Official Team Thread Roys FFC Season 36 Community Rooms - The Quest for the Holy Grail !!

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 1 Barrels Award
  • Round 1 has arrived, and like the smell of a new car or freshly cut grass - the season kicked off enjoyably with a comfortable thrashing of the Warriors...

Which was nice...

But after the game, the Roys sat around and discussed who had been the opposition's best poster...

KP2010-02-26_IMG_2645_k-600x420.jpg

Pictured: Pure Grunt making a very strong suggestion to the team.... That we need better ******* seating.....

Numerous names were suggested: The Filth Wizard , Purple7x08_24 , Dinsdale - but the overall winner for Rd 1 was spudmaster

Congratulations mate, well done and well deserved.

3C6EA04B-B822-4D99-B650-A8C407C071C0.jpeg.jpg

Round 2 Barrels Award
  • The Roys played the Gumbies in Rd 2 - allegedly.

Ruour has it that things were said and people responded - but we cannot confirm or deny any of this.....

My sources tell me that after the game, the Roys faithful met to discuss who had been the best opposition poster. After some spirited and non-LG influenced discussion, a clear winner emerged (possibly).

Roys in Discussions.jpg

That winner was Gumbies rising star, CatToTheFuture !! Falconista , beez and Barrybran may have also been mentioned - although this can currently be considered heresay.

Congratulations CatToTheFuture !! Enjoy this and banter responsibly !!

Round 3 Barrels Award
  • Round 3 Barrels Award - Roys Vs OOB's.

The Roys took on the OOB's in Round 3, still none the wiser what the heck an OOB is - but confident that we'd find a way to award the Barrels award to Mobbs this time !!

I mean, how hard can it be to rig a vote in favour of your prefered candidate ???

1692945826328.png

Moving on from that abomination and afront to all that is holy, we arrive at the match thread.....

Moving of from that abomination and ...... - we arrive at the voting....

And the winner, unexpectedly, by a clear and decisive (you need to find me some more votes tigs2010 !!!) margin, was Mrs Turbo !!

Congratulations and use this when you need to get your alt too drunk to make advances and escape to safety !!!

Round 4 Barrels Award
  • In Round 4 - the Roys took on and completely and utterly flogged a complete pack of {redacted}...

So powerful and comprehensive was the victory, that any further mention of the gravity of the damage inflicted on {redacted} by the Roys, is punishable by having to post in a Bombers match thread.....

When you aren't playing them.....

serious-business.gif

Following the {redacted} against the {redacted}, the Roys sat down to discuss, who had been the best opposition {redacted}.

Coming in in a very credible third place was {redacted}, and sitting just behind the leader, was {redacted}.

But the overall winner for the week was guero !!!

Congratulations and enjoy the {redacted} {redactedly}

( AnUltimateRessie )

Round 5 Barrels Award
  • In Round 5 the Roys took on and soundly defeated the Wonders. I think.... I'm not going back to look now that I've already started.

And a goodly match thread was had by all, following which the Roys took some time out to ponder who had been the best opposition poster.

spinning roy.gif
    (pictured, Mooch in deep thought, stolen from just above !!)

After a while, a single clear candidate emerged, one of impeccable taste, distinction and class, someone far above the normal rough and tumble of ordinary life.

And that person was HARPSichord !!

Congratulations on a resounding victory and enjoy this responsibly...

And as for AnUltimateRessie

zero points.gif

:p

Round 6 Barrels Award
  • Round 6 Barrels Award - Vs Swamprats

The Round 6 award is slightly unusual, as it's presented to the winner of the Fatty Lumpkin medal - for best opposition poster between the Roys and the Rats.

So, congratulations go to jackster83 on a fine performance !!!

Round 7 Barrels Award
  • Round 7 Barrels Award:

In Round 7 - we faced our Demons.... I'm not entirely sure if we were successful in casting them out of the league, but we gave it a good shot !! Well done Roys.

casting our your demons.jpg

After the match, we sat and discussed who had been the best opposition poster. We then needed to age the decision, for those who still haven't figured out why some clubs dont put votes in !! Oh hi AnUltimateRessie !!!

