Running Thread - Join our Strava Club!

Remove this Banner Ad

Hoping to get another sub 4 minute km in tomorrow's parkrun - perhaps 2 if I'm awesome. Follow up Sunday with anywhere between 12-15kms easy paced.

Also got our cricket AGM Sunday arvo so might get a few lads over the nets for a hit.

Hoping to get another sub 4 minute km in tomorrow's parkrun - perhaps 2 if I'm awesome. Follow up Sunday with anywhere between 12-15kms easy paced.

Also got our cricket AGM Sunday arvo so might get a few lads over the nets for a hit.
Sunday on the cans sounds better. I've got a 5km time trial Tuesday morning with my running group. Will be interesting to see where I'm at. Plenty of proper runners there (sub 20 mins).

Some very good runners in this thread! I'm currently doing 3km in 14ish mins. I definitely think I can bring it down a fair bit more if I stick at it. I'm 190cm and high 98kgs. Carry a fair bit of fat but it doesn't look like it with clothes on.

I'd love it if you could wear Google glasses and have a projected ghost of your best time out in front of you as you go around a track or run your favourite trail.

Thank you guys! I just feel like I'm running (haha) out of time to get faster. I suppose I have a month to make inroads. I really can't manage running more than twice a week though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had a day off work yesterday. Had a bit of a stressful weekend that involved some bad stomach pains, tweaked back, lack of sleep and a daughter giving me and the wife a really hard time. All added up I just wasn't mentally prepared to face the grind.

I had planned on an easy day on the couch with the kids at school, watch Game Of Thrones and basically relax. However the wife informed me she had a few clients coming over at 10.30 for an hour or so (she does hairdressing from home) and I didn't feel the desire to make idle chit chat with a couple of old ducks so threw the gear on and headed out the door for a bit.

Ended up running 21.2 kms and really made up for not running Sunday. Legs and fitness feeling really good although the tweaked back has seized a little after the run ended. Can really feel myself getting stronger though. That's 2 half marathons in the last 8 days and with 8 weeks to go until the event, I'm no longer feeling daunted by the distance. Just a case of putting the work in now and seeing how quickly I can run it when the day comes.

Super effort mate. What sort of time you aiming for?

Thanks mate. I've only done one official HM before and did it in exactly 1:38:00

I just love to go under that....maybe 1:35:00

That was 2 years ago and while I am running more now, I don't feel like I hit the pace I did back then though so it's a matter of getting that work in. I have improved my 5km times but need to try and extrapolate that out over the longer distances.

Hey guys

Never knew this thread existed. Great to read the stories of some fellow runners.

I'm about to start training for the full MM in October after some knee issues (which I'm not sure have fully resolved).

I ran my first half last year down on the Great Ocean Road in 1hr 28m, then had a long break after more knee issues before running in the Wings for Life world run at the start of May where I got to about 34km before the chaser car got me (about 2hr 39m). I was feeling really good up to around 25km running 4.20 pace before I hit the wall.

I'm wondering what time I should be targeting for the full. Is a sub 3hr time remotely realistic? Also appreciate any training tips and any other insights anyone can offer.

Thanks a lot.

G'day Rhino. Nice times. Check out the Big footy Strava group if your keen. I've had a couple of recos but the knee the one thing that hasn't given me trouble since taking up this running caper late last year.

BTW can anyone offer some insights on shoes?

I've just got some ASICS Gel Nimbus 17 for my long runs and recovery, but sounds like I'll need to invest in another pair for speed work and the race

Had 4 straight days off last week as I was a bit under the weather but have ground out the miles over the long weekend.

Sat - steady 11km
Sun - hard 8km
Today - easy 21km

Great job mate. I'm hanging out to get into some serious training.

Did two very light 6km runs over the long weekend with the kids riding their bikes. Knee felt ok, but ankle sore after both runs. Hopefully the new shoes do the trick and it's not something more serious.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back