Official Team Thread Roys FFC Season 36 Community Rooms - The Quest for the Holy Grail !!

Remove this Banner Ad

I take it back. Mooch is not a jet at all
Oh wait, TDC you meant 1.7 was the score before Mooch kicked a goal, NOT 1.7 was the score he gave us.

Well folks that was Zevon’s first and last cockup of the evening.

Round 6: Vs Swamprats (Away): Roys Lost by 48 points

This started badly and just go worse….. And the goal kicking was still s**t….

The end….

Best: windyhill was the clear standout – not only did he kick 3 goals and kick accurately, he bobbed up with 17 disposals, 6 marks and 2 tackles in a side that was badly beaten all day. DERRINALPHIL was also very good, Roylion , _Mike_ and Mobbs fought it out across the day.

Round 6 Votes.jpg

windyhill , DERRINALPHIL , Zevon , Roylion , Pure Grunt

Round 7: Vs Demons (Home): Roys Lost by 46 points

Zevon started the game in promising fashion (see pictured) with a nice goal. Funny what passes for fashion these days…. _Mike_ took an absolute screamer and then kicked truly after playing on – a one point margin early on.

1701852236419.png

Mooch and Barrels started the second quarter well, and we had a slender lead at the main break – but sadly a 13 goal to 4 second half put paid to our hopes. Not much point wasting too much ink on this one unfortunately.

Best: JackNah_8 was the standout today, although there was some support from the likes of Aristotle Pickett , DERRINALPHIL , 3KZ is Football and a few others – but too many had down days, with 9 players below 25 DT points.

Round 7 Votes.jpg

MrsEddieBetts scored her first B&F votes this week !!

JackNah_8 , tigs2010 , 3KZ is Football , DERRINALPHIL , Zevon

Round 8: Vs Bombers (home) : Roys Won by 41 points

Elmer_Judd set the tone early – punching his opponent (which is fair enough, considering the opposition) and setting up Mooch for an early shot. He then slotted our first a few minutes after and then Pure Grunt started distracting the opposition with his great behind !! By QT elmer judd had three goals and was running rings around the hapless opposition.

Our goal kicking woes were resurfacing again – despite the LG’s best efforts (see pictured), but windyhill and Mooch kept the pressure on with majors.

Round 8.gif

Barrels – the ever reliable Barrels and windyhill then goaled to open the second half – they could have used a pair of scissors to open it like everyone else, but they like being different. With a near 40 point margin at 3QT, this one petered out to a comfortable win for the Roys.

Best: Elmer_Judd set the tone early, Barrels was a constant goal scoring threat. Phar Ace dominated the stats lines, with 23 and 11 marks, fitzroybowiedog and tigs2010 hit them hard in the tackles.

Round 8 Votes.jpg

Phar Ace , 3KZ is Football , Aristotle Pickett , windyhill , Barrels

Round 9: Vs Furies (home): Roys Lost by 18 points

Not even I could get to 100 spams against the Furies, so this wasn’t one for the highlight reel.

MrsEddieBetts started proceedings – with the charges being Crimes against Posting against the Furies and Bombers. Mooch followed along while everyone was distracted and the Roys were away !

MrsEddieBetts was everywhere early, slotting a second and then being denied by desperate defending from the Furies. At QT it was Mooch and MrsEddieBetts leading the Furies – the rest of us hadn’t turned up apparently.

Barrels and _Mike_ kicked goals early in the second term, with _Mike_ going all the way !! Lucky _Mike_ !!! He’s clearly not married !! But sadly a 4 goal burst from the Furies gave them a handy lead at HT – a lead that despite the best efforts of Mooch , _Mike_ and Pure Grunt – we were unable to make much margin with, in fact losing the third term to face a near 40 pt deficit. While we did cut the margin, it wasn’t enough and that quarter and a bit lapse cost us the game.

Best: A real battle this week, with tigs2010 , _Mike_ , JackNah_8 and DERRINALPHIL leading the way – with Beandip and 3KZ is Football providing excellent support. 6 goals to Mooch and @4 goals to MrsEddieBetts and _Mike_ were great offensively, but we conceded too many easy goals – it’s almost like Bevo was in charge….

Round 9 Votes.jpg

tigs2010 , _Mike_ , JackNah_8 , Mooch , DERRINALPHIL

Round 10: Vs Dragons (away): Roys Won by 19 points

Sadly – this thread was dominated by a couple of idiots – but we’ve all seen this before….

We had three big guns listed as players to watch - tigs2010 , Phar Ace and Pure Grunt – showing the benefit of good recent recruiting !! Except we didn’t get 412 charity picks like North did…. But anyway…..

This match may have also featured the return of SpecialBruce – from many years in the BF wilderness !! It was good to have him back !!

Another new boom recruit, MrsEddieBetts opened the scoring – showing the value of a player switched on early ! Mooch and Beandip then followed up, with MrsEddieBetts and Beandip then slotted another one each – as the Roys raced to an early lead.

By 5 minutes into the second term, Beandip already had 4 – highlighting again to Barrybran what a terrible decision it was…. The Roys with a 4 goal lead at HT.

We then had our traditional missing quarter – where the game closed right up and I repeatedly punched the computer….. No wonder technology doesn’t like me…..

But Beandip and DERRINALPHIL stepped up when needed, and then Beandip and Mooch combined for three in five minutes – as all that effort from the Dragons to close the margin was wasted. What a shame…..

And despite some nervous moments, the Roys held onto win….

Best: 7 goals to Beandip really wound back the clock (and it wasn’t even daylight saving !!!) with a great performance – and he was well supported by DERRINALPHIL , tigs2010 and Zevon . Aristotle Pickett went completely Ken Bruce – and racked up 25 possessions and 8 marks.

Round 10 Votes.jpg

Beandip , DERRINALPHIL , Zevon , Aristotle Pickett , tigs2010

I’m polling !
The Kid Mero What GIF by Desus & Mero

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most Consistent Player
Most Consistent (royboy2 award):

The most consistent award this year is awarded to someone who has been the leagues best in their chosen position for several years – nominated for several All Sweet FA sides – but sadly isn’t selected because he actually has a life.

I know, everyone boo…. What a (redacted)…..

What the – who did that ??? Oh, I forgot, he’s also a Mod…..

The winner of the most consistent award for Season 36 is _Mike_ !!! The leagues best CHF, in the Templeton, Grant, Naughton style – a man of few words posts, but a significant on field contributor. Congratulations _Mike_ !!

Going to be a close count this year... or is it?

It usually is....

I've been doing this for about 1000 years now and I'm yet to see the same votes from all voters across a single round.

That's no set of votes for one round that are identical - so we all have different ideas of what is best and it ends up being pretty close regularly.

A few seasons ago we have one vote between first and second and one vote between second and third...

Most Consistent (royboy2 award):

The most consistent award this year is awarded to someone who has been the leagues best in their chosen position for several years – nominated for several All Sweet FA sides – but sadly isn’t selected because he actually has a life.

I know, everyone boo…. What a (redacted)…..

What the – who did that ??? Oh, I forgot, he’s also a Mod…..

The winner of the most consistent award for Season 36 is _Mike_ !!! The leagues best CHF, in the Templeton, Grant, Naughton style – a man of few words posts, but a significant on field contributor. Congratulations _Mike_ !!
Congratulations _Mike_ you legend

Remove this Banner Ad

Back