Rumour Schulz may go to Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

If i were Jay Schulz and going to freo id be making sure my contract outlasted ross's by a couple of years.

This might be one of the stupidest threads ive ever read

Everyone says Freo needs a Key forward, and they need to score more and they need help for the young key forwards
There window is right now

So they go an head hunt a mature KPP who has played finals and can kick 40 goals in a season and people are critisizing them?

The * is wrong with people? No freo dont try and get the one thing you lack for a flag.. draft a young bloke and wait 6 years for him to develop because only players with potential are worth something

Would rather sign a 1 year contract at port than 2 with Freo.

Good on him! Apparently hated the idea of leaving his teammates but had to consider other options. Glad he's staying, he'll form a very dangerous trio with Dixon and Ryder up forward.

Was listening to ABC Grandstand this afternoon who felt that Schultz messed things up: apparently Port offered him 2 years at 400k, but he thought he was worth more. The next offer from Port was for 1 year at 500k, which he also turned down. However, it sounded like other clubs weren't interested at the price he was asking so he ended up staying with Port for slightly less than the second rejected offer.

I'm happy he is staying but would have been happy if he decided to put himself first and moved on.

he has been great to our club and we owe him more than he owes us.

Was listening to ABC Grandstand this afternoon who felt that Schultz messed things up: apparently Port offered him 2 years at 400k, but he thought he was worth more. The next offer from Port was for 1 year at 500k, which he also turned down. However, it sounded like other clubs weren't interested at the price he was asking so he ended up staying with Port for slightly less than the second rejected offer.
Yep, turned down a 2 year offer earlier in the year. Playing hardball with clubs isn't always the best idea particularly when you're 30+.
Ecstatic that he's staying though.

I thought he only was offered one year and that was his main issue whereas Freo were offering two?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back