Official Match Thread Season 36 Round 13: Gold City Royals v Roys FFC at The Golden Throne

Remove this Banner Ad

King Membling (190 disposals, 53 tackles, 13 goals, =6th in the Mobbs predictor) and his family had been rulers of the Royals Empire for generations. In a daring move, they decided to take on a family of gorillas in the Brunswick jungle.

At first, the Royals Family was met with hostility from the gorillas, who seemed to view them as intruders. But with a little patience and understanding, the gorillas soon became more amicable towards the Royals Family.

The King's sons, CakeEater (201 disposals, 27 tackles, 12 goals) and hotchilli (124 disposals, 33 tackles, 12 goals), were especially taken with the gorillas. They enjoyed playing with them, feeding them, and learning their customs. They even began to understand their language.

One day, the gorillas invited the Royals Family to a special ceremony. It was a celebration of the union between the humans and the gorillas. There were feasts, dancing, and joyous singing throughout the night. The Royals Family was welcomed with open arms, and it felt like they were part of the family.

The Royals Family and the gorillas continued to live in harmony for many years. The gorillas taught the Royals Family about the jungle, while the Royals Family taught the gorillas about their own culture.

Eventually, the Royals Family had to return to Gold City, but they left with a much greater understanding and appreciation of the Brunswick wilderness. They knew that the gorillas, tigs2010 (229 disposals, 62 tackles, 12 goals, =6th in the Mobbs predictor), DERRINALPHIL (222 disposals, 37 tackles, 10 goals) and Mooch (74 disposals, 10 tackles, 46 goals) had become a part of their lives, and they would never forget them.

Captains, team sheets are to be correctly submitted by 11:50 pm on Thursday the 26th of October 2023 according to AWST time.

What a cracking OP - even reading it in David Attenborough voice didn't help

Something about cross pollinating and Diane Fossey
I went the Lucy Worsley angle myself. Was sublime!

Question: are there any grey crow? Not something I think I'd seen myself. Once I thought I saw one, but it turned out to be half a galah.

On SM-A146P using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good morning Royals, Good afternoon Roys

Dn-y7UORu4UvPE0OFA9J6AGMwNM=.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back