Running Thread - Join our Strava Club!

Remove this Banner Ad

Good stuff. If you're listening to early episodes, episodes 4 and 6 have some great practical tips and episode 19 is a cracking interview.

I do like the more recent episodes better though. The show has become much more polished.

I'll check all those out. Downloaded ep 64 I think it was yesterday and had a listen while on a long run. All about the posture of running and how we should be falling, with our legs simply there to keep us upright, rather than actually moving us.

Interesting listening and supports a lot of what I read in Chris McDougalls book, Born to Run, which is a really interesting read for anyone who is interested.

Side note: whoever it was that recommended BodyGlide to me to help with chaffing around the nipple area, I love you so much. Haha. It is awesome.

Haha - funny thing and a small world it is this internet business.

I've seen both Sir Swans and WildRover posting on Facebook (or being posted on) by a mutual running acquaintance. Seems we all know people in the same running circle.

small world!

cant find my bloody garmin 920

ran staurday pretty sure took it off put it on dresser beside bed like always

suspect the cat

went to get it this morning to take to work for a run and farked if i know where its gone, didnt have time to keep looking

I feel naked if l run without my Tom Tom these days.

Feeling great at the moment. Have registered for the Mosaic to Mountain 21.5km trail event on 2nd August with the aim to also tackle the 21km Wonderland Run on the 30th August. Anyone have any trail experience? Need to carry a bit of gear by the looks.

Should still be able to do a manual entry if you have a rough idea on distance and time?

Mate had his garmin on for lunch will give me the file tomorrow

Wife has a tom tom not sure how to get the manual file off there, gave up and did a manual entry

I just use the Nike ap on the iPhone and then upload it to strava. Noticed I lost about 0.3k doing it and my splits went up 3 seconds per k!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel naked if l run without my Tom Tom these days.

Feeling great at the moment. Have registered for the Mosaic to Mountain 21.5km trail event on 2nd August with the aim to also tackle the 21km Wonderland Run on the 30th August. Anyone have any trail experience? Need to carry a bit of gear by the looks.
Hey,

I've done a bit of trail running in the Dandenongs, was a weekly runner up there until knee problems....what do you need help with? I may be able to offer some advice/put you in touch with someone who will know for sure...

Hey,

I've done a bit of trail running in the Dandenongs, was a weekly runner up there until knee problems....what do you need help with? I may be able to offer some advice/put you in touch with someone who will know for sure...
Just looking at the equipment list. Got a mate who should help me our with a pack to carry the stuff in.

uploadfromtaptalk1435101096752.png

Just looking at the equipment list. Got a mate who should help me our with a pack to carry the stuff in.

View attachment 146378
Pretty standard equipment list there....if you're going to get into trail running I really recommend getting a good pack! Out of all the equipemtn you can buy (outside shoes maybe) i reckon the pack makes the biggest difference....fwiw, i love my Ultimate Direction SJ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back