News Rucci: Travis Boak may or may not renew contract at Port Adelaide (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Channel nine news said that he had originally told Geelong he was going to resign with port, but his family reacted badly to it so now he is rethinking. If his family is pressuring him to go home that doesn't really bode well for us.

Channel nine news said that he had originally told Geelong he was going to resign with port, but his family reacted badly to it so now he is rethinking. If his family is pressuring him to go home that doesn't really bode well for us.

Channel Nine News the bastion of accurate reporting and truth in journalism.

If they said that it has nothing to do with whats going on today.

Thanks for clarifying. How do you guys feel about our first round pick and the compo pick, effectively two first round picks over two years?

It will be interesting to see how this all pans out. This culture of players effectively lying to their clubs about their intentions the following year is really horrible and as you know we've been through it and it derailed what could have been a grand final/premiership season. I don't envy what you all must be feeling now.

pick 14-16 and what will be a pick from 12-18.

ild feel pretty shit about it personally.

if those picks can be on-traded to get us something else than ild feel a whole lot better, of course i dont see alot of teams lining up to give their players away for those picks.

if we offer one of those to melb for tapscott, and another for greenwood from north i dont think we would get too far, and even if they did bite they dont come close to replacing a top midfielder. so that gives you an idea of what those picks are worth in regard to boaks worth.

in the end maybe something can be worked out in a deal involving those picks, meh, i wouldnt be jumping at them alone. we need more talent.

boak + 2nd/ or 3rd for melb pick4 + tapscott

boak +2nd/3rd for nths first +greenwood or b.mackenzie

boak + 2nd/3rd for dogs 1st + howard

one of melb/ dogs 1st + a 2nd round pick

polec + a pick

mini-draft pick 2 + one of tapscott/ greenwood/ howard/ mackenzie/ seb tape

mini-draft pick 2 + 2nd round pick.

all of these are vastly better deals than 2 picks in the teens.

whether geelong can swing one of those deals with those picks will go a great way to deciding whether he can go there.

if, we wants to go that is.

Channel Nine News the bastion of accurate reporting and truth in journalism.

If they said that it has nothing to do with whats going on today.

They also said they talked exclusively to Chris Scott and then showed some footage of him not saying anything and then giving a 'no comment'.

It's a disgrace he was made acting captain.

No, the disgrace in this situation is how the hell the PAFC has been allowed to get into the current state it is. I think there is a lot more to what's happening with Boak than the whole "I wanna go home" line currently being thrown about.

I'd be stoked if it was Port sending a delegation over to try and get the signature of a player we wanted. But we won't, just too scared. We will continue to talk up obscure stats as a sign of improvement, keep spinning the "we'll review the tapes and work on it" lines over and over without ever looking for the actual thing that is broken.

I don't think Boak has handled this well, nor his manager. Geelong are being pro-active - and good on'em.

Can't blame anyone for wanting out to have a few years in a proper football club, especially if they are near certain that where they are now is going to continue being the same old same old for their footballing lifespan.

We are supposedly a professional football club playing in the countries premier sporting league, yet our administration, coaches, playing list and general way of being is more suited to the Division II Hills League - no disrespect intended to such league.

Just maybe if more than a few of our better players, or up and coming youngsters walk away we just might see someone actually try and fix this mess instead of treating the actual supporters of this once great club to lines like - "we dominated" Matthew Primus 14/7/12.

I mean really? Dominated??

I'd be leaving on the first flight if I thought my senior coach had set the bar that high.

The Adelaide media won't be unhappy until ANOTHER big name leaves our club

EFT.

If Boak goes we are in real danger of becoming a feeder club. Stevens, Burgoyne, Boak...

We will be years away from rebuilding with no guarantee that we wont lose another gun in 2-3 years and set ourselves right back again.

We need to overpay everyone we keep to make up for our poor development programs and facilities and the fact that we have nothing to offer in terms of off field income and even then it is a battle to keep them.

EFT.

If Boak goes we are in real danger of becoming a feeder club. Stevens, Burgoyne, Boak...

We will be years away from rebuilding with no guarantee that we wont lose another gun in 2-3 years and set ourselves right back again.

