficial Preview Round 9: Early Thoughts Thread vs Carlton - Friday Night Lights at the SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have it in for Hanners?
Trade him for draft picks. He look like he needs a rest.
Of all the people that look like they need a rest Hanners is not one of them. Did you see him in the last minute still busting a gut to get to space?

He rate Hanners in a huge way.

I will leave the trading discussion to the appropriate thread.

Hanners seems like he is always being physically targeted by the opposition. He is copping plenty of punishment each week. He bravely keeps on running and working his butt off.

Why not give him the gift of rest to ease those bruises and aches and strains.

Resting him against Carlton may freshen him up to such a degree that he gets 50 possessions, 15 tackles and 6 goals against the Suns.

Resting is arrogant maybe, managing players bodies is not, exposing depth is not

We could do worse than give some games to our kids just in case

Hate to get to a final have pyke do a knee and throw naismith in to the fold under the pump

He rate Hanners in a huge way.

I will leave the trading discussion to the appropriate thread.

Hanners seems like he is always being physically targeted by the opposition. He is copping plenty of punishment each week. He bravely keeps on running and working his butt off.

Why not give him the gift of rest to ease those bruises and aches and strains.

Resting him against Carlton may freshen him up to such a degree that he gets 50 possessions, 15 tackles and 6 goals against the Suns.

You are entitled to your opinion but your suggestions about both the trade deal and resting Hanners are so far off the mark to be ridiculous.

Unless Franklin has a serious injury and requires a week of rest, I would play him into form. Could get 10 this week.

OUT: Shaw, Pyke
IN: Jones, Naismith

Both as "rested" but Jones to play well and keep Shaw out.

I agree with this, its a perfect opportunity to get both Franklin and Tippo into some goal kicking form. Resting Pyke is a good idea however I don't think a player like Shaw will benefit from a rest, I reckon he needs continuous footy. I thought he was OK last night. McVeigh may miss so an opportunity for Marsh or Jones may present?

Resting is arrogant maybe, managing players bodies is not, exposing depth is not

We could do worse than give some games to our kids just in case

Hate to get to a final have pyke do a knee and throw naismith in to the fold under the pump

Naismith had a pretty brutal initiation got absolutely smashed by Maric, was horrific to watch.

Just read a report that Luke Beverage would be talking to Tom Boyd and Marcus Bontepelli about how their bodies are feeling and that it may be time to give them a spell. Honeychurch had a rest this week.

Why are so many posters so dead set against resting players?

If you look at the Swans players who look like they need a spell you would probably nominate the following:

Franklin
Pyke
Lloyd
Rohan
Hannanbery

Why don't we mange our season sensibly? Carlton may not even have Judd and Gibbs. Once Mglynn has hararrassed Murphy, there is not much left.

This is who we could bring in:

Naismith
B. Jack
Jones
Towers
Hiscox (Sub)

Mick Maldhouse did compliment our depth last season. Let's show him our depth.

Well if Luke Beveridge is saying it...:rolleyes:......you are comparing two rookie players with seasoned players like Franklin, Pyke and Hannebery so whilst resting players is an option, ours may be for different reasons. I don't believe in messing with too much. We still have a fair bit to bed down and these games are a perfect opportunity to do it. We will have a forced out with McVeigh, Pyke could have a rest, but unless there is injury, leave the rest along imo. The opportunity will be to blood a backman...

..we have had plenty in the past complain about a lack of ruthlessness....here is a game where we can be absolutely ruthless with our best in. Injuries are a risk in any game, what's the difference if they get injured against Carlton? If they get injured, they get injured...then we can test our depth.

..we have had plenty in the past complain about a lack of ruthlessness....here is a game where we can be absolutely ruthless with our best in. Injuries are a risk in any game, what's the difference if they get injured against Carlton? If they get injured, they get injured...then we can test our depth.

Being ruthless against quality isn't quite the same as downhill skiing.

Won 22 of the last 28 v Carlton i believe since 1995, been a complete domination for almost two decades

When i was a kid felt like they always beat us too the arrogant flogs, then they tried to kill us off too pricks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Won 22 of the last 28 v Carlton i believe since 1995, been a complete domination for almost two decades

When i was a kid felt like they always beat us too the arrogant flogs, then they tried to kill us off too pricks
Fully expect a massive write up about Sydney being Carlton's curse team like Fox Footy did with us this week before the Hawks game.

No resting, Franklin actually needs a game where he can kick a bag anyway. The only thing I will advocate is possibly off a flank (e.g. Parker, JPK, Mitchell) just to give them an easier week. Possibly look to put Cunningham back in the NEAFL and give a debut to Robinson/Hewett as the sub and for the sub to play half a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back