Mega Thread The Footy Dept Thread Part I - #SackHardwick or #StandByDimma?

Should he go?

• See out his contract

Votes: 44 15.0%
  • See out the year

Votes: 130 44.2%
  • See out the day

Votes: 93 31.6%
  • Undecided

Votes: 27 9.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm in another country so I can't even watch the game, but it's pretty unbelievable that a rookie coach in his second game can defeat (or almost) a coach in his 6th season. What's worse is when you look at both comparative lists, we're older and more experienced. This is probably the second time now we're seeing a younger team pass us by in development (first being port) and with how this season is shaping up, I wouldn't be surprised if Melbourne and Brisbane surprise us. Very worrying signs, I wouldn't sack him 3 quarters into the second round though.

Outcoached by a rookie coach.

Dimma is learning on the job, but sorry but we can't afford that.

He's had more than long enough. There is improvement in the list (just) but on-field performance there is very little.

He continues to put his faith in spuds like Chaplin, Pettered, Gordon, Morris - these guys are rubbish footballers.
Some are even in the leadership group.

Whenever there is a crunch game and the pressure is on we go missing.

Alarm bells should have be sounding when the players revealed last year that training standards were not up to scratch.

I mean really? This is supposed to be a professional sporting Club? How was he not sacked on the spot then.

His replacement needs to be sought out immediately.

I doubt it will happen though - we have a number cruncher in Gale and a soft as your Grandmother president in charge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's got to get the players to stop fluffing around with the footy so much we're very inefficient and play in stunted bursts and fits.

If he doesn't then its best we look elsewhere, we have a lot of good young line breaking players who don't utilise their best assets often enough.

If the board don't sit back, wince, and then hunt down some phone numbers for the few experienced options around (Bomber Thompson #1), then they are kidding themselves and letting us down.

Hell, offer Ross Lyon 2 million a year to jump ship after Freo's final crack at it. The difference we would see under him, we wouldn't even believe it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back