There was a strong list to choose from:

Dwarves.jpg

But - given we couldn't find Fili, Kili, Ori, Nori, Allegory, Oin, Gloin, Balin, Dwalin anywhere in the squad lists - we settled on Gralin as the best option and awarded him the Round 7 Barrels award !!

Many congratulations to Dwalin, Thorin, Gralin !!!

Once emptied, you can always use the Barrels as a means of escaping a match thread with the Bombers...

Teeq.gif

Round 8 Barrels Award
  • In Round 8 - the Roys took on and defeated the Bombers. This is a good thing... !!

Having a match thread against them each year, er - not so much.....

But this year, it wasn't so bad ! Which is also a good thing !!

But after the game, we sat and discussed who had been the oppositions best poster. Many names were suggested - several of them actually played for the Bombers !!! Which is a very rare but good thing !!

But by popular decree - the winner of the Round 8 Barrels award for S36 was Grav !!! Well done mate !!

Enjoy this and Barrels responsibly !!

Round 9 Barrels Award
  • Round 9 Barrels Award - Roys vs Furies

In Round 9, the Roys played the Furies. In an unusual case of late revisionism, this was a fantastic match thread and far, far better than what was to come in weeks to follow.

The Furies had exactly ZERO dickheads who started complaining on Tuesday morning - without actually contributing to the match thread at all - which is a tremendous achievement for the Leadership Group !!! Oh - hi there Dragons LG !!!!

After the match, which I'm pretty sure we won convincingly, the Roys faithful sat down to vote on who had been the best opposition poster, nearly entirely for the Barrels award, but a tiny slither for AnUltimateRessie !!!!

And in this case, the winner was James Colorado !!!

Congratulations and best of luck/deepest sympathies for when you play the Dragons - you'll probably need this, so save it and ration it carefully !!

Round 10 Barrels Award
  • Round 10 Barrels Votes:

AnUltimateRessie - here are the votes for Rd 10 vs the Dragons

3 - Stoods
    2 - Matt_352
    1 - Chief

That is all - no further correspondence will be entered into. These three made the most significant contribution from the Dragons to the match thread quality !!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Round 12 Barrels Award
  • In Round 12 - or a very close approximation of it - the Roys may or may not have played the Phoenix. We are refusing to answer the question on legal advice or we'll be incinerated - which is appropriate as we had just played the Phoenix. Oh s**t, I'm really bad at this....

2726720621dfd321f58ddbd843bad64b.gif

After a massive, comprehensive thrashing of the Phoenix - making them look as bad as England, the Roys sat down to discuss who had been the best opposition poster ( AnUltimateRessie ).

Roys in Discussions.jpg

(please note Beandip trying to hide from the photographer on the right....)

After an exhaustive discussion, mostly because we'd left this longer than normal and we couldn't remember anyone....

DemurePrincess was declared the winner !! Congratulations and we hope you actually do play for the Phoenix, so we can also offer our commiserations at the same time......

Round Whatever we were up to plus one Barrels Award
  • In the Round after the last Round I remembered to do this (I'm sure AnUltimateRessie will tell me at some point), the Roys played the Royals. I the battle of the superfluous suffix, I'm sure the Roys emerged victorious. Or it was a draw.....

But regardless of the result, Qooty was the real winner - and the best opposition poster was debated at length.... Or perhaps just a few posts, it's late in the season and it's hard to keep going week in week out....

And despite the tragedy of Allikat not being here much this season, the winner from the Royals was GreyCrow - assuming he's actually on their list and still plays in the league, we're not paying that much attention over here at the moment...

Congratulations !! Well deserved as always !!

Roys All Sweet FA Nominations
  • Z80sfWQ.png

For Season 36, the Roys FFC have just lodged their All Sweet FA nominations.

Please join with me in congratulating the following players on fantastic on field seasons....

S36 All Sweet FA Nominations.jpg
    _Mike_ , tigs2010 , DERRINALPHIL , Zevon , Pure Grunt

cheers.gif

Best and Fairest Start.....
  • Greetings all and welcome to the S36 Broken Medal Count. The Best and Fairest for the Roys FFC - so essentially, this is the Best of the Best, in the Sweet FA….

