Past Ryan O'Keefe - 2012 Norm Smith medalist, retired 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

I doubt he'd be on that still and that could be a source of discomfort.

He would be on last year of a reasonable wedge plus endorsements tho

Dont stray into rebecca Wilson territory

Spoke to the old man today as he watched it on tv and he said that after the game they spoke to Jon Ralph and Ralph said that he spoke to S Dew during the day about ROK and that Dew said ROK was told at the start of the year that he would have limited games this year and Ralph seems to think that the Club were pushing him to retire at the end of last year ?. Ralph can talk crap I no

Spoke to the old man today as he watched it on tv and he said that after the game they spoke to Jon Ralph and Ralph said that he spoke to S Dew during the day about ROK and that Dew said ROK was told at the start of the year that he would have limited games this year and Ralph seems to think that the Club were pushing him to retire at the end of last year ?. Ralph can talk crap I no

Dew didn't speak to Ralph, Dew was speaking on Radio before the match and Ralph was reporting back on that

Believable

Handy depth but gone essentially

If an inside mid goes down id pick mitchell before ROK

After a good win it's always hard to argue for those not in the side to make it back.

I don't think ROK is done for the year just yet. He can still provide us massive benefit however I agree there would be some match ups and conditions which now don't seem to suit him (which is a massive shame and pretty hard for me to say tbh).

As for Mitchell, he's had a pretty hard start to the year. The kid shouldn't be pushed too hard now but I do think his worth (particularly around the forward line) has been missed. If he needs time to get right then sweet but I think he's in our bests when fully fit and ready to rock. I think he also will alleviate some of the workload from some of our mids throughout the year and we all know how important it is to not burn those lads out before the business end of teh season kicks into full swing...

Mitchell has a bright future

But where he slots short term is unknown
Your post makes no sense. If you can't slot him anywhere short term, why do you have no problem slotting him in long term? Because the only old players in the side are ones that don't play his position - Goodes, Pyke, Shaw, Richards.

If there is a problem slotting him in now (which I don't there is) that problem isn't going away.

Your post makes no sense. If you can't slot him anywhere short term, why do you have no problem slotting him in long term? Because the only old players in the side are ones that don't play his position - Goodes, Pyke, Shaw, Richards.

If there is a problem slotting him in now (which I don't there is) that problem isn't going away.

Short term next few games.... Who are you dropping for him
I mean short term no one deserves to be dropped for him thats about it, he needs to take someones spot

Over time i expect him to pass others and be elite

Best on ground in the ressies again and not even a mention, over 250 senior games yet people still have some of the newbies that don't get near his stats way ahead of him? A lot of sheep on here following the company line, Im not sure whats going on and I might even follow the clubs reason if I knew what it was but I don't and I don't believe what I hear on here either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best on ground in the ressies again and not even a mention, over 250 senior games yet people still have some of the newbies that don't get near his stats way ahead of him? A lot of sheep on here following the company line, Im not sure whats going on and I might even follow the clubs reason if I knew what it was but I don't and I don't believe what I hear on here either.

I asked the same question a few days ago mate.

He was god awful in the seniors this year so.slow

Is your tv broken? Harsh to call people sheep

I think what Baja is trying to say is if there is something "more" to the ROK situation.

He lost a yard seems about it

Not owed games by the club thats life.its not the 60s vfl suburban comp anymore

He was god awful in the seniors this year so.slow

Is your tv broken? Harsh to call people sheep

So were most in that game and it was round 1 when he wasn't picked no form line at all to go by.., I meant sheep as in believing everything the club is saying about it, Other senior players that play in the ressies don't perform like he has been nor do most of the kids people are screaming for to play.. Maybe we will see him play a cameo at the pointy end of the season when the whips are cracking and bodies are tiring?

Last edited:
So what do you think then Baja? reckon there has been a fallout between him and the club?

Not sure but getting great stats in the ressies every week and not even a mention is strange that's all. In fact no feedback good or bad for a player that has nearly played 300 games for our club is very odd.

Not sure but getting great stats in the ressies every week and not even a mention is strange that's all. In fact no feedback good or bad for a player that has nearly played 300 games for our club is very odd.
All good and well getting 30 odd touches but the question is what is he doing with them. My biggest criticism beyond him losing his pace was that he was continually getting the ball and throwing the ball on the boot for a long kick regardless of what was forward. When there was an option up forward, they would inevitably go to the non-advantage side of the contest. I would really like to see efficiency stats on his touches before I'd push for him back in the side.

All good and well getting 30 odd touches but the question is what is he doing with them. My biggest criticism beyond him losing his pace was that he was continually getting the ball and throwing the ball on the boot for a long kick regardless of what was forward. When there was an option up forward, they would inevitably go to the non-advantage side of the contest. I would really like to see efficiency stats on his touches before I'd push for him back in the side.
Tippett, Buddy, Reid and Goodes would have ate them up lol

In all seriousness its frustrating not to be able to watch ressies games live and being able to form my own opinion you are right stats aren't everything but posters are quite happy to use them for everyone else is all Im saying.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back