Brownlow Medallist
Veteran 10k Posts NFL Board HoF
Oct 5, 2004
Athens, GA
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Phils, Eagles, Flyers, Sunderland
Just catching the opening ceremonies from Medinah. Love the team concept in the matches. Hoping the Europeans come through and retain the Cup. Love watching McIlroy and McDowell play.

Should be an exciting three days.

+1. Go Europe.

10.00 tonight isn't it? Such a convenient time compared to 4am that i thought it'd be.

Well 10pm to about 9am...so pick whichever time is convenient for you ;)

Well 10pm to about 9am...so pick whichever time is convenient for you ;)
10pm is convenient as the Cricket starts at about 12pm, and the Grand Final Marathon is also on.

Stuff the boring build up to the GF tomorrow, I'll watch some live sport tonight.:thumbsu:

Some very tasty pairings to start out the comp:

Poulter and Donald v Woods and Stricker
Donald and Garcia v Mickelson and Bradley

Can't wait....awkward time for you guys- having it in Europe would give you better timing.

Would rather have the feed from ESPN instead of the world feed but doesn't matter.

Should be some fantastic golf, pity it falls on GF weekend though.

Cuts out about 75% of the ads this way

Needs Ferredy (sp?).

Great chip in from Rory from off the back of the green. Would love Europe to shut the crowd up good and early.

They have done a pretty good job doing that. Tiger hasn't hit many good shots this morning. The two Macs are on fire.

Bugger me I wish I was betting on Ian Poulter tonight.

When I was watching the FedEx last week, they showed the Euro side and at first glance he looked like the weak link in their side. Then I thought, nah, he's the most mercurial player in golf and he has a great record in this event, sneaky good selection.

Fast forward to tonight, and i'm at a mates place, we are flicking in between the cricket and the golf. We come back from the cricket to the Woods/Stricker and Rose/Poulter match up. One of the Euro's is in the bunker. As soon as I saw it was Poulter, I said to my mate 'This is why they picked him, coz he makes these sorts of shots', and bang, he's chipped in out of the bunker.

I leave my mates place, get some smokes and head home. I put the telly on, in time to see Stricker miss a tough 25 foot putt. Next man up? Poulter with a tricky 15 footer. I'm sitting here toking away on a joint while he and Rose piss fart around analysing the putt, and i'm yelling at the telly 'What are you ******* around for Poulter, you got a free sighter, just go back and make this heckin' putt, that's what you're in the team for!!!'. As soon as he quit ******* around, sure enough, he goes back and bangs it in.

Damn I should have had some money on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Poulter LOVES the Ryder Cup- he'll be up for it all the time.

Great match up in the afternoon matches- the two Macs go against Phil and Keegan, who destroyed Donald And Garcia this morning.

I love the atmosphere at this event, like nothing you see in Golf at any other tournament.

Pity the Yanks took a 5-3 lead, really wanted the Euros to win this, but it's not over yet.

Will watch the opening foursomes tonight in conjunction with the EPL, another late night.:cool:

Yep, the Yanks are leading in every match, the Euros at least need to break even this morning or it will be a long way back.

The crowd for Bubba and co teeing off was awesome though, Happy Gilmore stuff.:cool:

Thought the Internationals were the only ones to struggle in foursomes... :p

Rose and Poulter crawl over the line vs Bubba/Simpson for an important point. 6-4 to USA, Euros struggling in other foursomes though. Garcia/Colsaerts look like dropping their match to Dufner/Johnson, so will most likely be 7-4.

The septics are a bit annoying, but there's something wonderful about matchplay golf.

Edit: Lol, just saw Phil/Bradley 7 & 6 against Westwood/Donald. They look like the power combination this week...

USA leads 8-4 after the morning session, Euro's need to hit back or at least break even in the four ball or it could be curtains.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back