Royals thread Forever Boys

Remove this Banner Ad

Carn the Royals, really good win yesterday against a team we don't have a great recent-record against :thumbsu:

Fingers & toes that we continue this great form for the rest of 2012 - do so and our 18th flag is within reach.

I think we're all playing for 2nd to be honest. Claremont look head-and-shoulders above the rest.

Don't forget the Sharks (currently 2nd) knocked off Claremont, as did Subi, who we beat, so there not invincible.

They have nine AFL listed players not in either West Coast or Fremantle's best 25, which adds to their depth that already boasts Blackwell, Mitchell, Jones, Richardson ect

Claremont's spread of goalkickers is scary. We can't compete with that.

I would still back us to beat them in a final tho, definitely their bogey team.

Speaking of, it was our first win since 04 against the Dogs!

Peel should b a percentage booster this weekend. Calling stats at all 3 games so should have something to report about the colts and reserves too.

Loving Moss atm. In Sandover form.

Don't forget the Sharks (currently 2nd) knocked off Claremont, as did Subi, who we beat, so there not invincible.

They have nine AFL listed players not in either West Coast or Fremantle's best 25, which adds to their depth that already boasts Blackwell, Mitchell, Jones, Richardson ect
Swans beat Claremont at Claremont Oval i might add ..not Subi! :eek:

Claremont's spread of goalkickers is scary. We can't compete with that.

I would still back us to beat them in a final tho, definitely their bogey team.

Speaking of, it was our first win since 04 against the Dogs!

Peel should b a percentage booster this weekend. Calling stats at all 3 games so should have something to report about the colts and reserves too.

Loving Moss atm. In Sandover form.
I think if you asked Claremont supporters who their bogey team is especially in big finals they might say a team based at Bassendean Oval ..not EP! ;)

Great win on Saturday, Johnno and Freddie were sensational as usual, while I thought Oakley-Nicholls continued his rich vein of form

Tim Hipsley reported on 10 tonight that Micale will sign with St.Kilda and Brian Dawson is set to take over.

Obviously disapointing to lose Tony Micale, but he deserves to still be working at AFL level, and Brian Dawson is a terrific replacement.

I'm feeling sick at the moment as I've just got an email confirming this from East Perth. :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was interesting to read in the rag the other day the article about the Eagles playing on Foundation Day. 3 of the WAFL clubs who play on that day came out in complete agreement that it was a bad idea and they opposed it the other was totally silent, that club being East Perth the "host" club of the aforementioned Eagles..

It was interesting to read in the rag the other day the article about the Eagles playing on Foundation Day. 3 of the WAFL clubs who play on that day came out in complete agreement that it was a bad idea and they opposed it the other was totally silent, that club being East Perth the "host" club of the aforementioned Eagles..

It is not surprising for East Perth to keep quiet - they behave like this all the time. Trying to get information out of the club is impossible.

I'm not saying they won't be a host club, but don't take their silence as an admission to being host because the board is always very aloof about providing anything.

I know for fact nothing has been signed yet in regards to host clubs - however whatever has been discussed at board level in the "interested" WAFL clubs or has been said (behind closed doors) to the eagles and dockers is a matter of much conjecture.

It is not surprising for East Perth to keep quiet - they behave like this all the time. Trying to get information out of the club is impossible.

I'm not saying they won't be a host club, but don't take their silence as an admission to being host because the board is always very aloof about providing anything.

I know for fact nothing has been signed yet in regards to host clubs - however whatever has been discussed at board level in the "interested" WAFL clubs or has been said (behind closed doors) to the eagles and dockers is a matter of much conjecture.

You may well have been wrong given what has now occurred?;)
I reckon the cat was out of the bag when Brian Dawson was appointed.

The host club discussions and negotiations have clearly being going on for several months, well before we appointed Brian Dawson.

Not so sure that it was ever a lay down misere though, it seems that some other club presidents were blindsided.

Definitely not.

I had no idea until Kim Hagdorn announced it on 6PR.

I thought at the time we were just able to lure Dawson back to coaching because of our strong financial position.

Definitely not.

I had no idea until Kim Hagdorn announced it on 6PR.

I thought at the time we were just able to lure Dawson back to coaching because of our strong financial position.

STRONG FINANCIAL POSITION!!! *cough* (Its actually the complete opposite as to why we took the deal with the eagles!). We got Dawson because he was ready, unlike the year previous, and the only other club seeking a new coach was Subi who wanted to appoint from within.

In the matter of the eagles alignment - discussions had been floating around with various clubs for up to two years. Although verbally some clubs may have said "yes we'll do it" - it really wasn't cut and dry until quite recent. I think Hagdorn and others pre-empted the decision based on them knowing the WAFC was willing to approve a deal, and also knowing how keen several clubs actually were to do a deal.

Apparently up to 5 clubs were interested. Although it might never all come out - if you believe the whispers - and I do now given how things panned out, Subi were close to a deal, Perth also (preferred option of WAFC possibly).

This performance today has been a total abomination. Not one player can say he performed to an acceptable level.

When West Perth kicked the first 2/3 goals of the third quarter, we gave up.

Put the que in the rack, and stopped trying.

I bet Dawson will punish them on the tract for that performance because it was pitiful after half time.

Marcus White better seriously lift his game if he wants to play league football again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back