We need to overpay everyone we keep to make up for our poor development programs and facilities and the fact that we have nothing to offer in terms of off field income and even then it is a battle to keep them.

Port really needs one of it's supports to become a billionaire.

there is alot of clubs between gws and geelong. including several vic clubs and port.

doubt boak will put alot of pressure on port if they come to him and show him geelong arent offering something good enough. and i think geelong know that. they have thought about the price and are seriously chasing him, ild say that means they are prepared for what its gonna take. will not be playing this game casually, and if they do port and i think boak will call their bluff and move on. but as i said, i think geelong will be willing.

anyway, we still dont know if he is gone yet, they are obviously trying to talk him into it and ild reckon they have a fairly good chance though if its gone on this long, but yeah, still could go either way yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh and the people saying he's leaving to be at a real football club for a few years, why would you choose Geelong who are teetering on the brink of completely falling into the abyss to rebuild. He's going to end up as having gone through a tough rebuilding time here to go over there and enjoy it all over again

Statement from the club. Looks like Boak is expected to play this weekend and it will be business as usual, despite this whole situation descending into a farce.

Link

Travis Boak Update

The Port Adelaide Football Club is aware the Geelong coach and two senior players visited Adelaide on Sunday, reportedly to speak with Power midfielder Travis Boak.

Port Adelaide general manager football Peter Rohde said the club remains in close talks with Boak, who comes out of contract at Alberton at the end of this season.

“We are aware of the speculation surrounding the arrival of the party from Geelong,” Rohde said.

“But we maintain complete faith that Travis is still resolving the factors he is weighing up, and are sure he’ll come to a decision in the not too distant future.

“For us, nothing has changed. Travis knows exactly how much we want him here at Port Adelaide and we understand that he’s facing a big decision with regards to his family, so we’ve been very happy to give him the time to work out his future.”

Boak has played two games since returning from foot surgery, and is expected to be a part of Port Adelaide’s team when it travels to Darwin to play Melbourne on Saturday night.

Link

FWIW if Boak does leave I think Port will do well out of it in terms of picks/players they get . You always do well at the trade table...... Brooks for pick 8, Bode for pick 11 or something like that....your trading team must have been laughing at those trades. I don't think Port have been screwed once at the trade table ( not including Stevens cos there was no trade there)

That statements not strong enough. Pissweak administration, Tredders is right, KT needs to start work on getting someone in for the external review this week. Everything from the top down and right in the middle of it look at how re-signing's are handled

No, the disgrace in this situation is how the hell the PAFC has been allowed to get into the current state it is. I think there is a lot more to what's happening with Boak than the whole "I wanna go home" line currently being thrown about.

I'd be stoked if it was Port sending a delegation over to try and get the signature of a player we wanted. But we won't, just too scared. We will continue to talk up obscure stats as a sign of improvement, keep spinning the "we'll review the tapes and work on it" lines over and over without ever looking for the actual thing that is broken.

I don't think Boak has handled this well, nor his manager. Geelong are being pro-active - and good on'em.

Can't blame anyone for wanting out to have a few years in a proper football club, especially if they are near certain that where they are now is going to continue being the same old same old for their footballing lifespan.

We are supposedly a professional football club playing in the countries premier sporting league, yet our administration, coaches, playing list and general way of being is more suited to the Division II Hills League - no disrespect intended to such league.

Just maybe if more than a few of our better players, or up and coming youngsters walk away we just might see someone actually try and fix this mess instead of treating the actual supporters of this once great club to lines like - "we dominated" Matthew Primus 14/7/12.

I mean really? Dominated??

I'd be leaving on the first flight if I thought my senior coach had set the bar that high.

Spot on Black 18 - Port should now be sending a delegation over to Geelong and target every SA player on their list. As for our Administration, coaches and general business approach I think Div II is giving them too much credit! Perhaps this could finally cause a major shake up of our proud club.

They also said they talked exclusively to Chris Scott and then showed some footage of him not saying anything and then giving a 'no comment'.
It has nothing to do with Boak. They read the best Yiros thread in BD Corner and came over to check out the Blue and White on O'Connell St.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back