Samsung Galaxy S3

Remove this Banner Ad

Picked up my new S3 today and have to say after a bit of play...Samsung have excelled on this this one..!!!

I'm heavily debating between this, HTC One X, and the LG Optimus 4XHD.. I hate the design on this phone but I heard the performance is outstanding..

I'm heavily debating between this, HTC One X, and the LG Optimus 4XHD.. I hate the design on this phone but I heard the performance is outstanding..

The One X has some multi-tasking issues. It greatly favours battery life over functionality and so closes background programs very quickly. Not going to change on a stock rom because HTC consider it a feature. Also has a non-removable battery and no SD card support

The HTC is an impressive phone too, if you like its design. It doesn't match the SGS3 in a couple of things, but is still a market leader.

I agree, HTC is an impressive phone but I wouldn't say it's a market leader. Galaxy S3 may have an ugly design but its performance definitely makes up for it. I'm still just speculating

The One X has some multi-tasking issues. It greatly favours battery life over functionality and so closes background programs very quickly. Not going to change on a stock rom because HTC consider it a feature. Also has a non-removable battery and no SD card support

I used to have an iPhone and iPhones have a non-removable battery and no SD card slot so that's no problem and not many people uses stock rom anyway..

i converted to s3 recently after using iPhone for so many years.... It has taken a while to get used to it, sometimes been a bit annoying, like email, and sms or pretty crap on the standard os, however you just download other apps and its perfect. Also can be complicated to connect via usb to a mac, not as simple as iPhone and detects as soon as you connect usb. If you purchase this phone, start reading forums for the best apps to download as it will make the phone.... I am still trying to work out why i cannot receive mms sometimes.

Hrrrmm what to do. Galaxy or wait until the new iPhone?
I wouldn't recommend waiting.. Nowadays, if you start waiting for a new product release, chances are you'll regret it afterwards. If you're currently in need of a phone and you like the galaxy, then get it. If not, then wait.

I wouldn't recommend waiting.. Nowadays, if you start waiting for a new product release, chances are you'll regret it afterwards. If you're currently in need of a phone and you like the galaxy, then get it. If not, then wait.

agree... sell the iPhone 4s now and you can get over $500 on ebay. Wait till the iPhone 5 comes out and u won't get much for an old iPhone. This way you can use the Galaxy s3 and if you loved it , then perfect, if not, you sell the S3 later and you will get a decent return anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well I noticed a bit of a scratch on my screen yesterday. Have not dropped my phone. All I can figure is I may have had my keys or tape measure in the same pocket briefly (I usually dont) It would have been for no more then a minute walking back to my car. I thought to myself bl. Then later on at home I went to check MVFC forum it was still the same. Put the phone back on the coffee table. Grabbed it again a few minutes later to check the weather and there was a massive crack across the screen which is just getting worse. Now for warranty purposes I can only assume they wont believe I did not drop it. Can anyone recommend a repairer, likely cost and if there would be any chance of using my warranty. It's about 2 months old.

Do samsung do what apple do? and allow you to pay the $200 or whatever it is and replace it?

Check out Whirlpool forums, they will know more and will have people that have dropped it and had it repaired.

I don't think Samsung do that kind of thing - for starters, there are no Samsung shops.
samsungexp_1.jpg

IMG_2524.jpg

Well I noticed a bit of a scratch on my screen yesterday. Have not dropped my phone. All I can figure is I may have had my keys or tape measure in the same pocket briefly (I usually dont) It would have been for no more then a minute walking back to my car. I thought to myself bl. Then later on at home I went to check MVFC forum it was still the same. Put the phone back on the coffee table. Grabbed it again a few minutes later to check the weather and there was a massive crack across the screen which is just getting worse. Now for warranty purposes I can only assume they wont believe I did not drop it. Can anyone recommend a repairer, likely cost and if there would be any chance of using my warranty. It's about 2 months old.

Do samsung do what apple do? and allow you to pay the $200 or whatever it is and replace it?

Dropped mine and completely smashed the screen. Got a few quotes to replace it, it's around $275-$300.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back