Schoenmakers staying makes sense

Remove this Banner Ad

If people want to know the problem with Shoenmakers just watch every final he played in.
Forget 2011, which cost is a Grand Final, watch them all and especially note the 2012 prelim.
He cost is that game again but was saved from some Rioli magic.
He just chokes under pressure so badly. He has poor composure, reads the ball poorly, has almost no core body strength and lacks intensity.
I am sure he is a ripping guy but I would have traded him.

Just because we've had success in previous drafts doesn't guarantee we will in future drafts. We've already gotten rid of Cheney, but let's get rid of more of our KPD depth and then struggle with cutting players next season because most of the ones left will be good enough to play regular football.

My point being GoldenHodge , that this draft is the equal to those drafts in which we procured the blokes mentioned!:rolleyes:

The flashes he showed prior to doing his ACL have me glad that he stayed. Had a poor year - started off well but continually regressed as the season went on. He needs another pre-season to regain his fitness and hopefully his confidence. Hoping that next year we see a Schoey who is ready to give it his absolute all and live up to his potential.

My point being GoldenHodge , that this draft is the equal to those drafts in which we procured the blokes mentioned!:rolleyes:

No drafts are equal, I'd back Hawks to get a good player but Schoenmakers is worth more than 34. I know many people don't see him as part of our best 22 next season or in the future but with Cheney, Lowden, Hallahan, Sewell, Kelly and Garlett all leaving our club, we need to keep him for at least another season. No doubt next season is make or break for Schoenmakers.

Well he's here for another 12 months then we'll see. Problem is I care about how the club spends my membership and for this guy to be earning a bundle most here couldn't jump over, let alone earn, I feel obliged to have a reasonable expectation on his direct input to the list, the team and his ability to contribute.

His form finish in the VFL this year was a disgrace and for him to then say I want to fight my way back to the AFL is all a little confusing because that isn't the way it's done. The truth is he simply wasn't traded because Freo and ADLE stumbled at paying the last year of his contract and we wouldn't subsidise.

We'll see what happens but this time next year he's out of contract, rising 25 and if in no better form it won't be about pretty please can I have another year to work things out - it will be see u later.

He has it all to do from here, the warning signs are all there!

Um Gordo....

I don't know if you have noticed....

But we seem to be REIGNING PREMIER....

Actually BACK TO BACK REIGNING PREMIER....

seriously.

you have no idea - and if you are really worried about how the club spends your membership just think about this - we have won 12 flags in 50 years.

That is the most successful club by so much it isn't funny - there are supporters of the Saints, the Dogs, the Dees and most of the interstate teams, actually everyone who would kill for our record...

SO Mr Gordo, if you are so displeased by the club hanging onto to a 24 year old Key position player coming back from a knee reconstruction who has been played out of position to fill the team's needs then I suggest you go and spend your precious membership dollars elsewhere - preferably on a plane ticket any from here - I hear Liberia is nice this time of year

I thought Schoey played on Cloke and/or Dawes in the 2011 Prelim. Didn't realise he was playing on Luke Ball too. No wonder the boy was stuffed with 3 minutes to go in a tight and tense Prelim Final.

He just chokes under pressure so badly. He has poor composure, reads the ball poorly, has almost no core body strength and lacks intensity.
I am sure he is a ripping guy but I would have traded him.
Just ignore the 2012 Grandfinal :thumbsu: or the ball he was able to pump into Franklin which gave us the lead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does your endorsement of Shoey have anything to do with your username? I call agenda!

We've already lost Sewell this year. Without Schoey we are spreading thin.

has almost no core body strength

I think that this is the thing thats so baffling, because he looks like a Spartan warrior but gets pushed off the ball like a he's jockey. His main attributes are his pace for his size and his good raking kick out of the backline generating momentum. So despite the fact that he looks like a CHB or FB the reality is that he plays the role of mobile back flanker like Duryea or Suckling. I think for too long we have let the way he looks cloud our judgment on this one.

Um Gordo....

I don't know if you have noticed....

But we seem to be REIGNING PREMIER....

Actually BACK TO BACK REIGNING PREMIER....

seriously.

you have no idea - and if you are really worried about how the club spends your membership just think about this - we have won 12 flags in 50 years.

That is the most successful club by so much it isn't funny - there are supporters of the Saints, the Dogs, the Dees and most of the interstate teams, actually everyone who would kill for our record...

SO Mr Gordo, if you are so displeased by the club hanging onto to a 24 year old Key position player coming back from a knee reconstruction who has been played out of position to fill the team's needs then I suggest you go and spend your precious membership dollars elsewhere - preferably on a plane ticket any from here - I hear Liberia is nice this time of year

Oh my GOSH, shock horror!!!

Yet another diatribe of rubbish from a Schoey pom pom girl - you guys never cease to amuse me with the irrelevant comedy of your defence.

Oh my GOSH, shock horror!!!

Yet another diatribe of rubbish from a Schoey pom pom girl - you guys never cease to amuse me with the irrelevant comedy of your defence.

Bit rich coming from a guy who threatened to cut up his membership if we kept one player on our list (our back to back flag winning list)

I seriously think you'd be more suited to Richmond or maybe the Saints. Or perhaps your levels of delusion are up there with Bomber supporters. I can't understand your out and out hatred for this one player unless he had done something personally to you or its an unrequited man crush. I guess Gordo, we'll never know

Well he's here for another 12 months then we'll see. Problem is I care about how the club spends my membership and for this guy to be earning a bundle most here couldn't jump over, let alone earn, I feel obliged to have a reasonable expectation on his direct input to the list, the team and his ability to contribute.

His form finish in the VFL this year was a disgrace and for him to then say I want to fight my way back to the AFL is all a little confusing because that isn't the way it's done. The truth is he simply wasn't traded because Freo and ADLE stumbled at paying the last year of his contract and we wouldn't subsidise.

We'll see what happens but this time next year he's out of contract, rising 25 and if in no better form it won't be about pretty please can I have another year to work things out - it will be see u later.

He has it all to do from here, the warning signs are all there!

Looked to run out of gas in 2014... not sure if having a limited pre-season after returning from the ACL would have contributed.

I thought he definitely turned the corner prior to the ACL in 2013, he needs to do lot in preseason this year to get close to a start in 2015. The kid has talent by foot, I think he is only a shitload of confidence away from being very useful player.

They didn't exactly choose the most flattering photo of him did they?

On a serious note, interesting thoughts from Mitch. One or the other, make it his own.

True enough in a way but he hardly had the chance to do that last year - you have to play where you are told to! Let's hope things are more settled in our back line this year and he can spend his time up forward. Spangher suffers from the same problem a bit but I think he is better down back overall.

skinny him up, feed him lots of caffeine before a game and turn him into a big fckn hard hitting wingman who can go into the centre and bash into the big mids and frighten the crap out of the little blokes.

Chaos theory.......................like Spangher in the backline, doesn't accomplish much but get in the way and it works.

Andy Gowers anyone ?

skinny him up, feed him lots of caffeine before a game and turn him into a big fckn hard hitting wingman who can go into the centre and bash into the big mids and frighten the crap out of the little blokes.

Chaos theory.......................like Spangher in the backline, doesn't accomplish much but get in the way and it works.

Andy Gowers anyone ?

I loved Andy Gowers - Tall running wing machine

Remove this Banner Ad

Back