Hopefully we can have a few laughs and a bit of fun to close out the season.

This year we were blessed (or cursed) with the recruitment of Pure Grunt , MrsEddieBetts and the return (from a long way back) of Special bruce !!

We are also pleased to announce the return of @hot chilli for next season, which is something to really look forward to.

Obligatory posting of this video to commence the countdown, while I get my s**t together.

Any excuse really to post it….

Just a reminder – this is what we are vying for tonight, the Broken Medal….

Post 2 - Broken Medal.png

After each game, members of the Leadership vote on a 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1 basis for the best on field player for the Roys – posting is not considered. These votes are tallied up and the leading 5 are revealed each round – without the actual vote tally…. Note – just because you aren’t in the leading 5 displayed each week, all votes are tallied for the final results.

We also completely fabricate a whole heap of stuff for the other awards….

One of the great features of the Roys B&F count – is the cockup. Or are the cockups – which technically means – this might be the first cockup of the night.

Given how rushed this was, you can probably safely back the overs tonight in the cockup department.

So, without further ado, here is the season that was….

_Mike_ , JackNah_8 , Barrels , tigs2010 , Roylion , Sterge , RU_ , Kabanna , windyhill , Allikat , Elmer_Judd , Mooch , fitzroybowiedog , Zevon , royboy2 , Aristotle Pickett , 3KZ is Football , Beandip , Chezzalenko Reborn , DERRINALPHIL , Ed_Gein , Phar Ace , Mobbs , MrsEddieBetts , Pure Grunt , SpecialBruce

Leading Goal Kicker
  • Leading Goal Kicker:

To sum up the years woes, particularly in the latter half – the leading goal kicker award is co-presented this season by Rod “Tilt” Carter and Andrew “Loyalty” Dunkley – not to be mistaken for Josh “Loyalty” Dunkley here……

The leading goal kickers for S36 are:

Aristotle Pickett , Ed_Gein , Phar Ace, and RU_ - with nil…..

Congratulations all……

Oh, wait – there may have been a cockup here…..

The winner is Mooch – someone really needs to coup this guy from FF…….

Congratulations Mooch !!!!

Most Consistent Player
  • Most Consistent (royboy2 award):

The most consistent award this year is awarded to someone who has been the leagues best in their chosen position for several years – nominated for several All Sweet FA sides – but sadly isn’t selected because he actually has a life.

I know, everyone boo…. What a (redacted)…..

What the – who did that ??? Oh, I forgot, he’s also a Mod…..

The winner of the most consistent award for Season 36 is _Mike_ !!! The leagues best CHF, in the Templeton, Grant, Naughton style – a man of few words posts, but a significant on field contributor. Congratulations _Mike_ !!

Best Newcomer
  • Best Newcomer Award: (the PTizzle Award)

We only had one newcomer this year, and while his posting in match threads and the team threads/PM was very entertaining – we didn’t see enough of it !! But we’ve seen enough off field to know he is a quality contributor, and his on field performances saw him nominated for All Sweet FA honours this season (and was selected in some of the sides) – so we have really high hopes for Pure Grunt for S37 onwards !!!

Congratulations mate !!

cheers.gif

Most Improved Player
  • Flea29 award: most improved:

The most improved player award this year goes to someone – three someone’s in fact…..

On field, the award goes to windyhill – who has turned from a reliable defender who would occasionally pop forward to slot a goal – then taunt and laugh at his opponent on the way back to the defensive end – to a key part of the Roys forward setup – with a career high 14 goals for the season….

Off field, the award is shared by two returning Roys - MrsEddieBetts and SpecialBruce – who have returned to great effect following extensive stints around the league and in the wilderness. The club is much better off with their involvement and humour in our match threads and team chat !!

Congratulations all !!

All Sweet FA Nominations
  • ALL SFA nominations:

Congratulations to our nominees for S36. We could have had a couple make the side if they had posted more, but the nominated players all had good seasons for the mighty Roys.

S36 All Sweet FA Nominations.jpg

_Mike_ tigs2010 DERRINALPHIL Zevon Pure Grunt

Remove this Banner Ad

Back