Rucci can still bite when he wants to

Remove this Banner Ad

Insanely baffling reference to Thatcher in there. Real 'dad remembering dull world events to a disinterested audience' type paragraph.

The article itself has nothing critical against Abernathy but is loaded with doubts about Tredrea. No idea about Bruce as a board choice now, I don't follow the internal politics stuff enough, but how is there any bite here from Rucci except for the usual pro Hinkley anti anything Hinkley?

By "bite", do you mean writing an article that is heavily laced with a negative view about Tredrea, while trying to fight off any criticism against Abernethy's time on our board between 2010-12?

Rucci uses every opportunity he can in that article to take a dig at Tredrea and 5AA, throwing in a bit against MMM/Riciutto while making SEN/Bickley look above reproach.

Rucci is painful.

Where was the bite? Blatantly anti-Tredrea and, by default, pro-Abernethy.

I have to say though, the thought of Cassisi on our board frightens me more than a little. Not much going on between the ears for old Dom.

Where was the bite? Blatantly anti-Tredrea and, by default, pro-Abernethy.

I have to say though, the thought of Cassisi on our board frightens me more than a little. Not much going on between the ears for old Dom.
The club is desperate to keep Tredrea off the board.
The candidates seeking election can't speak publicly, but Rucci can roll that out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Loved the mention of 13 straight but no mention of the straight set smashings.

preciously enjoyed ruccis stuff a few years back, now he’s just a hinkley fanboy.. I’d prefer to listen to Rowes dribble.

I guess how the article is viewed depends entirely on whether you're in the Aber or Tredders camp.
".... Tredrea became the hero of the Hinkley haters ..."

Referring to members and supporters critical of Hinkley and his lack of success as "haters" tells you exactly which camp Rucci is in.

Loved the mention of 13 straight but no mention of the straight set smashings.

Winning 13 in a row is just luck of the fixture. We lost both Showdowns either side of The Streak™. Anyone putting The Streak™ forward as a huge success is either being disingenuous or is a fool.

If anything this elegant tripe written by Rucci shows you how fearful the Kochmuncher must be as he will have to constantly deal with the creed like professionalism of Tredrea. It will be the first real flutter of Power against the Kenny Hinkley Football Club and could be the real genesis of removng these pretenders and impostors.

I was really surprised to not see a covid vax dig at Tredders in the article. It was more a piece of equalising the two and debunking any possible issues with Abernathy.

And perhaps this is why it is hard to find out if becoming a new member or renewing an old membership will give a vote because they know it will be mainly Tredders people who will be doing this and if they don't give the information then maybe it will stall or stop those members.

Kane Cornes couldn’t retweet the article quick enough either.

Do they realise how cringey it sounds describing half the fan base as Hinkley haters?
Yeah. It's way more than half.

Winning 13 in a row is just luck of the fixture. We lost both Showdowns either side of The Streak™. Anyone putting The Streak™ forward as a huge success is either being disingenuous or is a fool.

R04 d. 8-Sydney @ SCG by 4
R05 d. 9-Bulldogs @ AO by 14
R06 d. 18-WCE @ AO by 40
R07 d. 6-St Kilda @ MRVL by 7
R08 d. 11-Essendon @ AO by 5
R09 d. 17-North @ Hobart by 70
R10 d. 4-Melbourne @ AO by 4
R11 d. 13-Richmond @ MCG by 10
R12 d. 16-Hawthorn @ AO by 55
R13 d. 9-Bulldogs @ MRVL by 22
R14 d. 12-Geelong @ AO by 38
R16 d. 11-Essendon @ MCG by 4
R17 d. 15-Gold Coast @ AO by 33

What’s the best win there? Scraping past the Dees at home? The Houston moment was obviously a fantastic piece of skill and just an all-round cold-blooded big-balled example of clutch execution.

But beyond that, yikes.

Any team with talent and aspirations to contend should be stacking up wins against that raft of mediocrity.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back