Sandy Roberts Presents: The Wordsmith

Remove this Banner Ad

This will go down in the annals of Australian television history, filed directly under the "what were they thinking' category. Someone get the number for the Australian National Film and Sound Archive before the tape is burnt!

Just watched it. Quality troll by Fox Footy. How much did they spend making this mockumentary? Bizarre

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

It's funnier a second time. They should have put it on without any hype.

Even the bit about the Beatles and JFK? Even I know that's total BS. I've spent the last week googling for anything Beatle-related that mentions Difanti and it's crap. Everyone knows it was Jimmy Nicol.

Currently no other evidence on JFK either.

The Molly Meldrum story we've already established is bullshit - bit hard for him to run onto the ground when he was passed out (not to mention the footage of "Molly" running onto the ground is from a different match altogether, looked like a home game vs North at Moorabin).

As for the rest of it - I'm reserving judgement.

What was the name of the nursing home Jimmy Difanti is apparently living? Starts with an R.

Did some quick googling for nursing homes down the Mornington Peninsula. Came up with Rosebud and Rosebrook. Wondering if it's actually worth ringing up and seeing if old mate Jimmy is actually there or not but meh.

Lol, time to give up the ghost on this one I think Heardy. But if you do decide to ring some nursing homes, record it and post here for all to see. :thumbsu:

Lol, time to give up the ghost on this one I think Heardy. But if you do decide to ring some nursing homes, record it and post here for all to see. :thumbsu:
Probably not even worth my time. But still worth finding out nonetheless. Might wait and see if FoxFooty do show the rest of the Wordsmith.

According to the latest ad, Mike Sheahan basically said that those iconic recorded speeches we all know and love from the 60s and 70s made by the likes of Tom Hafey, Allan Jeans and John Kennedy Snr were all written for them by the same man, presumably this Jimmy bloke he mentioned before. Unbelievable, but this must be serious.

Can you please change to a hawthorn supporter?

Can you please change to a hawthorn supporter?

Can you please read my later post below before you even think of making misinformed comments like that? Thank you.

Following on from my earlier post, I must admit when I saw the sneak preview of Sandy Roberts questioning Malcolm Blight at half time of the Finals Footy on Fox preliminary final coverage on the Saturday night prior to the Wordsmith airing, I knew then it had to be a pisstake, and of course it was. Yes it wasn't the best choice of programming on Fox Footy by any means, and a lot of the promos were misleading, but nonetheless I thought it was good for a bit of a laugh. I know I'll be in the minority on that, but having said that, it obviously would have been a lot better had Fox Footy brought back shows like Headliners which also delved back into footy history, the big footy stories covered over the years, but at least the stories were serious, the program had journalistic credibility, and a lot of it, and it didn't treat its audience like absolute dummies with misleading promos.

And just for the record, I wouldn't barrack for the Dawks if you paid me a trillion dollars.

you know how i know it was a pisstake

why the hell would there actually be a lamborghini with sandy roberts face plasted all over it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you know how i know it was a pisstake

why the hell would there actually be a lamborghini with sandy roberts face plasted all over it

It was photoshopped/CGI.

Otherwise they would have shown him driving around in it. No way would any TV network fork out a Lambo (or any overpriced crapload-amount-of-horsepower car for that matter) for one guy, unless Sandy paid for it himself (and he could afford two of them on his own) but I doubt he'd be that full of himself to plaster his face all over it. That's something Dunstall or Brereton would do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back