SA Police travel to VIC to interview Clarko... yes, really.

Remove this Banner Ad

They probably want tips on how to control the unruly Port fans in case they keep losing

You don't need to control what won't exist if they keep losing.

You don't need to control what won't exist if they keep losing.

3e9.jpg

You've missed the point. It's a minor summary offence. They get reported all the time. Police never get authorisation to travel interstate for such a minor matter. It's happening here because he's high profile, which means he's being treated differently to the average punter, simply because he's Alistair Clarkson and the footage was all over the news. Everyone is supposed to be equal under law. He should be interviewed by appointment and issued a summons next time he's over there - doesn't matter how long it takes because it's a pissy matter and that's how the system works.

Yes...and being a high profile case, having it seen to be brought to justice would have a far greater influence than a dozen 'normal' cases.

The potential preventative/deterrent effects of a case like this (even if it's just to show it's taken seriously) are worth an air fare or two.

Yes...and being a high profile case, having it seen to be brought to justice would have a far greater influence than a dozen 'normal' cases.

The potential preventative/deterrent effects of a case like this (even if it's just to show it's taken seriously) are worth an air fare or two.

Exactly how the law is NOT supposed to work.

So it shouldn't be trying to prevent future incidents?
Sentencing is supposed to address that, not treating people differently depending on their level of fame, and the amount of media scrutiny. And do you really think the sentence Clarkson gets after all this is going to prevent anything? Joke decision by braid too timid to explain to the media that nothing will be done until he's back in their jurisdiction.

The angry gnome throat punched a drunk, he should be charged and convicted of assault.

The worst thing is he waited until he was right outside the hotel doors before he lashed out so he could swing one then bolt inside....cowardly grub.

Its the Clarkson way

The angry gnome throat punched a drunk, he should be charged and convicted of assault.

The worst thing is he waited until he was right outside the hotel doors before he lashed out so he could swing one then bolt inside....cowardly grub.
The complaint's been made, evidence is there, he gets charged on summons... Not the point of the thread.

Dunno, when compared with stationing police outside an embassy for years at a cost of 10 million pounds, travelling from SA to VIC and getting it over and done with seems pretty cheap and efficient.

Have you seen how pricey domestic flights are these days?

(Yes I know they wouldn't get charged a standard fare)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not at all. Re-read my post.

My point is, folks that don't want to do a trade, go to tafe/uni, join the armed forces or attained a decent exit score at school...become cops
I got an 84 ATAR when I finished school, completed three years of a uni degree, went to TAFE and I'm applying for the Army Reserves. I want to be a cop. Does that make me an uneducated bogan because I want a career where I can actually make a difference and has so many options besides just general duties?

What a waste of time and tax payer money.

I'd say he has it dead on. The police force are nothing more than armed tax collectors. There is a reason nobody respects them and usually refer to them as pigs.

I call bullshit. A small minority do not respect them. That's your (and theirs) prerogative. Don't talk on my behalf though.

cheers

Here's a Reality Check. If you're not a millionaire or work in a job that pays over 100k a year and don't know how you will rectify this situation in 5 years, you are in the lowest common denominator.

Wage Slave said:
but I pay taxes and I get to go out every weekend and drink beer n watch footy

like I said: lowest common denominator. I have more respect for dole bludgers.

Should be charging the ******** who provoked the whole thing so he could video it and show off on facebook.
That said cochead would be pressing charges
Unless SA laws are different to vic
Here, the police can only proceed if you wish to press charges

The prick would have had his ego shattered, and is pressing charges

Not at all. Re-read my post.

My point is, folks that don't want to do a trade, go to tafe/uni, join the armed forces or attained a decent exit score at school...become cops

I re-read your post, regret to report it was just as moronic the second time around.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back